Ref Watch: Colchester

Re: Ref Watch: Forest Green Rovers

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:27 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Ross Joyce is definitely the worst ref we have seen in the last couple of seasons.

Not even close to Parsons, as the worst referee I've ever seen.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm

I thought ref today wasn’t as bad as his last 2 games reffing the shrimps!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby John L » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:45 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I thought ref today wasn’t as bad as his last 2 games reffing the shrimps!

Thankfully I agree! :lol:
John L

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:17 pm

Oh that's a bit harsh Keith, claiming Mr. Parsons is the worst referee you have ever seen. After all, he is employed by Wrexham isn't he????
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 am

We’ve been allocated ref Craig Hicks for the Swindon match on Saturday.
We’ve not seen him this season but he was in charge in February 2023 when we lost 5-0 at Derby and the first match the previous season when we drew 2-2 at Ipswich. He’s issued 95 yellows and 4 reds in 25 matches this season (3.80 and 0.16).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Oh that's a bit harsh Keith, claiming Mr. Parsons is the worst referee you have ever seen. After all, he is employed by Wrexham isn't he????

He'd certainly win Wrexham fan's 'best ref of the season' award!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Swindon

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:01 pm

Season 24/25 starts:

We’ve been allocated ref James Dunkin for the Walsall match and Simon Mather for Huddersfield.

It’s JD’s first time in charge for us as he’s only just promoted from the NL although he did officiate in three League 2 matches last season. He issued 92 yellows and 9 reds in 22 matches (4.18 and 0.41).

SM was in charge last season when we beat Barrow 3-1 in the Trophy and when we drew 2-2 at home with Harrogate. He issued 184 yellows and 10 reds in 36 matches (5.11 and 0.28).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Walsall & Huddersfield

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:45 am

We’ve been allocated ref Daniel Middleton for the Gillingham match on Saturday.

He was in charge when we lost at home to Colchester 0-1 in January. Last season he issued 94 yellows and 5 reds in 30 matches (3.13 and 0.17). Last Saturday in the AFC Wimbledon v Colchester match he gave out 6 yellows.

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Gillingham

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Thought he had a good game, as did the ref against Walsall, beyond one foul that I thought should have been a yellow card offence. Not a bad start to League Two, long may it continue!

Some interesting information about changes in interpretation of the Laws this season.

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/august/07 ... -2024-25-/

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:12 pm

Keith wrote:Some interesting information about changes in interpretation of the Laws this season.

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/august/07 ... -2024-25-/

Hope everyone read that, so they understand the law changes and don't moan at the refs & assistant refs!

We’ve been allocated ref Scott Tallis for the Doncaster match on Saturday.

He was in charge when we drew at home 2-2 with Swindon last September and sent Songo’o off in the 55 minute. Last season he issued 130 yellows and 3 reds in 31 matches (4.19 and 0.10) and so far this season 7 yellows and no reds in 3 matches (2.33).

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:56 pm

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated ref Scott Tallis for the Doncaster match on Saturday.

Well, after two decent refs, we're back down to earth with Tallis, who didn't give a clear red card, and wasn't great throughout. Nowhere near as bad as the Wrexham ref last season, but still poor. Also somehow added three minutes at the end of the second half, despite eight substitutions, so that's four minutes just on subs!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Doncaster

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:22 pm

We’ve been allocated ref Declan Bourne for the Newport match and Jacob Miles for Wigan next Tuesday.

DB was in charge and sent Mellon off when we lost 2-1 at Gillingham last September. He issued 93 yellows and 4 reds in 22 matches (4.23 and 0.18).

We’ve never had JM in charge before and last season was his first up from the NL. He issued 84 yellows and 1 red in 21 matches (4.00 and 0.05).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Newport & Wigan

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:57 pm

After a couple of good refereeing performances at the start of the season, things have slipped back to normal. Wigan's ref almost got them a draw, but fortunately we got a bit of luck.

Let's hope that the ref on Saturday is more like the start of the season again.

We’ve been allocated Scott Simpson for the Crewe match on Saturday. He was in charge when we lost 3-0 at Mansfield last August and when we lost 5-3 at Newport in March. Last season he issued 127 yellows and 10 reds in 26 matches (4.88 and 0.38).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Crewe

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:20 am

I actually thought Scott Simpson had a pretty good game, except for one glaring error. Unfortunately, that glaring error cost us the game. Even Sky Sports' retired Premier League ref, Chris Foy agreed that it was wrong to give the penalty.

Incident: Possible penalty, holding - Crewe Alexandra

Decision: Penalty awarded, holding - Crewe Alexandra

Foy says: "After awarding this penalty to Crewe Alexandra, the referee clearly communicates to the players that it was given for a holding offence by Morecambe no. 24 on the Crewe no. 5.

"With the benefit of viewing the replay, we can see there is contact between the players, however the action of holding is neither sustained nor impactful. It therefore falls below the threshold for penalising, as it was not clearly impactful, particularly as Crew no. 5 is still able to get to the ball and has a clear shot at goal.

"The correct decision in this case would have been to allow play to continue with a Morecambe throw-in from the far corner
."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -decisions

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:21 am

We’ve been allocated Championship ref Geoff Eltringham for the Colchester match on Saturday.

We haven’t had him in charge since September 2018 when we beat Macclesfield 2-1 and he sent Macc’s Michael Rose off and booked AJ Leitch-S and Andy Fleming.

Last season he issued 102 yellows and 4 reds in 26 matches (3.92 and0.15).

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Colchester

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:00 pm

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated Championship ref Geoff Eltringham for the Colchester match on Saturday.

We haven’t had him in charge since September 2018 when we beat Macclesfield 2-1 and he sent Macc’s Michael Rose off and booked AJ Leitch-S and Andy Fleming.

Last season he issued 102 yellows and 4 reds in 26 matches (3.92 and0.15).

Won't be long before he hits 180....

Edit ooops I was on page 1 Peter Wright :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:15 pm

Keith wrote:We’ve been allocated Championship ref Geoff Eltringham...

...We haven’t had him in charge since September 2018

Let's hope it's another six years before we have him again!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Ref Watch: Colchester

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:16 pm

We’ve been allocated ref Matt Corlett for the Fleetwood match on Monday.

He was in charge last March when we beat Crawley 1-0. He issued 120 yellows and 7 reds last season in 27 matches (4.44 and 0.26) and so far this season 12 yellows and 1 red in 3 matches (4.00 and 0.33).

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion