Our New Ground

Our New Ground

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Just driven down the delights and joys of the M6 for the umpteenth time on my way to HQ in Maidenhead and once again past that completely soulless looking, concrete jungle, put together in kit form stadium that is The Bescot Stadium, "home" of Walsall FC.

I am all for and in favour of our new ground being constrcuted and can see it is without doubt for the absolute good of the club, but my god, how much do we NOT want such a lifeless looking place like Walsall's ground .... Every time I drive past I can't help but think how much match days must be an "experience" of all their very own in that place.

Like I say, 100% in favour of the new ground for us, although Christie will be sorely missed (I have spent twenty five odd plus years there after all - and I know, nowhere near as long as some people) but I hope to goodness our new home will be homely, and pleasing on the eye !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Our New Ground

Postby postie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Couldn't agree more.Now in 50th year at Christie and will miss the uniqueness of the old ground.Ah!What memories.Sorry to get maudling.
postie

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:49 am

Couldn't agree more. however big we get we must retain the friendly and welcoming family feel that the club has had at CP. I hope that the public refreshment areas aren't a stark concrete cavern and that a decent warm and inviting bar is also available for all to enjoy before and after a game.

Just a note for this season, when winter comes is there any chance we can have the door to JB's closed instead of propped wide open so that we don't all have to freeze to death? :D

BTW looking at the plans I don't think for one minute we will be getting a soulless place like Walsall.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:41 pm

postie wrote:Couldn't agree more.Now in 50th year at Christie and will miss the uniqueness of the old ground.Ah!What memories.Sorry to get maudling.

Beat ya...53 for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

However like me the ground's looking old and needs a complete facelift.

The club can start from scratch.......I can only scratch my ageing parts!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion