Message from Carl Baker

Message from Carl Baker

Postby Mike Baker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi all,

Carl has asked me to thank everyone single one of you for your support during his time at Morecambe.

Carl said " I loved it at Morecambe I owe them alot. They payed alot of money for me as an unproven player at this level but as soon as I heard of Stockport's interest I can't deny I wanted to make that step up to league one and face the same challenge again and hopefully be playing against Morecambe there in the very near future. Morecambe fans have been brilliant to me and made me and my family feel at home and I wish them every success for the future". He also said he will be keeping in close contact with some of the friends he has made at his time at Morecambe players and backroom staff alike.
He would like to thank Morecambe for showing the belief in him and also not holding him back and this is the stuff dreams are made of. "Every lad in the country wants to be a footballer and wants to play the biggest teams and I am achieving that and have had some fantastic guidance and support along the way ".

From myself I would like to thank you for the support you have shown Deano in his battle against cancer and he is doing well at the moment after an operation. You are truly a credit to the football league and long may your success continue.
It has been a pleasure to share some banter with the people I have met at the games and on here.

Thank you all once again and I hope you don't mind me posting from time to time although I will still be looking each day.

Good luck and best wishes

Mike
Mike Baker

Re: Message from Carl Baker

Postby poulton shrimp » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 pm

good luck Carl
poulton shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 pm

...there might have been a departure in 'the family' but certainly no divorce.

Always welcome to post your thoughts.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Mike I am very disappointed with Carl.

He may remember that at the presentation evening when I gave him his Visitor Player of the Season award I got my youngest (three) to sing the 'there's only one Carl Baker' song into the mic.

My two youngest (the other's four) have done the 'De de de de de Matty Blinkhorn' one for me and I now have it as my mobile phone message alert.

I was in the process of doing the 'Baker' song for my proper ringtone but held fire until all this Stockport business was sorted out. Tell him my kids are outraged! They'll have to learn 'Michael Carr mi'lord, Michael Carr!' now!

Seriously, pleasure to see him in a Shrimps shirt - a delight to watch and we wish him well at his new club.

Very, very well in fact - we want that sell-on activated.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 pm

good luck Carl if he score goals like he did against county last season at christie he will have no prob on div 1
heysham_mfc

Postby John L » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Thanks, Mike, for passing on Carl's message and thanks to Carl for some great memories! Good luck in League 1 and I'm sure we'll all be looking out for him in future.
John L

Postby Mike Baker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm

shrimper wrote:Mike I am very disappointed with Carl.

He may remember that at the presentation evening when I gave him his Visitor Player of the Season award I got my youngest (three) to sing the 'there's only one Carl Baker' song into the mic.

My two youngest (the other's four) have done the 'De de de de de Matty Blinkhorn' one for me and I now have it as my mobile phone message alert.

I was in the process of doing the 'Baker' song for my proper ringtone but held fire until all this Stockport business was sorted out. Tell him my kids are outraged! They'll have to learn 'Michael Carr mi'lord, Michael Carr!' now!

Seriously, pleasure to see him in a Shrimps shirt - a delight to watch and we wish him well at his new club.

Very, very well in fact - we want that sell-on activated.

LOL I am sure he will see this himself as I know he reads the board and he will laugh.

Thanks again for your support
Mike Baker

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 pm

good luck to carl and well done!!
it was a privilege and a pleasure to commentate on those two fantastic goals for us against Stockport his skills should grace a higher level than this
as shrimper says hope we get a big add on when he makes the big time
Shrimpsscene

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 pm

All the best Carl, always a pleasure to watch you play,"dribbles better than a baby!"
Watching for your first hat trick in the big leagues.
Curly.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mighty Red » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:35 am

Many thanks, Carl (& Mike).

Best wishes to the Baker family.
Mighty Red

Postby USA Shrimp » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:08 pm

All the best to Carl, and also a big thank you to you, Mike. It has been great having the inside info from a trusted source (including Mum's dislike of certain Boney M songs !) and one who is such a gentleman.

I hope you and all your family continue to prosper and thrive.

Keep in touch.
USA Shrimp

Postby james456 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Good luck Carl, its been a pleasure watching you.
james456

Postby Mental-Jeebys » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I was lucky enough to have met him last season after a home game, he came across as a really nice fella, very down to earth.

Good Luck for the future Carl, to you and your family. Im sure everyone up here will be watching your progress. Thanks for the memories, you were a pleasure to watch.
Mental-Jeebys

Postby Mark S » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Mike Baker wrote:Carl said " hopefully be playing against Morecambe there in the very near future.

Carl obviously doesnt fancy Stockports chances of any further promotion then? :lol:

Good luck Carl. You leave with many best wishes for the future, just leave it a while before you kiss thier badge! :lol: Not bad for a 'two bit Conference North player' :lol:

Take care and all the best for the impending arrival.

Got some great photos of you and my lad on the Presentation Evening and still chuffed that you took time out that night to talk to him.

Good luck!
Mark S

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Mark S wrote:Not bad for a 'two bit Conference North player' :lol:

Some quotes are never going to die!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks for passing on Carl's thoughts Mike. Best of luck to Carl in his future career. It was a real pleasure to watch him in a Morecambe shirt. He and you and the rest of the family will always be welcome back. I hope he stays the kind, polite, genial chap that he was last year even when he ends up playing at a higher level than league one(which he will)

best of luck.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Butty girl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Good luck Carl I hope you manage to find another butty shop as good as ours or I'll try to get the boss to set one up for you ;)
Butty girl

Postby Why no t » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 pm

When I told my lad, who is 7, that Carl (one of his favourite players) was leaving he didn't bat an eye. When I asked him why he wasn't too bothered. He said "At the presentation evening I asked him if he was going to leave. He said he wasn't and if he did he would give him £400." So my lad now thinks he is going to be rich. :lol:
Now Carl a cheque will suffice :lol:

Does anybody else think this is legally binding? :roll: :lol:

Have word with him will you Mike?

PMSL

All the best Carl. A pleasure to watch.
Last edited by Why no t on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 pm

As with all the other posters i'd like to wish all the Baker family good luck. Carl with his new club, mike having to watch league one rubbish and most of all Deano, who's current battle puts football in perspective.
You'll all always be welcome at "The Family Club"
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Mark S » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Why no t wrote:When I told my lad, who is 7, that Carl (one of his favourite players) was leaving he didn't bat an eye. When I asked him why he wasn't too bothered. He said "At the presentation evening I asked him if he was going to leave. He said he wasn't and if he did he would give him £400." So my lad now thinks he is going to be rich. :lol:

Tony

I have a photo of that conversation if it helps? :D

10% :)
Mark S

Postby Why no t » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Mark S wrote:
Why no t wrote:When I told my lad, who is 7, that Carl (one of his favourite players) was leaving he didn't bat an eye. When I asked him why he wasn't too bothered. He said "At the presentation evening I asked him if he was going to leave. He said he wasn't and if he did he would give him £400." So my lad now thinks he is going to be rich. :lol:

Tony

I have a photo of that conversation if it helps? :D

10% :)

Cheers. Sorted. :lol:
Why no t

Postby Mike Baker » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Damn I can't wait to see Carl I am so gonna wind him up about that ...we could always try cutting me into that £400 and I will sit on Carl ...I am 3 times the size of him :shock:

But don't build your hopes up he is so tight he needs a crowbar to fart :lol:

Pm me your address I will get Carl to sign something and ill post it to you (it maybe a Stockport vs Liverpool program hope that is ok) for your lad. ( except a cheque ..LMAO please don't expect one of them to be signed )

Cheers

Mike
Mike Baker

Postby Why no t » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks Mike. I'll get a crowbar from work. :lol:
If you need any help pm me?

And we'll bring the heavies round.

10% alright? :lol:
Why no t

Postby Brian C » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:58 am

10% for Mark
10% for Mike
10% for Dad (you)
10% for Drinking Buddies (3 that I know of) - (that's 30%)
10% for Bar Staff (for putting up with them)
10% for me as I was there!
10% for the missus - she'll be unhappy if left out!

That leaves 10% for your lad !!!
(but he'll have to share it with his sister)
Brian C

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Good luck Carl, thanx for the memories - hope ya not leaving cos Sammy overheard you saying "the gaffer p***** on every corner flag during training" :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion