Players today

Re: Players today

Postby james456 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 am

Jody wrote:Do you not think if they were going on a 'bender' they'd have the sense to do it far far away from where the majority of their fans are based, and avoid SPECULATION like this.

/agree

When I was at school, the teachers had an annual piss up and they travelled away from morecambe for it to avoid complaints from parents etc.
:lol:
james456

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:31 am

james456 wrote:
Jody wrote:Do you not think if they were going on a 'bender' they'd have the sense to do it far far away from where the majority of their fans are based, and avoid SPECULATION like this.

/agree

When I was at school, the teachers had an annual piss up and they travelled away from morecambe for it to avoid complaints from parents etc.
:lol:

Why?
Because they weren't invited? :lol:

Or because the kids were out drinking the teachers :!: :o

(I do not condone under-age drinking.)
morecambe mick

Postby Phoenix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:58 am

I was in a hotel today, players were there having a laugh, a few drinks, bit of banter, bit more of a laugh, just generally enjoying themselves.

And that was Man City :lol:

or so I had to be told :oops:

Ahh, this explains why they were in a spa hotel sheffield, had me wondering for a while!

The game was played at Oakwell, the home of Championship side Barnsley, as the pitch at Eastlands is not yet ready after being relaid in the close season.
Last edited by Phoenix on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Postby mfcbro » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 am

Well said Jody,i heard that the new player Mark Bostik was a bit stuck up.
mfcbro

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:02 am

Yes you may have seen a large group of them, and they may have been rowdy - as large groups of young men tend to be. You use the word 'seemed' when referring to their 'drunken' state. There are a lot of players within our team who do not drink, and I'm sure if you actually spoke to some of them, and not watched from a distance and presumed things, this post wouldn't have appeared on the board. Kebabs, yes they aren't the best for you, but they're fit, healthy young men and I'm sure its not going to do them the same harm as it might you. You ASSUME they were drinking from 2pm, but who's to say they didnt have a long pub lunch, a game of golf, a nap, and then went out about 8pm when you saw them? They don't necessarily have to have been drinking all day, but I'm sure if Mark went to lunch with them, then he will have been aware of the afternoons plans. And all the players will have been aware they had training bright and early next morning.
Believe it or not they are human beings, and they have lives outside football. And believe it or not, their lives outside of football are theirs to do whatever they want with. I'm sure if there were any issues, then Sammy and Mark will have addressed them in training the following morning that's what they are paid to do, not speculate as most people on here seem to be doing on the information of one person who 'saw' them. Its easy to jump to conclusions.

Brilliant post Jody. Spot on that.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby wonder shrimp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 am

FWIW chicken kebabs (where they cook individual bits of chicken on the grill) is actually one of the healthiest ways of cooking the meat that there is (the fat drips off) and that in a pitta bread with some salad (and perhaps plenty of chillli sauce :evil: ) is really not that unhealthy at all.

just felt the need to defend kebabs!
wonder shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:42 pm

Takes a woman to sort this board out :o

So this is what you were planning on ya phone at the Dolly Blue :lol: :lol:

No seriously, well said that gal ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 pm

You ASSUME they were drinking from 2pm, but who's to say they didnt have a long pub lunch, a game of golf, a nap, and then went out about 8pm when you saw them?

First point Jody; well said. As the old saying goes, 'don't shit where you eat!' Of course everyone is allowed to let their hair down, but when you are in the (local) public eye, it's best to be done somewhere where you are going to be recognised.

Second point, I used phrases such as 'seemed' because I was trying to use a bit of polite English. Fact was some were very drunk, especially Roache and most of the other new signings. The Mrs. and the guys in the takeway were greeted to a moon :roll: and a bit of verbal and a few evils when trying to reverse my car out.

Anyway, like I said before, I hope this is just a one-off and I'm pretty sure it will be. Just thought I would mention it as I wasn't impressed at the time. Finding out later that they had no training the following day makes it less of an issue. I rarely post anything negative on this message board and will be fully behind the team when the season starts.

COME ON MORECAMBE!
Wild Bill

Postby i-love-mfc » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 pm

^^
well said bruv!
i-love-mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion