Even if the funds have come from dubious sources
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: Possible new owners...

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:27 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Even if the funds have come from dubious sources

I hope that sentence should have a ? after it.
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:45 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Even if the funds have come from dubious sources

They have to prove to the EFL, that they have funds from a legitimate source. That's the point, and perhaps why previous take-over attempts have failed.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:57 pm

This is where more powers are needed.
If the soft drinks magnate couldn’t get the paperwork done last time and it seems the same now then someone needs to be asking JW why are you intent on selling it to him ? when you had a prospective buyer who ( we are led to believe) has passed the EFL tests
glagys

Postby black morse » Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:58 pm

glagys wrote:This is where more powers are needed.
If the soft drinks magnate couldn’t get the paperwork done last time and it seems the same now then someone needs to be asking JW why are you intent on selling it to him ? when you had a prospective buyer who ( we are led to believe) has passed the EFL tests

I think we're being a bit hasty in assuming this. It's likely to be only a couple of weeks since the papers went in. Give it another couple and I'll agree that it looks to have fallen flat again (which to be honest I hope it does).

I should assume the reason for Twittingham's keenness on the Sikhs is they are offering more money than the others.
black morse

Postby CityShrimp » Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:43 am

I don’t think a sale has been agreed or anything submitted to the EFL, personally.
CityShrimp

Postby redrobo » Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:46 am

CityShrimp wrote:I don’t think a sale has been agreed or anything submitted to the EFL, personally.

Think you are right.

However I doubt our BoDs will be allowed to comment due to gag imposed on them by Jason... :o

BUT maybe our Trust can find something out..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:03 pm

You look at the company’s involved, if it’s the failed bidder again!!

His companies, for the little I know about these things, would not fill me with optimism if I was running my eye over at their bid.

I would be sceptical that they or he can have the satiability required for the future prospects of a solidly run ownership of a football club in the coming future.

I do however think the EFL powers are very limited and as has been pointed out a separate Government backed regulations would be good for the sport.

We now have to rely on this Labour government to take the bill forward I hope they do, it is sorely needed.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:47 pm

Billy bodger wrote:You look at the company’s involved, if it’s the failed bidder again!!

His companies, for the little I know about these things, would not fill me with optimism if I was running my eye over at their bid.

I would be sceptical that they or he can have the satiability required for the future prospects of a solidly run ownership of a football club in the coming future.

I do however think the EFL powers are very limited and as has been pointed out a separate Government backed regulations would be good for the sport.

We now have to rely on this Labour government to take the bill forward I hope they do, it is sorely needed.

Just as we have to rely on them to get the immigration issue and in particular the boats problem sorted.

Unfortunately I doubt they or anybody knows how to resolve the problem...... :(
redrobo

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:10 pm

redrobo wrote:We now have to rely on this Labour government to take the bill forward I hope they do, it is sorely needed.

Just as we have to rely on them to get the immigration issue and in particular the boats problem sorted.

Unfortunately I doubt they or anybody knows how to resolve the problem...... :(

Well, the last government deliberately allowed the small boats situation to get to where it is, so the right whingers had something to get angry about. Under the last Labour government, asylum appeals took about three months to hear. Now, they take at least two years. So Labour will (hopefully) start to get appeals heard more quickly.

The last government exacerbated the 'small boats' situation by closing down all 'safe & legal' routes to claiming asylum in Britain. Therefore, the horrifically dangerous crossing of the English Channel became the only route to take. If 'safe & legal' routes were put in place, then the 'small boats' could be better managed and there would be less demand. When Braverman was Home Secretary, she was called before the Home Affairs Select Committee and was questioned by a Conservative MP, where she made it clear, she had no concept of the issues.

Please, do watch it, and remember, the questioner was a Conservative MP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZAS0yqkJM

The Labour government would hopefully open 'safe & legal' ways to apply for asylum in the UK, in negotiations with the EU, where we would take a fair & reasonable number of refugees. Bear in mind, this isn't a uniquely UK problem, in fact, per head of population, the UK takes very few refugees compared to other countries. If the Labour government negotiates a certain number of asylum seekers, who applied for asylum in the UK, when they arrive in Europe, the small boats would stop almost straight away.

The Home Secretary has already announced a new, unified force for tackling the criminal gangs behind the people smuggling, but this can only work, if used in tandem with the introduction of 'safe & legal' asylum.

So yes, people do know what needs to be done. But the last government deliberately chose not to.

As for the Football Regulator. As I've said before, the EFL has very minimal powers beyond the 'fit & proper persons' assessment. Once someone owns a club, they have limits to what they can do. A Football Regulator will [hopefully] have genuine powers, including the removal of assests from an owner who is not acting in a 'reasonable manner'. Fortunately, this is one piece of proposed legislation from the Conservative government, that Labour have committed to continuing with, so it doesn't need to go right back to square one. Continuing 'The Football Governance Bill' was included in the King's Speech, so it shouldn't be delayed by too much. If Whittingham doesn't sell soon, he may actually find himself caught up by new regulations. Perhaps that will help to motivate him?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:11 pm

Since this lot came in the problem and numbers have grown out of all proportion.

A Task Force will be nothing more than be a talking shop and will take months if not years to become effective and all the time the numbers grow.

I might have reservations about the Tories proposed method but it was working in reducing numbers as a deterrent.

We can't go on like it is that's for sure....AND where do we house those who are successful in their application for asylum.... :?: :?: :?:

No doubt Keith will have an answer..... ;)
redrobo

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:42 pm

labour turned the appeals around so quickly because they just let them all stay!

The flood gates opened in the Blair years and no party has done anything about it ever since.

My question is Australia have a very strict point based system why are they never called out for it and called right wing?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:03 pm

redrobo wrote:Since this lot came in the problem and numbers have grown out of all proportion.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously??? Labour have only been in power for a month! You're becoming a parody of yourself. It's barely stopped raining since they were elected, you'll probably blame them for that too? Or were you being satirical?

P/T Indie wrote:labour turned the appeals around so quickly because they just let them all stay!

The flood gates opened in the Blair years and no party has done anything about it ever since.

Even if that is true, which I think it can be demonstrated to not be, but I've not got the stats to hand, so let's stick with it is... Isn't it better to have people's claims heard, and given the right to stay, so they can get jobs and pay taxes, rather than pay to keep them in hotels for year after year? They are still here either way.

P/T Indie wrote:My question is Australia have a very strict point based system why are they never called out for it and called right wing?

They have been called out for it, many times.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:00 pm

redrobo wrote:Since this lot came in the problem and numbers have grown out of all proportion.

A Task Force will be nothing more than be a talking shop and will take months if not years to become effective and all the time the numbers grow.

I might have reservations about the Tories proposed method but it was working in reducing numbers as a deterrent.

We can't go on like it is that's for sure....AND where do we house those who are successful in their application for asylum.... :?: :?: :?:

Bit bizarre that a thread on our owners flips to asylum seekers.
Wild Bill

Postby John L » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:58 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

Bit bizarre that a thread on our owners flips to asylum seekers.

Well, that's redrobo (or should that be bluerobo) for you! :roll:
John L

Postby deadorred70 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:06 am

I think a new web site needs setting up Shrimps Choices,labour or tory :roll:
deadorred70

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:32 am

Maybe a 'No politics or Religion' type rule? :?
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby twosheds » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:40 am

What a ridiculous statement...
twosheds

Postby Keith » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:44 pm

Keeps things interesting until the season starts!
Or, until the club gets sold, if we all live that long.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Keith wrote:Keeps things interesting until the season starts!

I'm 75 next birthday in July 2025......surely it will be settled by then...... :o
redrobo

Postby Argumentative » Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:51 pm

Keith wrote:Keeps things interesting until the season starts!

Oh so the subtle but obviously implied racism, the complete lack of empathy for those less fortunate than ourselves and not to mention the lack of sympathy over the heinous murder of children by some is just keeping things interesting Keith
Is that interesting as in riots, arson, looting and attempted murder ? as its comments like seen on here that are encouraging or are being used are empowering the criminals that are perpetrating these acts

FFS it’s no joke or something to gloss over. I am a firm believer in the right to free speech but with that comes responsibility which some on here are not happy to accept.
You did warn one person that he/she was on the line but others have not heeded that.
Argumentative

Postby Argumentative » Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:00 pm

captain sparkle wrote:Maybe a 'No politics or Religion' type rule? :?

Spot on Captain.
Argumentative

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:55 pm

Argumentative wrote:
captain sparkle wrote:Maybe a 'No politics or Religion' type rule? :?

Spot on Captain.

Argumentative, you do know that will be less things to argue about!

Thou Captain is probably right, this thread has gone way off line.
Billy bodger

Postby Argumentative » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:17 pm

Billy believe it or not I hate arguments but I enjoy a good discussion. Arguments are destructive but a good debate is enjoyable I don’t care if we agree or not for me it’s the quality of the discussion that matters.
Will have one more discussion though.
As you can see above you spell though as though not thou. Thou is old English for you that makes your sentence make no sense. Can you let me know who your English teacher was so I can take it up with them.
Argumentative

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:22 pm

Thanks Argumentative for the grammar lesson, though you will have heck of a job taking it up with Mr Hall while you’re still in this life. To make matters worse I took my GCSE in English in my early 40s to push my daughter promising to get her something special if she received a high grade than me. While my daughter managed an A, I attained an A*. It was more story telling than my spelling though. :lol:
Billy bodger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion