work on stadium to start next week!

Re: work on stadium to start next week!

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Curly wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:I am sure the ground will have been designed so if you ever need to increase the captivity it could be done without it cisting too much

No! we should be releasing more fans back into the wild ;) :lol: :lol:

execpt when we play bradford I would quite like to keep them ;)

You do realise they cost a fortune in blue pop and micro chips to feed :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby fletch_al » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:43 pm

did i miss this?

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Morecambe-to ... tadium.php

i was under the impression there wud be just a few bars like in the north stand at the min
fletch_al

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm

I hope it doesn't look the way it does in the picture. Fair enough if its on the new version of the carwash stand but please not on the home end.
durhamshrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm

How long is it going to take to build :?: :!: :!: :!: :!:

The Shrimps, who hope to move into the new ground in time for the 20010-11 season, will raise significant amounts from the sale of their current ground’s land.

:o :o :o

You cannot be serious :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Vinny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:I hope it doesn't look the way it does in the picture. Fair enough if its on the new version of the carwash stand but please not on the home end.

Agreed, but those illustrated are seats and we know we cannot stand on seats.

Perhaps they will be more like the North Stand or as the 'safe standing' shown here from Borussia Dortmund http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/7613442.stm
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby fletch_al » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm

the seats pictured are designed so that ther is plenty of room to stand. they wudnt make an article about standing areas if they were gonna put a picture of normal seats
fletch_al

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:What's of importance is that we have a stadium that will deliver revenue day in and day out, rather than a stadium that wil hold 7000 when realistically it will hardly ever be full to capacity.

As and when the time comes for expansion to cater for an increase in spectators on a regular basis, I'm sure that the design of the covered terrace opposite the main stand can be changed to accomodate any increase.

Far better to reduce the original capacity and to retain the importance of the revenue yielding areas than to effectively reduce the stadiums earning capacity just to retain a 7000 capacity stadium.

If this reduction in capacity is to bring the stadium on stream within a defined budget then so be it. I'd rather it came in on budget than create an overspend that would have to be financed once again by the Board.

Far better to have a smaller stadium creating 'one hell of an atmosphere' than large expances of open empty terracing.

Do we really want to emulate the Darlington experience? No thank you!

Surely if they made plans for a 7000 capacity then thats what they must have originally budgeted for and all the other things that bring in day to day revenue .How can the club say they are ambitious when they are building a smaller ground than the one we have already Arsenal moved from a 40,000 capacity to 60,000 and increased their gates , so why cant we. When we played Shrewsbury last season in their nice stadium, it wasn't full but there was still a great atmosphere. Totally ridiculous to compare it with Darlingtons 25,000 seater stadium , half the premier clubs wouldn't fill that place . :o
parceldave

Postby Number 1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Anyone going to Burton will probably realise what our new stadium will be like. Apart from I think we'll have a better main stand looking at the artists impressions, especially those hospitality areas with the tables outside.
Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Vinny wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:I hope it doesn't look the way it does in the picture. Fair enough if its on the new version of the carwash stand but please not on the home end.

Agreed, but those illustrated are seats and we know we cannot stand on seats.

Perhaps they will be more like the North Stand or as the 'safe standing' shown here from Borussia Dortmund http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/7613442.stm

The Safe Standing could look like this?
safestanding.jpg

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Morecambe-to ... tadium.php

oops already posted but what the hell :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:12 pm

is this safe stading going ahead still no mention of it in the chairmans statement
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:37 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:is this safe stading going ahead still no mention of it in the chairmans statement

It was only ever speculation to start with.
campdave

Previous

Return to General Discussion