Forest date???

Forest date???

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 pm

what day is the game on most people I have spoken to say its on tuesday but it say on the website that its on wednesday
heysham_mfc

Re: Forest date???

Postby Mark S » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Wednesday. It was moved due to a clash with Notts County.
Mark S

Postby slackAlice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Which prompted me to look at how close those two grounds are - I noticed at the Notts Co game last season they were very close. I wonder if they have ever played at the same time ? I know L'Pool & Everton have in the FA cup - years ago.

the two nottingham clubs are the closest in England at 0.26 miles (459.35 Yards), as the crow flies, centre spot to centre spot. However Dundee and Dundee United are Closer than that, at just 0.18 miles (310.08 Yards) apart, centre spot to centre spot, as the crow flies, which makes them the closest in Britain.
slackAlice

Postby The Red Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 pm

You can see Nottingham Forests ground from the away end of Notts Countys ground.
The Red Knight

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:10 pm

They are actually playing each other in a "friendly" :o tomorrow! At the County game last season, as you say the 2 grounds are as close as Christie Park and the Shrimp roundabout, we went to the Globe across the bridge from the ground as the pub next door was "trashed" :o . The County fans in there were quite stunned to see a red shirt but once they realised we were Morecambe and not those £**!!!!!***$$$$ from over the river we were ok. They said that in the old days there would be some real fighting but now whichever team were playing at home used the pub. We were made very welcome when we visited the clubs own bar whilst watching the Sky game :D

The County fans are quite worried about their Kop being taken over :roll:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load. ... 2128860557
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion