Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:03 pm

I was told today by a youth coach (affiliated but not employed by the club) that Charlie has been away from the first team die to personal matters. Not sure how true that is but would explain the absence and the lack of communication from the club - possibly out of respect.

I wonder if someone could just ask Derek on a reason for his absence? We interview him enough on just generic content.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Re: Charlie Brown

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:08 pm

Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:Not sure how true that is but would explain the absence and the lack of communication from the club - possibly out of respect.

I wonder if someone could just ask Derek on a reason for his absence? We interview him enough on just generic content.

I guess you may be answering your own question? If it is true, then the reporters are probably aware, and therefore won't ask the question, out of respect to Brown's privacy?

That said, it may be useful to make a very simple statement, if it is the reason?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:11 pm

Keith wrote:
Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:Not sure how true that is but would explain the absence and the lack of communication from the club - possibly out of respect.

I guess you may be answering your own question? If it is true, then the reporters are probably aware, and therefore won't ask the question, out of respect to Brown's privacy?

That said, it may be useful to make a very simple statement, if it is the reason?

Yeah, you are right. I suspect that is what is happening. Radio silence suggests so in this circumstance.

Any of the die hards on here who watch training taken note of him not being there?
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby vvm » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:53 am

I'm sure he was photographed in training gear before Huddersfield away, despite then not appearing on the bench. No clue if he traveled or not?

Think I also saw him out at the front of the stadium on Saturday with a couple of the other lads not in the squad talking to fans and taking pics etc.

Did somebody mention he might have a back injury?
vvm

Postby Vinny » Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:37 pm

vvm wrote:Did somebody mention he might have a back injury?

Derek mentions Charlie has had a back injury, at the end of his pre-Doncaster interview. Let's hope he's fit again soon.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:43 am

Vinny wrote:
vvm wrote:Did somebody mention he might have a back injury?

Derek mentions Charlie has had a back injury, at the end of his pre-Doncaster interview. Let's hope he's fit again soon.

It was strange that this was the first time it has been mentioned, but good to be told. Hopefully he'll be fit soon.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion