The worst sending off you have seen?

The worst sending off you have seen?

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Thought i would carry on the trend :lol:

I seem to remember Celi at Telford :lol:
Sammy h

Re: The worst sending off you have seen?

Postby Truth » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:31 pm

If your referring to this forum Sammy h it would have to be:-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=225

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Truth on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated .this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent
Truth

Postby Harry » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Twissy's last season
Harry

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Someone will remember but I'm struggling to recall the details.

I think it was the last game of the season, like ages ago, (I think) Andy Grimshaw got sent off for deliberate handball on the goal-line despite ripping off his shirt to show to big red mark on his chest. Banks' saved the resulting penalty too. :)
morecambe mick

Postby morecambe TID » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:41 pm

david artells, at home to peterborough
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby John L » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Harry wrote:Twissy's last season

I agree, Harry! We should've known that tosser of a ref (Kevin Friend) would somehow put himself in the spotlight! He's done it before and done it since! :evil: :evil: :evil:
John L

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 am

Truth wrote:If your referring to this forum Sammy h it would have to be:-

:lol: :lol:

Many would say that this was a very leniant sending off and the red card should have been shown earlier!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Rigoglioso at Telford for me too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:46 am

James Bentley - Ipswich FA Cup 2002/03

Very harsh and gave the tie no chance at all with only 10 mins gone. ended up 4-0 but we never stopped singing. One of my best memories of follwing Morecambe Away and the night out in Ipswich that evening was class.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:51 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:James Bentley - Ipswich FA Cup 2002/03

Very harsh and gave the tie no chance at all with only 10 mins gone. ended up 4-0 but we never stopped singing. One of my best memories of follwing Morecambe Away and the night out in Ipswich that evening was class.

To be honest, I felt he was last man, so didn't think it was harsh. Unfortunate but it was the right decision IMO, I even said "he's off" as soon as the ref blew for the free kick.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:23 pm

North Stand Shrimp wrote:James Bentley - Ipswich FA Cup 2002/03

That was like a rugby tackle, deffo red card but ruined any chance of us getting anything out of the game. Think HArvey had to sacrifice Tommo after the sending off too.
Sammy h

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am

Danny Adams should have got sent off for the way he took McIlroy out at Wembley :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby Southern Shrimp » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Perks sending off at Scouseport a couple of seasons back was embarrasing. Young ref who couldnt even run properly got over excited when Perks rushed into an assertive but very fair challenge, Perks feet didnt even leave the ground. He couldnt get him off quickly enough.

To add insult to injury he went on to make the single worst decision I have ever seen in all my life later in the second half when he only booked Port's centre back for hacking down Wayno (I think it was Wayne?) as he went clean through on goal and was about to pull the trigger.

Im about as placid as they come but even I wanted to linch the clown that day! Luckily for him Drenchy was in inspired form and we pulled off a smash and grab raid when Yatesy banged in a great but very unlikely winner.

That was also the day when I decided that Carl Baker was the best player Id seen play against us in a very long time
Southern Shrimp

Postby Truth » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Site Admin states

Many would say that this was a very leniant sending off and the red card should have been shown earlier!!

"Many" any evidence of the many Keith? Attendances at Christie Park range from 1500-2500 Keith. A cult group on here is hardly representative of those as is the Visitor editor, Mr Cooper's opinion and view representative of the majority of th 129,000 folk who are residents in the area covered by Lancaster City Council..

You've lost your powers of impartial analysis Keith (check out the evidence)..
The rules of the game are clearly set out here when registering:-

By accessing “Shrimpsvoices” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Shrimpsvoices”, “http://www.ttpics.co.uk/shrimpsvoices”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Shrimpsvoices”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “Shrimpsvoices” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Shrimpsvoices” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Shrimpsvoices” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Shrimpsvoices” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Check out the most viewed thread on this site Keith (the one you locked):-

and inform us who on this thread makes the
abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated
statements like "piss off" etc etc

Your action on this thread Keith brings this site (and if it is the official supporters site forum of Morecambe FC) the club into disrepute.

BTW Keith why are the Visitor and Lancaster & Morecambe iCitizen the only website links on this site when there are local community websites like:- http://www.virtual-lancaster.net, etc in the area?

So tell us Keith why you locked the thread and why you play the man not the ball.
Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated .this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent
Truth

Postby marky » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 am

Truth, you have hyjacked a thread which has nothing to do with the other to which you are referring. You have been told time and time again that this is an UNOFFICIAL supporters forum. In short, nothing to do with the football club. As for the links, this is a football forum. The two newspapers have stories relating to the football club. Virtual Lancaster has nothing to do with it whatsoever. I'm aware this is entirely outside my remit but your personal vendetta against certain members of this forum is getting extremely tiresome. Keith is forum administrator. He can lock any threads he chooses and he doesn't have to give a reason.

I'm sure I will have been there for the Grimshaw sending off, but Banks saved a penalty? I can't believe I don't remember that!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:10 am

The rules of the game are clearly set out here when registering

Keith is not only Site Admin, he built the site from scratch. When he built the site, his username, Keith, was created at the same time. When the username is created as part of that process, there are no terms or rules presented to which "Keith" has to agree to. Everyone but Keith has had to agree to abide by the phrases you point out.

Before you question this statement, I suggest some research into the fantastico control panel and phpbb automated software installation would not go amiss.

BTW Keith why are the Visitor and Lancaster & Morecambe iCitizen the only website links on this site when there are local community websites

Yet again a complete lack of research leads to undeserved critiscism. This is a new site and is not yet complete. If you had bothered to check what very few links are available, you would have noticed there was another forum until very recently. A forum that contained the exact link you complain is missing from this one. If you continued and researched this forum, you will know the links are still being built. This site is not yet fully complete following the move.

and if it is the official supporters site forum of Morecambe FC

It is not an official site, never has been, never will be.

How do I know all of this? I hosted the other forum until Keith built this one very recently. I explained to Keith how to build this forum. The few links that are set up were created by me to show Keith one way how links could be used. It is now up to Keith to decide what other links to add and whether to add them in the same way. There is no reason when the links are added that they won't include all the links on the old forum perhaps with the exception of links to teams no longer in our league.

Your constant attempts to link personal comments on this forum to the football club are disgraceful as are your attempt to discredit the club through lies about loans and your repeated personal attacks on Glen Cooper.

If you want the world to read your opinion, have you thought about setting up your own web site? If not, PM me and I will give you some details how to go about it as I have many others.

To be honest, I felt he was last man, so didn't think it was harsh. Unfortunate but it was the right decision IMO, I even said "he's off" as soon as the ref blew for the free kick.

I think even the ref thought it was harsh but so obviously the last man, etc that he had no choice.
Phoenix

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:24 am

If we just ignore Truth and don't reply to anything they post they will probably eventually go away.

Ruined a decent thread and is in danger of ruining our decent forum.

Pratt.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:31 am

How utterly tiresome.

Truth, I think I can speak for the majority on this site when I say - Go away and plague somewhere else.

This is a football forum and while we dont mind a bit of off topic discussion and banter, your relentless quest to plague and terrorise certain individuals on here have now overstepped the mark and you are spoiling the enjoyment of the majority.

Guys - This is a troll of the highest order and he is getting kicks out of winding you up. Please press the ignore button.

Brian, continue with your great work on Facbook but just ignore this guy

Keith - Can I suggest that we flick? Getting far too sinister for my liking.

This is a forum for Morecambe fans and we are less than a fortnight off kick off to a new season in the Football League.

Thread Locked
Mark S

Return to General Discussion