Southport Stabbings o/t

Re: Southport Stabbings o/t

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:35 pm

I cant even reply!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:48 pm

Argumentative wrote:Gone shrimping
You stated that it was illegal to drink or drive a car. I have pointed out to you that in 2 of 3 of your points are incorrect. I do not know how many 16 year olds with a disability are driving cars legally but nearly pointing out that if they qualify that they can legally drive.
I agree with your point that kids who commit adult crimes should be named as kids who do this are a danger for the rest of their lives. The only exceptions I would say are those who are mentally ill deserve treatment and not condemning.
On another note I am not Jason never have been and never will be.
Do you honestly think that someone who will not communicate with anyone would comment on a post about a 16 yr old drinking. I think not. Time for you and others to put your big pants on and have a grown up conversation.

Hello, where the hell have you been? It seems you are then what it says on the tin, nobody more nobody less! You could change your name to Factoid thou!!
Billy bodger

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:55 pm

Argumentative wrote:Gone shrimping
You stated that it was illegal to drink or drive a car. I have pointed out to you that in 2 of 3 of your points are incorrect. I do not know how many 16 year olds with a disability are driving cars legally but nearly pointing out that if they qualify that they can legally drive.
I agree with your point that kids who commit adult crimes should be named as kids who do this are a danger for the rest of their lives. The only exceptions I would say are those who are mentally ill deserve treatment and not condemning.
On another note I am not Jason never have been and never will be.
Do you honestly think that someone who will not communicate with anyone would comment on a post about a 16 yr old drinking. I think not. Time for you and others to put your big pants on and have a grown up conversation.

That's exactly what Jason would say.

Nice one Jase, sell the club to a reputable buyer please.
BerlinWaller

Postby Argumentative » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:12 pm

Waller. I have finally sussed you out you are Charley Carrolli
Argumentative

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Please keep this thread respectful and without bickering.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby deadorred70 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:16 pm

I suppose him that did the Nottingham stabbings was having treatment for mental heaith.
deadorred70

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:12 pm

Keith wrote:Please keep this thread respectful and without bickering.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:50 pm

This [non]-news website has issued an apology and accepted that they were wrong with what they posted (although, despite removing the alleged name, it is still in a title). They lifted the disinformation from a Twitter post from a white supremacist, COVID denying, conspiracy theorist. She has since deleted the Tweet. According to Ch4 News this evening, the majority of Tweets regarding this dreadful attack, tying it to Muslims and asylum seekers, originate in the USA. They got their riot from their lies.

It is against UK law to name anyone arrested, who is under the age of 18yrs unless a judge lifts restrictions.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:14 pm

deadorred70 wrote:I suppose him that did the Nottingham stabbings was having treatment for mental heaith.

Argh, yes! The new found phenomenon excuse of mental health. We all have it, don't we?
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:25 pm

Keith wrote:t is against UK law to name anyone arrested, who is under the age of 18yrs unless a judge lifts restrictions.

I walked past the house where he lives this afternoon, and the Close is still closed with 3 police vehicles parked there.

I'm v.surprised that none of his old school chums haven't come forward, no doubt they will.

Didn't Liebour want to reduce the voting age to 16?
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Phil Anderer » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:05 pm

Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:t is against UK law to name anyone arrested, who is under the age of 18yrs unless a judge lifts restrictions.

I walked past the house where he lives this afternoon, and the Close is still closed with 3 police vehicles parked there.

I'm v.surprised that none of his old school chums haven't come forward, no doubt they will.

Excuse me but WTF has voting age got to do with any of this?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:53 am

Phil Anderer wrote:
Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:

Excuse me but WTF has voting age got to do with any of this?

Because if as seems likely 16 is to be the age at which voting is to be made legal then that should also be the age at which they can be named when they are arrested. Old enough to vote then also old enough to have your name made public when arrested.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:26 am

The 17yr old has not been charged, they have been arrested, so police will only release non-identifying information of the person.

When charged the police can release names identifying the individual.

Sometime on Fri day they will have to charge or release this boy. So people wanting to know the name NOW was not going to happen even for an adult.

Wil the police name them on Fri? Well because of the severity and public interest I think it should be but because of their age it may take the media having to go to court to prove it is in the public interest.
Billy bodger

Postby deadorred70 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:10 pm

HE as now been named and charged . this on 1o,clock news.
deadorred70

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:17 pm

Billy bodger wrote:The 17yr old has not been charged, they have been arrested, so police will only release non-identifying information of the person.

When charged the police can release names identifying the individual.

Sometime on Fri day they will have to charge or release this boy. So people wanting to know the name NOW was not going to happen even for an adult.

Wil the police name them on Fri? Well because of the severity and public interest I think it should be but because of their age it may take the media having to go to court to prove it is in the public interest.

Mmmmm, not waited till Fri! He’s been charged and named in the interest of public realm and rightly so, he’s 18 in six days.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:56 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Because if as seems likely 16 is to be the age at which voting is to be made legal then that should also be the age at which they can be named when they are arrested. Old enough to vote then also old enough to have your name made public when arrested.

But, sixteen-year-olds can't currently vote, because it is currently against the law.
It is also currently against the law to name children who are arrested, unless a judge gives permission (as they did today).
Under the law, the person is a child if under the age of eighteen.

If the law changes, THEN it would be a reasonable comment to make. At the moment, it is irrelevant.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:11 pm

Keith wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:Because if as seems likely 16 is to be the age at which voting is to be made legal then that should also be the age at which they can be named when they are arrested. Old enough to vote then also old enough to have your name made public when arrested.

But, sixteen-year-olds can't currently vote, because it is currently against the law.
It is also currently against the law to name children who are arrested, unless a judge gives permission (as they did today).

If the law changes, THEN it would be a reasonable comment to make. At the moment, it is irrelevant.

As John Cleese would say thanks for a statement of the bleeding obvious !

I know 16 year olds can't vote although the lunatics in charge of the asylum are wanting to allow them. I said when that happens then 16 year olds charged with offences should also be named.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:40 pm

Following the horrendous events of Southport on Tuesday what icant understand where was the intelligence to warn that far right groups were travelling to Southport intent on violence. Surely in a society with so much access to the media the Polce should have been aware of what was going on. And what about the Railway Police who would have witnessed groups travelling by train to Southport as the violence abated around 10 minutes before the last trains departed. Coincidence or what.. ????
redrobo

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:33 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Keith wrote:

As John Cleese would say thanks for a statement of the bleeding obvious !

I know 16 year olds can't vote although the lunatics in charge of the asylum are wanting to allow them. I said when that happens then 16 year olds charged with offences should also be named.

Yes. Exactly. So the original comment, in this thread, was completely irrelevant.

Not sure why you object to 16 year olds voting anyway? You can legally leave school, and get pregnant, or father a child, at 16 years of age, but not vote in your own future?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:59 pm

Keith wrote:Not sure why you object to 16 year olds voting anyway? You can legally leave school, and get pregnant, or father a child, at 16 years of age, but not vote in your own future?

Keith, I'd leave it be. He's just tried to hijack a thread about a tragic incident where three young children were killed to rail against a government policy he detests because it makes it more difficult for the party he votes for to get back into power, in spite of an electoral system that generally favours them.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:11 pm

GoneShrimping stick to the thread or create a new thread about voting age.

I totally agree with Phil Anderer don’t engage with him. It is demeaning to the family’s to continue using this thread to wind people up.
Billy bodger

Postby Argumentative » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:29 pm

redrobo wrote:Get the game transferred to the Maz and play on Wednesday.

What I can’t understand is this was your first reaction to the event. This is why I came out of hibernation to comment that some people never have thought to the kids or their families

Now you call it tragic incident and blame others for not stopping it. Still no words of compassion towards the victims.
You obviously have more faces than the town hall clock and just jump on the bandwagon of others comments.
This is the trouble with the internet as what you put on it never disappears and can come back and bite you on the arse.
Argumentative

Postby redrobo » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:39 pm

Suggest you carefully read my last post. I said nothing about how to stop the horrendous events of Monday] What I did ask why was there no Police intelligence to warn of the acts of the far right on Tuesday. As the Grandfather of a 4 year old myself I can't imagine the anguish I and my family would go through if such an act of inhumane activity resulted in serious injury or worse the death of a loved one . My thoughts of my entire family are in sympathy for all those who have lost loved ones.

But the question about intelligence has still not been answered by anybody and in particular yourself.
redrobo

Postby Argumentative » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:54 pm

I suggest you read it as well.
the Police should have been aware of what was going on. And what about the Railway Police who would have witnessed groups travelling by train to Southport
If that is not apportioning blame I don’t know what is but I am sure the answer to your question will come out in the wash.
My point is that I appreciate your words now you did not say them until you were challenged to do so now does not excuse your initial reaction.
I also am a grandfather and the hurt and confusion of the family of these beautiful kids must be unbearable. This heinous crime needs to not be repeated. How we achieve this is the 64 thousand dollar question.
Argumentative

Postby Argumentative » Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:07 pm

But the question about intelligence has still not been answered by anybody and in particular yourself.

Talking about intelligence what is with your quote above.

For the record I was a police officer but not for a long time following a change of career and never have been a member of any intelligence organisation such as the national crime squad, any of the MI organisations or any far right / left / up or down organisations that use any excuse to riot and steal and cause havoc. I therefor I am not in a position to take personal responsibility for the lack of precognition either to the stabbing or the resulting riots as you suggest I should be.
Argumentative

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion