newby scores

newby scores

Postby fretz » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 pm

jon newby scored for morton today :)
fretz

Re: newby scores

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Naturally!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Aal » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:42 pm

We didn't give him enough chance to shine last year. A striker like him needs to play for longer than 10 mins.

Wish him all the best at Cappielow where i'm sure he'll be more appreciated. :)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Aal wrote:We didn't give him enough chance to shine last year. A striker like him needs to play for longer than 10 mins.

Wish him all the best at Cappielow where i'm sure he'll be more appreciated. :)

I think you're a bit harsh there! Knowbody says Jon wasn't appreciated. A managers job is not an easy one. To the fans Jon Newby was brill and not given a proper chance but to the manager, well we don't really know. What we do know is that managers are marked on performances, league positions and trophy wins. Sammy and Mark did excellent last season - fact! 'If' they a played Jon more it may well have paid off for us, but it may not have also! We will never know one way or the other. Times move on. I hope Jon does excellent wherever he plays.
nobbyshrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:53 am

His goal ratio to minutes on the pitch definately gave him the edge last season Nobby, although some wouls argue that the hat-trick he got bumped that up.

A hat-trick in a team who struggled to score?

In my opinion he was not given enough time either.
Not being funny, but you didn't see him when he was on the pitch, his runs off the ball that our other players missed seeing were awesome. Given more time the players would have seen them and they'd have come off.

I'm not saying he would have scored from those oppurtunities but if you don't shoot you don't score. Unless you're playing Carlisle :D

Good luck to the lad, he'll do well I'm sure.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion