Possible new owners...

Re: Possible new owners...

Postby black morse » Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:19 pm

vvm wrote:Seems to me that Sarbjot is trying to smoke and mirrors his way into passing this test. Seems very clear that his source of funding is not legitimate and cannot be proven. Maybe he's got somebody else involved as the main shareholder of his new company he plans to buy the club with, once he gets approval the ownership will be passed fully to Sarbjot. Something along those lines of creating different companies, appointing people to the board and complicating the background so much that on the surface he can present as legitimate.

We can all see through it and we're only getting crumbs of detail. Hopefully the EFL can see through it too but I'm worried they just won't care enough.

Why does he even want the club and why is Jason desperate to sell to him and only him? I wouldn't say it's a terrible investment but probably not worth going through the effort he has. I can understand a supporter wanting it, they have a connection, there's little to no debt and if ran well could be a success.

Jason wants to sell to him presumably because he'll pay more money than other interested party. Why he's willing to pay more is indeed a mystery.......or is there something more sinister behind all this? :?
black morse

Postby vvm » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:13 pm

Presumably it must be a lot more because Jason doesn't seem interested in even entertaining other potential buyers
vvm

Postby black morse » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:49 pm

Too many questions. The whole thing stinks.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:43 pm

I wonder if any potential new owners are attending the match tonight :?: :?: :?:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:59 pm

JW might turn up (NOT), so we can wave him bye-bye in a proper Morecambe fashion. :twisted: :twisted:
Billy bodger

Postby glagys » Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:45 am

Why can’t the EFL say more e.g
We are dealing with a prospective buyer
Or
We have rejected a prospective buyer as they didn’t meet the requirements of the EFL

Just something
it's a bit too much cloak & dagger stuff all this
Perhaps the BOD could give a similar update
glagys

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:39 am

glagys wrote:Why can’t the EFL say more e.g
We are dealing with a prospective buyer
Or
We have rejected a prospective buyer as they didn’t meet the requirements of the EFL

Just something
it's a bit too much cloak & dagger stuff all this
Perhaps the BOD could give a similar update

Don't think we are going to hear anymore until it's all been decided one way or the other. I'm sure there is a reason why the fans aren't told more but I can't think what that reason is. We are very reliant on the Trust to even get small pieces of information which I suppose is correct as they do represent the fan members.
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:28 am

The EFL passed Wigan's new owner as 'fit & proper' within a few days of receiving all the relevant paperwork. So many people keep pointing at the EFL as the bogeyman, but I'm not convinced that they are. I doubt it is them that are the problem.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:34 am

Keith wrote:The EFL passed Wigan's new owner as 'fit & proper' within a few days of receiving all the relevant paperwork. So many people keep pointing at the EFL as the bogeyman, but I'm not convinced that they are. I doubt it is them that are the problem.

Couldn't possibly be because the required paperwork hasn't been provided......could it.... :?: :?: :?:

Until we get a definate confirmation from our BoDs (assuming they know... :o ) then nothing would surprise me knowing the way that Jason and his preferred bidder spread false hope.... :evil:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:44 am

redrobo wrote:Couldn't possibly be because the required paperwork hasn't been provided......could it.... :?: :?: :?:

Until we get a definate confirmation from our BoDs (assuming they know... :o ) then nothing would surprise me knowing the way that Jason and his preferred bidder spread false hope.... :evil:

Well, the last time Whittingham genuinely appeared to be trying to sell, it dragged on for months, without the required paperwork & evidence ever being submitted. In the meantime, Wigan had a serious buyer arrive, agree the deal, submit the paperwork, and take over ownership in about ten days from start to finish. We're now back to it all dragging on.

I doubt if the board could tell us anything, even if they wanted to, as any bid probably is confidential. But this length of time will no doubt be sounding alarms.

Which would be worse?

Going into administration, start season on -12 points & transfer embargo, while the Administrator sells the club for a realistic amount, and we get a serious owner.

Or...

Whittingham finally manages to force a sale through to a 'suspect' new owner, who the Board decide they can't work with and resign, or the new owner decides to get rid of and appoints their own people?

Given those options, I reckon Administration and accept relegation, but rebuild from stable foundations. Hopefully, Whittingham will eventually accept a realistic offer from elsewhere, and we can move forwards positively, but the longer this ***t-show continues, the worse it could be.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:47 am

I thought we heard once before from the EFL they had asked sarbjot for more paperwork
Or
did I dream it
or
nightmare it :D
glagys

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:19 pm

glagys wrote:I thought we heard once before from the EFL they had asked sarbjot for more paperwork
Or
did I dream it
or
nightmare it :D

I think we did but that was some weeks after the ownership bid was submitted.

If Derek resigned would that tell us that it's all fallen through or that the EFL had passed the new owner and Derek couldn't work with him? :roll: :roll:
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Couldn't possibly be because the required paperwork hasn't been provided......could it.... :?: :?: :?:

Well, the last time Whittingham genuinely appeared to be trying to sell, it dragged on for months, without the required paperwork & evidence ever being submitted. In the meantime, Wigan had a serious buyer arrive, agree the deal, submit the paperwork, and take over ownership in about ten days from start to finish. We're now back to it all dragging on.

I doubt if the board could tell us anything, even if they wanted to, as any bid probably is confidential. But this length of time will no doubt be sounding alarms.

Which would be worse?

Going into administration, start season on -12 points & transfer embargo, while the Administrator sells the club for a realistic amount, and we get a serious owner.

Or...

Whittingham finally manages to force a sale through to a 'suspect' new owner, who the Board decide they can't work with and resign, or the new owner decides to get rid of and appoints their own people?

Given those options, I reckon Administration and accept relegation, but rebuild from stable foundations. Hopefully, Whittingham will eventually accept a realistic offer from elsewhere, and we can move forwards positively, but the longer this ***t-show continues, the worse it could be.

Back to the “ADMINISTRATION ARGUMENT”, it’s been a while but In essence it all boils down to which league you want the Club to potentially be in. (Goodness me I’ve been winkled into commenting on new ownership, from my self imposed embargo!!).

JW deserves the criticism he gets off Morecambe fans and I agree with it, except the attack on his wife and family, look I want rid of him and I want proper owners but unfortunately for me it’s too big a gamble to go into administration and start on -12 points. I don’t accept it would mean we get relegated but that’s a tremendous ask of DA and the new squad he has put together.

We are not going to get fairy tale new owners (if people are right JW’s preferred bidder is very questionable!), who will put in sustainable funding that will lift the Club up the leagues that DA talked about last year.

If the proposed take over has problems I think the EFL will be all over it because of the floundering unsuccessful bid they previously put in.

I want league 2 football as a minimum, keeping that level of football all with the 3-5 thousand attendance figure's.

We have people who have put in unsuccessful bids to JW and can only be keeping quite hoping we go into administration and then the sale of the Club will be out of JW’s hands, I prefer they blow the lid on there failed bid giving fans details, JW will not sell to them unless up their bid so if they want to truly buy the Club somehow up your bid or blow the lid off, (give the fans an insight to what’s gone on), the administrators won’t be bothered any fallout it may or may not create.
Billy bodger

Postby deadorred70 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:10 pm

Sale what sale, thought i'd put a comment in as it seems to have dried up. :?
deadorred70

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:44 am

How many times do we have to go through the wringer before we're home and dry :roll: It's got so a week seems like a month while waiting for news.
black morse

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:56 am

The last great piece of news was Derek's appointment and I seem to remember that was just after redrobo went on holiday. Can we club together and send him on holiday again? Is that OK with you RR? You'd be taking a hit for the club! ;)
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:50 am

black morse wrote:The last great piece of news was Derek's appointment and I seem to remember that was just after redrobo went on holiday. Can we club together and send him on holiday again? Is that OK with you RR? You'd be taking a hit for the club! ;)

Funny you should mention that but we are looking to go on a cruise to Cambodia and Vietnam.....by all means pay for it if you wish...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:?:
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:09 pm

They Sikh him here, they Sikh him there, but there's no new owner anywhere... :)

(OK...I'll shut the door on the way out...)
twosheds

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:19 pm

twosheds wrote:They Sikh him here, they Sikh him there, but there's no new owner anywhere... :)

(OK...I'll shut the door on the way out...)

IF the paper work was submitted on time ( :?: ) then the wait for a conclusion is now getting to the stage where I seriously doubt that approval has been given and that Jason is now 'up shits creek without a paddle' and is seeking desperately for any deal that will give him an acceptable return on his investment.

Let's hope that the offer that was refused is now still on the table and that we get an owner who actually loves their and our club.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:35 pm

redrobo wrote:IF the paper work was submitted on time ( :?: )

I very much doubt any paperwork was ever submitted.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:42 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:IF the paper work was submitted on time ( :?: )

I very much doubt any paperwork was ever submitted.

In which case that leaves Twittingham free to discuss with other prospective customers but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the papers were SUPPOSED to be being lodged about 8 or 9 days ago.
This could and probably will go on for weeks or even months yet.

Some of us are getting older and may never see the outcome :o :lol:
black morse

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:14 pm

Didn't the efl have meeting with sarbjots lot like an introduction meeting and that's why they were all at the globe a few weeks back..

Hopefully the EFL have seen through them again, but if they now have proof of funds it will be hard for the EFL to say no.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Naylz » Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:30 pm

Maybe the Trust can send Jason W a chaser email and ask if there has been any progress to report.
Naylz

Postby black morse » Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:38 pm

Naylz wrote:Maybe the Trust can send Jason W a chaser email and ask if there has been any progress to report.

His answer would be....Yes but I'm not telling you because it's none of your business.
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:58 pm

P/T Indie wrote:...if they now have proof of funds it will be hard for the EFL to say no.

If they have proof of funds, then for goodness’s sake, just get on with it.

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion