Shrimpsvoices activity

Re: Shrimpsvoices activity

Postby cragbankshrimp » Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:12 am

i think the lack of posts on here or any social media regarding the club is down to the apathy of all the supporters. I for one can't get excited about this season. I have my season ticket and will be there every home game as usual, but don't have the same enthusiasm.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:07 am

Yep, I spoke to a regular home and away supporter over the years, who isn't going to another game till the ownership is sorted
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Brian Sheldon » Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:05 pm

Keith wrote:Thanks Marky.

It appears to be a certificate that expired four years ago! Not entirely sure what to do about it, but I'll have a look over the weekend.

Renew the SSL from your ttpics control panel. The certificate is/was issued to shrimpsvoices.ttpics.co.uk, that's what needs renewing.
Brian Sheldon

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:08 am

Brian:

Going to Arvixe hosting, they no longer issue a certificate with the hosting, I'd have to buy one. Given how much their hosting has increased in price over the last few years, that appears a bit of a rip off!

I checked my blog http://www.rollingwith.me and found its certificate has also expired (probably at the same time). Do I need certificates for each domain name, or just where they are hosted? Can I use 'free' certificates?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 08.59.38.png
Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 08.59.38.png (106.19 KiB) Viewed 371 times
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Brian Sheldon » Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:23 pm

Keith wrote:Brian:

Going to Arvixe hosting, they no longer issue a certificate with the hosting, I'd have to buy one. Given how much their hosting has increased in price over the last few years, that appears a bit of a rip off!

I checked my blog http://www.rollingwith.me and found its certificate has also expired (probably at the same time). Do I need certificates for each domain name, or just where they are hosted? Can I use 'free' certificates?

Certificates are issued per domain but your original certificate for SV was for ttpics.co.uk/shrimpsvoices, and it worked. Not sure why, probably how Arvixe implemented their hosting. SSL are per domain which, with free SSL from Let's Encrypt, wasn't a problem.

Time to move? I haven't needed hosting for a while but I use https://www.ecohosting.co.uk/hosting.html for my domains and their support has been great. Also an opportunity to review the platform for SV, this version of phpbb, according to the site's own doc is 3.0RC1, 3.1 came out in 2009.
Brian Sheldon

Postby al1 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:13 pm

Time for an upgrade perhaps,I am sure users would contribute to any costs incurred.Although would it mean losing all the historic posts of Christies Child?
al1

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:58 am

Unfortunately, I paid for two years hosting, back in March!

I do need to look at the SSL issue, and probably an upgrade for the forum, which hopefully keeps all the old posts, especially as the 'former player' thread is getting close to 1.5 million views!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Potted Shrimp » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:57 am

I must admit I haven’t logged in as much as I used too over the last year to 2 years, although I think it is because I have moved away from the area and can’t attend games as much.I do t participate in the predict the score game either.

Will try to log in and post more often tho!!
Potted Shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:53 pm

Potted Shrimp wrote:I must admit I haven’t logged in as much as I used too over the last year to 2 years, although I think it is because I have moved away from the area and can’t attend games as much.I do t participate in the predict the score game either.

Will try to log in and post more often
tho!!

Quite right! The original version of 'ShrimpsVoices' was for 'the Exiles', Morecambe fans who had moved away from the area, but needed to keep in touch.

It was all a long time ago! :shock: :cry: :D :D :D

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion