Colchester extended highlights

Colchester extended highlights

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:54 pm

11 minutes of action see our season underway...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... 61/page:3#

Scroll down to the 6th post....
redrobo

Re: Colchester extended highlights

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:34 pm

Good highlights even if it’s the U’s commentary

But is Dackers really a footballer??
Came for last 30 mins and by 85 mins he was running on empty miss timed his jumps for the headers and the shot the caused the goal was going towards the corner flag or throw in

Oh and what’s the rules regarding foul throws ? twice Rhys did it
glagys

Postby Martin » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:08 pm

They were good highlights and I thought the commentator was pretty fair considering he would favour Colchester. Praised our work rate and had no complaints with the penalty.
Martin

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:36 pm

Commentator seemed completely unbiased to me. Well done sir!
black morse

Postby Alan » Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:56 pm

Watching their 1st goal from the free kick, our defender on the far post is intent on holding on to one of their players. This effectively limits his movement as much as the attackers. Consequently the other
attacker (who has not been picked up by another defender) is left free to easily head home.

Also, on our 3rd goal, did Dackers foot or the ball take the very slightest deflection from the defenders foot ? Perhaps someone with slo-mo could check.

An inspiring comeback and a well deserved point, although still too many misplaced passes.
Having read some of the comments on the Colchester website, I am confident we will be above them at the end of the season.
Alan

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:50 pm

glagys wrote:Good highlights even if it’s the U’s commentary

But is Dackers really a footballer??
Came for last 30 mins and by 85 mins he was running on empty miss timed his jumps for the headers and the shot the caused the goal was going towards the corner flag or throw in

Oh and what’s the rules regarding foul throws ? twice Rhys did it

Yes he was pulled up twice in the first half, in the second half he took two throw ins down in the right hand corner in front of us to launch it into the box and twice most of his feet on the pitch of play. It Never bothered the linesman one bit!!

The rule for throw ins Law 15:- all the ball hast to go over the line of play.
Law 15.1:- The taker of a throw in has to have both his feet on the ground on touch line or behind the line, the thrower has to throw with two hands and take it at the point where the ball left the field of play.

It is of course the applying of the rules, the interpretation of the rules and the consistency of applying the rules. (not much hope then!!).

I think the last bit ‘has to be taken at the point the ball left the field of play’ was written by someone who must just laugh his way through a game of football.
Billy bodger

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:05 pm

Fair play I did notice he had his toes over the line on the second but also their player did the same ?? Consistency that’s all we ask
glagys

Postby vvm » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:51 am

Alan wrote:
Also, on our 3rd goal, did Dackers foot or the ball take the very slightest deflection from the defenders foot ? Perhaps someone with slo-mo could check.

Watching it back there could be a chance the defender kicks the back of Dackers leg which sends it off course but I think he might be actually trying to play it across to Slew rather than shoot.
vvm

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:11 am

glagys wrote:Oh and what’s the rules regarding foul throws ? twice Rhys did it

I think it used to be, that both feet had to be "behind the line", but it changed, so that "on the line" is okay. Some players place their heel on the line, but Rhys was apparently going completely over. On the Colchester forum, someone posted something like 'well done the Colchester fans, who pointed out to the linesman, their throw-in taker was stepping over the line' so it sounds like he repeatedly did it, then the linesman looked for the offence specifically.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion