Morecambe 3 [Tollitt, Jones, OG] Colchester 3 LIVE thread

Re: Morecambe 3 [Tollitt, Jones, OG] Colchester 3 LIVE threa

Postby shrimp riddle » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:42 pm

A really well earned point. Ref was a disgrace and cost us 2 points. I think we have a half decent team and would be mid table if we had bit more luck and consistent officials.
shrimp riddle

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:48 pm

Danny Granger: "Some of the decisions today were bamboozling, I'm not going to say any more or I'll get in trouble".

Danny said Hendrie's first yellow was for a foul??? I reckon that's even worse than if it had been for dissent, as it was something and nothing.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:07 pm

Rode our luck today. Brilliant comeback
Wild Bill

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:36 pm

A fighting performance from the 10 men against the 11 plus referee of Colchester! Another abysmal refereeing performance from Mr. Elkington. Frankly he shouldn't be anywhere near the EFL never mind the Championship. I'm not even convinced our penalty was one! The team fight well but need a bit more quality in midfield and upfront if we are to avoid the dreaded R word.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:28 pm

I thought we got the rub of the green with the penalty (looked very soft to me) and their lad missing an open goal but overall we deserved a draw and it went some way to making up for the numerous games we’ve been unlucky in.

Still searching for a win but it’s a point on the board so that stops the rot in terms of results.

I actually feel quite positive about this team. We’ve had atrocious luck and are in a false position in the league… so much the better - I can see us really clicking sooner or later and going on a winning run, taking everyone by surprise.
CityShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:35 pm

When we scored they were on the ropes and we were in a great position till the sending off.
Looked like it was all going down the pan wh3n it seemed the ref was a bit guilty about his earlier decisions.
Feel sorry for those that left with half an hour to go as they missed all the excitement.
Seemed like a win at the end.
Hopefully a turning point
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:01 am

marky No.1 wrote:Feel sorry for those that left with half an hour to go as they missed all the excitement.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEVER! They totally deserved it! I'd remind them every time I saw them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:19 am

I really enjoyed the fight in the team yesterday. It was good seeing Derek showing the passion we know he has and fighting for the players. Ok, he got sent to the stands but he showed the fight that we all need to show. The players never gave up, earnt a bit of luck and got a point out of nothing.

The Ref was shocking and pretty much lost the plot but he gave us a penalty that was never ever a penalty.
BerlinWaller

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:27 am

A real battling performance full of heart and desire. A game we'd of won had we had a better ref I believe.

For what it's worth. I think it was a pen. But who cares considering the ridiculous one given against us last week.
lancaster shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:02 am

For me the performance coming back like did is summed up in one word ' character' something that only a 100% team spirit can produce.

Just a pity that DA can't keep his cool despite the terrible over reaction of the fourth official.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:20 am

redrobo wrote:For me the performance coming back like did is summed up in one word ' character' something that only a 100% team spirit can produce.

Just a pity that DA can't keep his cool despite the terrible over reaction of the fourth official.

It's great to see Dereks passion, but he does get rather vocal when explaining the rules to the officials.
The 4th was clearly on his case, unlike Cowley & Co who just got a casual wave every time they left their box. Shouty man certainly made it clear he wasn't being fair, even the grumpy steward was laughing :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:59 am

redrobo wrote:For me the performance coming back like did is summed up in one word ' character' something that only a 100% team spirit can produce.

Just like you do RR. :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:01 pm

We are going to need this siege mentality and I hope everybody gets onboard with it. Football without passion is nothing and to see the King fighting our corner was brilliant to see
BerlinWaller

Postby sandgrown » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:08 pm

dannymorc1 wrote:What a game. We had the usual crap officials. The fourth official continually told Morecambe staff off for going out of the technical area, but ignored the Colchester staff the whole match. Could go on forever about the other strange decisions. I do think that Moore deserves a mention for several fantastic saves that kept us in the game. He has taken a lot of flak for his previous mistakes, but credit goes to him today.
What a great result. Onwards and upwards.
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.

Moore deserved MOTM for me with several vital saves that kept us in it !
sandgrown

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:46 pm

I posted this on another one of the threads/topics on here, this is probably a better thread/topic for it to be posted on.

“I tell you what, there are many little things not quite right, they can be ironed out, I have that belief. You can see the structure of the team and we will be hard to beat all season, I cannot see us being hammered, the sending off changed the game. I hope everyone agrees that, that comeback, will have done the squad an enormous amount of good.

The players celebrated right in front of my mates and myself in the new place we stand on the Halo and you could see it was a weight off their shoulders. You could tell they have an enormous amount of togetherness and that if you dig deep you don’t have to rely on coming up with hard luck stories week in and week out they will not get you a point! You can make things happen yourselves and earn yourself a point and that was a big point.

There is no doubt we got a bit of luck, (at last!!) and who won’t need a bit of that throughout the season, we got a bit of our share today.

It’s up to the players, DA and his team, we have to be patient and we have 40 games left. Let the team carry on developing and let’s keep supporting OUR TEAM, come on you Shrimps.”

Berlin Waller probably has it right, all our three home games have been very similar, (and what I’ve seen of the away games), all very close and it is at the moment a bit of a siege like mentality and we have to accept that somewhat, especially at the moment. DA has alluded to it, that it won’t take much to turn things around and hopefully we do, but in the mean time we have to play our part as supporters and get behind the team.

Just seen our third goal, Dackers shot was going wide, we finally got a bit of that luck (others have been getting) and it got a wicked deflection and then their forward unexplainably missed aa an easier chance he will probably have in the rest of his career. As I’ve said above that comeback will do the lads a power of good.

Over the last few seasons our squad had a good nucleus, but our bench in the main, meant substitutions would weaken the team. This squad is full of decent players throughout the squad and that will hold us in good stead for the next 40 games. The substitutions if anything are giving us impetus at end of games.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:50 pm

black morse wrote:

Just like you do RR. :lol: :lol:

It's passion for my club that has in the past seen me somewhat vocal......however at 74 I'm calming down a wee bit....although the Cowley's deserve all the flack that they get.....moaning sods.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/09/15/ash ... s-dropped/

Unbelievable assessment of the first 45 minutes..... :o
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:19 pm

So it's OK for you to get passionate about the actions on the pitch but Derek has to stand there with his hands in his pockets and just watch the clouds float by...

There's nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve. It proves to me that Derek cares deeply for the club ...
twosheds

Previous

Return to General Discussion