Crewe 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Re: Crewe 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE thread

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:39 pm

Rochdale, 2006/07 season, started with four 1-0 defeats. They finished 9th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Rochdale_A.F.C._season

Songo'o>Tollitt
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:45 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Have to have a shot on target to even have a chance of scoring I'm afraid

We have, and we are playing okay yet again.

Not on shift today, or do your shifts only fall when we are winning?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:50 pm

Not a penalty [to us], their lad's arms were down by his side, so not "in an unnatural position".
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:57 pm

Gone are the days when I looked forward to watching the lads on match day on TV.....I simply can't be arsed anymore when I've got better things to do when my club is playing ( :?: ) away from the Maz.

Hate to say this but we've got relegation written all over us..... :( :( :(
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:59 pm

Don't have to justify myself to you or anyone

0 goals
0 points
Bottom of league

We are already in big trouble
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:00 pm

A new record. First time a Football League side has ever started a season with five 1-0 defeats.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby dannymorc1 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:06 pm

We huffed and puffed but couldn’t break them down. The story of the season so far.
How we will ever score I don’t know.
It’s cruel on the players, they all put a good effort in, but when you get soft decisions against you it must be disappointing. Without the penalty were Crewe any better than us?
Another loss to a soft refereeing decision.
It will come for us soon hopefully.
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:11 pm

Next 5 matches

Colchester
Fleetwood
Notts County
Bradford
Accrington
Redalert1970

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:12 pm

My worry now is that the team are going to play with even more nervousness and caution because of this mounting poor form, when in fact we probably need to do the opposite and play with more freedom (let’s start with scoring a goal and then take things from there!)
CityShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:18 pm

Save of the season by Newport keeper. Another fantastic save by Crewe keeper today. Lost to a dodgy penalty. Last half-hour, we played really well, and were unlucky.

I'd start against Colchester, with the team that finished the game today. Bring Edwards on later in the game, so he's fresh & quick against a defence that's been run at. First half today didn't work, second half was much better.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Angler1 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:27 pm

Got to say it's not looking too good. I sadly believe the season will end with relegation.
Angler1

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:32 pm

Ohmmmm yet another fantastic save by opposition goalkeeper stopping a net busting shot.

Five 1-0 defeats, getting do something time, DA threw the dice at half time and we did not get that elusive first goal.

Penalty??? Yet you could see them pulling back all the time and we got nothing.

I wonder if A Lewis should get a start? He played well when he came on.

We looked better with the wingbacks and two up front, may be not Dackers till he gets match fit. Angol puts himself about, how about a player along side him? feeding off him? Charlie Brown!!! Just not going to happen is it. Somebody suggested Edwards and why not.
Billy bodger

Postby dannymorc1 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:49 pm

We are obviously in a bad position. The stat’s don’t lie, at least on paper. True we can’t score to save our lives, but look at the goals against. Two goals given away by goalkeepers errors. One goal today, a penalty that looked very soft. Would Crewe have scored without it? The other two other games, just one goal each again. We’ve not been hammered by any of the five teams, and only a couple of top class saves have kept us from scoring.
I believe that we will improve, the signs are there that the players are getting to know each other.
Keep the faith and get behind the team, we can be the ‘twelfth man’ for the team. Other teams seem to have a ‘twelfth man’, the referee!
COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:58 pm

Drop Jones ,Songo, Tottonda and fetch Brown up front and we might stand a chance
halfwayprawn

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:58 pm

Keith wrote:I'd start against Colchester, with the team that finished the game today. Bring Edwards on later in the game, so he's fresh & quick against a defence that's been run at. First half today didn't work, second half was much better.

I meant, start the style that we began the second half, not ended it, which was a (understandably) a bit gung-ho for the last few minutes after they parked the bus.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:02 pm

I don't think we're too far short at the moment. Two top class saves, a soft penalty, and just a little good luck for a change. We could easily be on six or seven points rather than zero. I think when we get that goal, we could go on a positive run. We don't look like a relegation side.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Alan » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:09 pm

I'm with Keith & Danny, and at this moment I am positive for the rest of the season.
Alan

Postby BHmfc » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:25 pm

Just got back. My input for what it's worth (for all the Mr Negatives) is that we played well, the ref gave a dodgy penalty, their goalkeeper made a brilliant save and then we had a goal bound shot headed off the line. We deserved at least a point. Also all the players gave 100% and the fans sang from start to finish and most of us stayed behind to applaud the players off the pitch. We are not to far away and the wins will come.
BHmfc

Postby John L » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:30 pm

redrobo wrote:Gone are the days when I looked forward to watching the lads on match day on TV.....I simply can't be arsed anymore when I've got better things to do when my club is playing ( :?: ) away from the Maz.

Hate to say this but we've got relegation written all over us..... :( :( :(

I completely disagree, which will probably be music to your ears... ;) That's the best I've seen us play so far this season. We'll be fine!
John L

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:47 pm

BHmfc wrote:Just got back. My input for what it's worth (for all the Mr Negatives) is that we played well, the ref gave a dodgy penalty, their goalkeeper made a brilliant save and then we had a goal bound shot headed off the line. We deserved at least a point. Also all the players gave 100% and the fans sang from start to finish and most of us stayed behind to applaud the players off the pitch. We are not to far away and the wins will come.

Could hear the Morecambe fans on the commentary (especially when the commentary went off!!!) Good to hear that people who were actually at the game felt the same as I did watching on a monitor.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:23 am

Having seen the replay of the "penalty" if that's the other way round, there is no way that gets given. However it still doesn't change the face we still haven't scored a league goal this season. Next Saturday really is must win and it does feel like win or bust.

Jason out.
lancaster shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:05 pm

Another 1-0 defeat and again not particularly a great goal we let in. Little mistakes and a lot of luck for the opposition along with refs (and linesman) giving us absolutely nothing.

The punt forward from the free kick was abysmal, our defender should have made sure he ushered it out by keeping the Crew player out of the way. It actually hit their player, Songo’o lazy, he switched off their other player gets a yard and Songo’o tugs the Crew player! in front of the Ref!! Penalty? Such an easy option for the ref to give it.

I do think however it did not put their player off though, his shot was terrible, rushed and wildly wide and could have been let go. Look what Angol had to put up with and he got very little. (Just Thinking of all the times Stockton was wrestled down and shirt pulled, Aggghhhhh).

We do need to start scoring, we really really do. We are well organised, tough to beat, but at the moment we are not much more than that and only goals will change that.

The league will start to take shape by the end of September and we need points on the board, the more the merrier, we are not really adrift but soon could be. We have to make our own sunshine if nobody is bringing it. 3 games in Sept to go, if we are going to turn it around 7 points would be great and a foundation for the rest of the season.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:06 pm

Keith wrote:Ref had been having a good game, then suddenly gave Crewe a penalty for something that only he saw. Two penalties against us, in two games, and they were both incredibly soft.

These things even themselves out... Really?

Incident: Possible penalty, holding - Crewe Alexandra

Decision: Penalty awarded, holding - Crewe Alexandra

Foy says: "After awarding this penalty to Crewe Alexandra, the referee clearly communicates to the players that it was given for a holding offence by Morecambe no. 24 on the Crewe no. 5.

"With the benefit of viewing the replay, we can see there is contact between the players, however the action of holding is neither sustained nor impactful. It therefore falls below the threshold for penalising, as it was not clearly impactful, particularly as Crew no. 5 is still able to get to the ball and has a clear shot at goal.

"The correct decision in this case would have been to allow play to continue with a Morecambe throw-in from the far corner
."

Even Sky Sports expert says it wasn't a penalty. :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -decisions

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion