Stewart Drummond

Stewart Drummond

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:55 am

According to a post on Facebook, Stewart has left the club.

The statement is very worrying. Nothing on morecambefc.com but it looks authentic.
Attachments
Stewart Drummond.png
Stewart Drummond.png (446.48 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Stewart Drummond

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:10 am

If we were scratching about for a 1st team budget in the summer, I can only imagine that the Academy is run on peanuts as well. It is a shame that the transfer fees for the Academy lads haven't been used for projects other than paying off high interest loans.

Drummy is a Morecambe Legend, one of the finest produced by the club.
BerlinWaller

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:17 am

Absolute legend.
If true it is a big loss to the club but you can only wish him the best of luck in whatever he does next.

Worrying statement which highlights how Jason has strangled the club from top to bottom.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:52 am

What is really behind this? Ownership or management direction?

I had been thinking the other day, what has happened to Saul Fox-Akande? He made his first team debut last season, but now he isn't even a first team squad member? Likewise, Adam Fairclough, scored on his debut, now not around? Was Stewart frustrated that Derek doesn't want to look at the home-grown players?

If ownership looks like it will be resolved soon, then you'd have thought Stewart would have waited to see what was happening, so going now looks like nothing is in the pipeline?

Regardless, thanks Stewart and good luck for the future.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:15 am

Keith wrote:so going now looks like nothing is in the pipeline?

Our pipeline is corroded after all these years and stretches all the way to Shanghai
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby glagys » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:18 am

This really is a bad sign
He shrimps through and through
If he’s leaving he knows that whoever is coming in doesn’t believe in academies or won’t fund it or been told that it’s been wound down I thought DA was a fan of academy’s perhaps not or it’s a decision made higher up the ladder
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:28 am

I remember watching the Drummy interview after Ged got the job and I think he mentions that working with Ged was "night and day" compared to previous Managers.

Fox-Akande is on the first team photogtaph.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:03 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Fox-Akande is on the first team photogtaph.

But he's not in the First Team squad page?

https://www.morecambefc.com/teams

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:38 am

Only my own thoughts but I wonder if Stewart wanted a crack at being the first team manager but was overlooked as not having the necessary managerial experience... :?: :?: :?:

Could it also be that hte simply does not believe that the current manager has any intention of developing some talented younger players in the first team squad.

Adam Fairclough being a prime example.

Stewart suggested that working with GB was like day and night and could this be an indication that he doesn't feel DA is interested in development of Academy players. Especially when a high percentage of summer signings are from being released by non league clubs who to date have in my view not in the main been up to EFL2 standard. This was pointed out on Radio Lancashire last Friday night..... :o

Wherever Stewart goes from here will be a huge loss to our club but i wish him well and a big thanks for the tremendous service over so many years.

Thank you.
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:45 pm

I'm not convinced that Derek doesn't want to bring players through, he's brought people through in the past when he has thought they were ready and given them a chance.

I think it's more to do with the funding either that or he knows what's coming down the road and has jumped ship.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:20 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I'm not convinced that Derek doesn't want to bring players through, he's brought people through in the past when he has thought they were ready and given them a chance.

I think it's more to do with the funding either that or he knows what's coming down the road and has jumped ship.

I agree with this. People are quick to make Derek out as some anti-youth coach but the truth is that he blooded both CMG and Adam. It has to be budget related and there is only one person to blame for that. If Saul and Fairclough were ready for the 1st team, Derek would be playing them. Let's get them loaned out and some game time.
BerlinWaller

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:29 pm

One of the things Derek is always quick to point out is how much money he has made the club through selling youngsters.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby black morse » Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:32 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I'm not convinced that Derek doesn't want to bring players through, he's brought people through in the past when he has thought they were ready and given them a chance.

I tend to think the former but if the latter I should expect Derek may follow suit. :cry:

Damn Jason and this situation. The fans do not deserve any of this. :twisted:
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:01 pm

All this speculation not long after his Dad died :(
marky No.1

Postby alicanteshrimp » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:25 pm

Surely he deserves some sort of testimonial
alicanteshrimp

Postby John L » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:34 pm

marky No.1 wrote:All this speculation not long after his Dad died :(

I hadn't heard. That's very sad news... Bob was a top man and a legend in the short time I got to know him at our cricket club pre-matches, Mark!

Also sad to hear of Stewart leaving, but I wish him all the very best. Like his dad, a top man and a legend!
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:32 pm

Bob was such a character, always a laugh and never a dull moment particularly when he was trying to have a conversation with Mary
marky No.1

Postby glagys » Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:55 am

OWS
Says a change career direction? So perhaps complete change of jobs maybe teaching wasn’t his wife a teacher or still is ?
glagys

Postby black morse » Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:50 am

He might well be having a career change but Drummies reference to 'the glass ceiling' to me means no money (or will) for advancement of the academy has been the catalyst.
black morse

Postby John L » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Bob was such a character, always a laugh and never a dull moment particularly when he was trying to have a conversation with Mary

Isn't that pretty much the same for anyone else with Mary? ;)
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:32 pm

John L wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Bob was such a character, always a laugh and never a dull moment particularly when he was trying to have a conversation with Mary

Isn't that pretty much the same for anyone else with Mary? ;)

:lol:
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:02 pm

Sorry to hear about Bob. Remember working with him for a while back in 2001 when doing some agency work. He got quite excited when I told him I was a Morecambe fan and he proudly announced his son was our captain. Used to see him at a few away games after that and I think he became a bit of a regular, even when Stew wasn't playing. Decent guy.
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:13 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

Sorry to hear about Bob. Remember working with him for a while back in 2001 when doing some agency work. He got quite excited when I told him I was a Morecambe fan and he proudly announced his son was our captain. Used to see him at a few away games after that and I think he became a bit of a regular, even when Stew wasn't playing. Decent guy.

Yes, he was at many home games before Covid times
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion