Is it time to help?

Is it time to help?

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:16 am

As fans we feel fairly helpless in our present crisis both on and off the field. On the field it's fine saying we are playing well etc. but other teams have been relegated despite playing well. We feel helpless to help in the ownership fiasco so I wonder if we can help the manager on the field? I wonder if the Trust could organise a fund raiser to help the manager sign a player in the January window? It could be argued that we wouldn't raise enough for a permanent signing but I am sure we could raise the money to make a loan signing. A player with a bit of quality perhaps upfront would be a great asset and give the team a boost. What do other fans anxious to see a turnaround in our fortunes think?
fulwoodshrimp

Re: Is it time to help?

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:58 am

Did we not do some fund raising in Spring? I thought a fan had set up some kind of "just giving" page which was then taken over by the Trust. What happened with that money?

To do something like that, I think fans need a specific aim and goal, i.e. the manager telling us how much he needs, by what deadline date, etc., and then it gives fans something to aim for.

I don't think "woolly" open ended fund raising is as successful.

Look back a couple of seasons ago when the club offered ST discounts when a certain number of season tickets had been sold. It gave people something to aim for and I think was actually pretty successful.
KenH

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:03 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I wonder if the Trust could organise a fund raiser to help the manager sign a player in the January window? It could be argued that we wouldn't raise enough for a permanent signing but I am sure we could raise the money to make a loan signing.

I would say it is a nice idea, but not a route I would want us to go down. We'd probably need to raise about £30k (20 weeks at £1.5k per week). Even if it was half that much, with the club having the other half, it is still a huge amount of money. In reality, it would probably be a lot more. Even young lads at Premiership level are on silly money. I'd rather the Trust gets whatever cash it can, put to one side in case we go under, and need to raise as a phoenix club. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I hate to pour clod water on an idea, without offering something positive, but unfortunately, I've nothing. At the moment, we're powerless and out of control. The only thing we can do is continue to get behind the management & players, and trust that it will turn around in time. And hope that Whittingham accepts a realistic offer for the club, before it is too late. If we're cut adrift at the bottom of the League, with Whittingham still owning the club, by the end of the January transfer window, then perhaps the time will come for a complete boycott of the club, accepting we will need to go under, to survive, but hopefully it won't come to that.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:14 am

Keith wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:I wonder if the Trust could organise a fund raiser to help the manager sign a player in the January window? It could be argued that we wouldn't raise enough for a permanent signing but I am sure we could raise the money to make a loan signing.

I would say it is a nice idea, but not a route I would want us to go down. We'd probably need to raise about £30k (20 weeks at £1.5k per week). Even if it was half that much, with the club having the other half, it is still a huge amount of money. In reality, it would probably be a lot more. Even young lads at Premiership level are on silly money. I'd rather the Trust gets whatever cash it can, put to one side in case we go under, and need to raise as a phoenix club. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I hate to pour clod water on an idea, without offering something positive, but unfortunately, I've nothing. At the moment, we're powerless and out of control. The only thing we can do is continue to get behind the management & players, and trust that it will turn around in time. And hope that Whittingham accepts a realistic offer for the club, before it is too late. If we're cut adrift at the bottom of the League, with Whittingham still owning the club, by the end of the January transfer window, then perhaps the time will come for a complete boycott of the club, accepting we will need to go under, to survive, but hopefully it won't come to that.

.....I've asked this before in a previous post.....'what good will a complete boycott of the club do'....it most certainly have no affect on the owner. The only ones to suffer will be the BoDs, those employed by the club, the manager and the players who will most likely not receive their wages as whatever money the club gets from attendances will be severely reduced..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:17 pm

Keith wrote:

And that's exactly what that money raised by The Trust was for until it was sure it wouldn't be required for that purpose. If money is raised by fans to pay for a permanent signing Twitingham would be delighted as we'd be doing his job for him.
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:46 pm

First of all I would not be part of a boycott, to try and force administration, to get rid of Jason ‘Whit-less’.

Yes he is using us and probably making a tidy sum out of us. He may also be putting up stooges too buy the Club, even knowing they would not pass any EFL rules or any other alleged thing he does or does not do.

I think he may even want the Club to fold, after what happened at Worcester Warriors, if he has business problems financially it may work out best for him, as it’s been mentioned by others and while he’s still here he pockets money, allegedly!!

I have thought for a bit now to get rid of JW somebody is going to pay silly money, who’s that going to be??

So what can we do as fans, support the team the best we can carry on turning up and help the Club/team turn things around.

As for money I just don’t think we could raise enough for a players wages, (with what players want nowadays) and with the prospect that if we are still in a bad place come January, we will probably need 3-4 players not just 1.

The only way to get rid of Whittingham is for somebody to pay over the odds or go into administration naturally so to speak, what ever league we are in.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:44 pm

redrobo wrote:
Keith wrote:If we're cut adrift at the bottom of the League, with Whittingham still owning the club, by the end of the January transfer window, then perhaps the time will come for a complete boycott of the club, accepting we will need to go under, to survive, but hopefully it won't come to that.

.....I've asked this before in a previous post.....'what good will a complete boycott of the club do'....it most certainly have no affect on the owner. The only ones to suffer will be the BoDs, those employed by the club, the manager and the players who will most likely not receive their wages as whatever money the club gets from attendances will be severely reduced..... :?: :?: :?:

If you read before and after the section you highlighted, you'd have the answer.

IF we're going to get relegated anyway, AND still have Whittingham running the club into the ground, THEN it may be that Administration is best, in order to get him out. We have to be accepted into the National League (unless rules have changed?) even if in Administration, so we may be better off getting rid of him ASAP, otherwise, we're likely to get relegated, then relegated again. Obviously, people with season tickets can carry on going, but if we dry-up other revenue streams, he's more likely to sell at a realistic price.

Withholding our money is also the only power we have.

As I said, we're not at that stage yet, in fact, quite the opposite. But it MIGHT come to that eventually.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:20 pm

Sorry Keith but I still maintain that a boycott will only hurt the club we ALL love and support .

A boycott will involve the club with less finances than they already have..

So NO a boycott is totally out of the question and one that I WILL CERTAINLY NOT SUPPORT.

This is a subject that will divide all fans.....but I will continue to support my club by purchasing match day tickets or a Season Ticket that I have done for the last 67 years or so.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:51 am

redrobo wrote:Sorry Keith but I still maintain that a boycott will only hurt the club we ALL love and support .

A boycott will involve the club with less finances than they already have..

So NO a boycott is totally out of the question and one that I WILL CERTAINLY NOT SUPPORT.

This is a subject that will divide all fans.....but I will continue to support my club by purchasing match day tickets or a Season Ticket that I have done for the last 67 years or so.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

That's fine, and there is no clear and easy direction, and I've no problem with people having a different view.

But, my concern is, if we get to a stage, where relegation is inevitable, and Administration is the only way to move forwards, we'd be better off getting to that point before the end of this season, so we can be debt free, and Whittingham free, by next season. The alternative is likely to be even more chaos as a National League side, and if we went into Administration anyway, but next season, with points deduction in 2025/26, then we end up as a National League North side the season afterwards. If the funds dry up for Whittingham, he MIGHT accept a sensible offer, avoiding Administration altogether, before his asset disappears. We've still not been told how the VAT debacle has been resolved? Is that more debt somewhere else?

All of that said, I think once we get started, we will head up the League. We don't look too bad, and only a sliver of bad luck has stopped us from picking up points already (two, arguably three, opposition players should have been sent off, an incredibly soft penalty and a world-class save, with another superb one on Saturday). We could easily have been on eight points, not zero.

If we're clear of relegation, or simply fighting to get clear in January, then we need to 100% continue supporting the club financially. I think we'll be mid-table, so then the argument is moot.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:23 pm

No problem with fans who have a different view than mine.

If we go into Administration then I understand that the Administrator then takes over the sale of the club to whoever can offer a sum that is acceptable.

However the cost of Admin in other similar cases has been well into 6 if not 7 figures which i think is payable by the owner in this case Jason.

Maybe someone familiar with Administration practices can confirm the above is correct OR if not then correct me by stating what actually happens.

Thank you.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby KenH » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:39 pm

It's usually whoever is owed the money (and has the charges on assets etc) that calls in the administrators, so unlikely to be Jason. The administrators costs (likely to be a hundred thousand or two) are paid out of the proceeds of the asset sales. Then the charge holders get what is left, and if there is more than one of them, will depend on the assets over which they have charge, the order of priority etc. Ordinary unsecured creditors are unlikely to get anything, nor are shareholders. So highly unlikely Jason would get anything out of administration nor would he have to pay towards it. He'll just keep pocketing the margin on the loan interest (i.e. difference between what he's charging MFC and what he has to pay the lenders).
KenH

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:00 pm

https://www.beyondradio.co.uk/news/loca ... new-chair/

A fairly new looking Trust Committee meeting up on Sunday for a strategy day.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby black morse » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:21 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:https://www.beyondradio.co.uk/news/local-news/morecambe-fc-supporters-trust-elects-new-chair/

A fairly new looking Trust Committee meeting up on Sunday for a strategy day.

Maybe we'll learn something after that?
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:37 pm

If the stories about a Co Chairman defending Jason Whittingham after yesterdays game are true, where does that leave us as fans?
BerlinWaller

Postby dazza » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:33 am

i think its long overdue whereby we were told some truths

is there a sale going through

is it sarb

who is holding up the sale process sarb jason the fa

if a co chairman is defending the owner what was said ? and why is he defending him ?

what can the shrimpstrust strategy meeting honestly change ?

i think everyone is now fed up of the the whole thing and its no wonder numbers dwindle
****dazza****
dazza

Postby black morse » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:26 am

dazza wrote:i think its long overdue whereby we were told some truths

is there a sale going through

is it sarb

who is holding up the sale process sarb jason the fa

if a co chairman is defending the owner what was said ? and why is he defending him ?

what can the shrimpstrust strategy meeting honestly change ?

i think everyone is now fed up of the the whole thing and its no wonder numbers dwindle

I agree with every word dazza as I'm sure we all do. 7 weeks since we were told the papers were with the EFL and not another word :evil:
black morse

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am

You are right Dazza. We need the truth from everyone not just JW. For instance what was the vat nonsense that brought the embargo? Are the required papers for a sale with EFL? If they are what is the delay? If the papers have been thrown out by the league why is that?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:36 am

dazza wrote:i think everyone is now fed up of the the whole thing and its no wonder numbers dwindle

There is certainly a degree of 'fatigue' setting in. Also, second-season after relegations are generally when support begins to drop off. I suspect, we're hitting a double whammy.

Being kept informed would certainly help. As would some wins on the pitch! From bottom of the League to Play-Offs by Christmas? You heard it here first! 8-) :D :D :D (Marky will be quoting this for ever)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:42 am

Keith wrote:
dazza wrote:i think everyone is now fed up of the the whole thing and its no wonder numbers dwindle

There is certainly a degree of 'fatigue' setting in. Also, second-season after relegations are generally when support begins to drop off. I suspect, we're hitting a double whammy.

Being kept informed would certainly help. As would some wins on the pitch! From bottom of the League to Play-Offs by Christmas? You heard it here first! 8-) :D :D :D (Marky will be quoting this for ever)

And he won't be the only one Keith! :lol: But just think of the bragging rights if you are correct ;)
black morse

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:40 pm

I just thought we were giving everybody else a head start in this tinpot league!! ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Hodgie1978 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:50 pm

Why can't people connected to the club see that the silence stance is gonna be the death of us?.
I know someone that was looking for a wedding venue and I suggested Morecambe fc.... he called me crazy !
The truth is we are spiralling
Into a place that we won't recover.
Fans need to do more but what that is I don't know .
Hodgie1978

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:57 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:Why can't people connected to the club see that the silence stance is gonna be the death of us?.
I know someone that was looking for a wedding venue and I suggested Morecambe fc.... he called me crazy !

That’s a very good point, are people booking the use of the Clubs Local Choice Suite in advance, say as a wedding venue? Also has anyone been in Corporate on match days this season, has that dropped off, because the last few seasons I have been in there it has been nearly full every time. The income from the use of the facilities is vital income, so hopefully it’s not reduced too much.

Gates are down as far as I can tell, by the eye!! Is that down to our bad (unlucky), start or due to the ongoing ownership saga. Certainly I know of a few who didn’t renew their season ticket.

Just read these posts about the comments by a Co-Chairman (that’s one out of two!), I think they are gagged from saying anything in the public realm, so if they are defending him in private, has things changed because last year and earlier this year I don’t think that was the case. Their open letters on the ongoing crisis were not complementary about him or was my impression from either of them at the fans forum held at the Mazuma.

Maybe things are all good nowadays and if so please.please tell us.
Billy bodger

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:31 pm

That’s a very good point, are people booking the use of the Clubs Local Choice Suite in advance, say as a wedding venue? Also has anyone been in Corporate on match days this season, has that dropped off, because the last few seasons I have been in there it has been nearly full every time. The income from the use of the facilities is vital income, so hopefully it’s not reduced too much.

Gates are down as far as I can tell, by the eye!! Is that down to our bad (unlucky), start or due to the ongoing ownership saga. Certainly I know of a few who didn’t renew their season ticket.

Just read these posts about the comments by a Co-Chairman (that’s one out of two!), I think they are gagged from saying anything in the public realm, so if they are defending him in private, has things changed because last year and earlier this year I don’t think that was the case. Their open letters on the ongoing crisis were not complementary about him or was my impression from either of them at the fans forum held at the Mazuma.

Maybe things are all good nowadays and if so please.please tell us.[/quote]

BB I think it’s fair to say things are far from good , as they say on through the keyhole “ let’s look at the evidence ! .
Attendances appear to be down , I know there haven’t been many away supporters this season so far but you only have to look at the stands to see, even before the attendance is announced. I know 8 people who haven’t renewed this season due to the uncertainty around the club .
Corporate eating , when you go in the local choice it’s clear to see the tables are more spread out than usual . Boxes are being offered at reduced rates !
Parking is still being offered on match days at £10 whereas there is normally there are non available ( according to a fellow supporter who hasn’t been able to get one in previous years ) . I fear people are voting with their feet and as soon as they find something else to do on a match day you have lost them ! This mess needs sorting out ASAP ……or is it already too late ?
Born again Bill

Postby black morse » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:38 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
Hodgie1978 wrote:Why can't people connected to the club see that the silence stance is gonna be the death of us?.

Maybe things are all good nowadays and if so please.please tell us.

I suspect that the rumours about a co-chairman defending JW (notice I'm being polite ;) ) are correct but few seem to know what was said and if they do know they are not saying either. If it was just the old story that JW really wants to sell the club that is very likely to be true. The point is and always has been that he wants to sell to someone who wants to buy for all the wrong reasons and it looks as if the EFL
are going to turn it down again, if they haven't already. Which leaves us with Hodgie's last sentence which is spot on.
black morse

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:53 am

But why won't Morecambe FC help themselves?

I've been banging on for years that we should have entertainment, in the form of local bands or singers playing after the game, to give fans a reason to remain behind, spending money in the bars.

I've also repeatedly suggested that they advertise on here. Even though it is quieter now, it is still viewed by a lot of fans, but the club refuse to do so.

I've just had the advert below, pop up on my Facebook page, four days after the event. It appears to have been advertised on the morning of the game. The only reason it appeared at all, is because a Nigerian lad posted that he wants a trial with Morecambe! Why won't the club advertise events like this, on here? Free and a few moments. Instead, no doubt someone will say, 'well we tried to put stuff on but people didn't come, so we won't do it again'.

There was a Radio Lancashire interview with John Coleman after an Accrington defeat. We could hear the music in the background. The interviewer said it was good to see so many people had stayed behind, despite the result. That's one way to make the club more money.

Learn from Accrington, or keep advertising on Facebook, four days late :cry:
Attachments
MFC Advert.png
MFC Advert.png (756.1 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion