Morecambe 1 Blackburn Rovers 1

Morecambe 1 Blackburn Rovers 1

Postby twosheds » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:01 pm

Your thoughts please on tonight's performance....
twosheds

Re: Morecambe 1 Blackburn Rovers 1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:42 pm

Considering we're a new group who haven't been together very long and possibly don't all know each other's names, I was quite surprised how well we did against Championship youngsters. Loads of subs as well. Having said that if it wasn't for Moore and the fact they couldn't shoot straight we could have been a bit worse off.
Totally different game in 2 weeks and I presume the line up against Burton will be our starting 11
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby twosheds » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:15 am

I thought it was decent performance within Moore get the well deserved MOTM complete with a free curry.. :D
twosheds

Postby redrobo » Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:38 am

Couldn't go due to my usual Friday night family commitments in Preston.....BUT will be at Southport to see our new lads as well as hopefully have a word with Jimbo.... :)

Kept up to date with the game on 'X'.....
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:48 pm

It was nice to have some DerekBall back after half a season of dicking about with it.

I thought Ray looked very capable and is the stand out option for Captain. Hendrie was by far the better right back and Dave looked his usual steady self. Yann was back in his CDM role after being used as the man who triggered the press under Brennan. Callum Jones was the stand out performer for me, he played some lovely passes and looked very mobile. Hope chased and worked hard up top. I was impressed with the understanding of the players and you can tell that they have been well drilled by the King and Danny.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:14 pm

My first look at the full squad having only seen them at Longridge so far in pre-season.

I think the King has done an incredible job putting the squad together after arriving when there were only 4 senior professionals on the books. 20 players in total played , only Paul Lewis was missing presumably injured , and it looks a very competent squad. No passengers like we had at times last season and from Derek's interview where he mentioned "players signed so far" it would appear maybe one or even two more to come in. One needs to be a goal scorer.

Ray looks to be , dare I say it , an upgrade on Rawson , being just as dominant in the air and more mobile on the ground. Callum Jones looks way better than I remember from his first loan here and Jordan Slew continued where he left off last season and the Blackburn defenders couldn't handle him and were pulling his shirt off most of the time.

Certainly it gave me confidence that we can have a decent season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:20 pm

Good to hear a lot of positives, two weeks to go, two more warm up games and that can only be good for the squad. I missed last night game and things have changed so I’m missing the Southport game I was going to attend, so I’m not going to see them till the first home game which is frustrating.

On wards and upwards to the team, DA and all of his staff.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion