Possible new owners...

Re: Possible new owners...

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:24 am

J.S. wrote:Let’s just hope that the Christie Trust is water tight and no one can get their hands on the land. The football club has to survive.

I suspect it is, or Whittingham would already be building houses on it.

redrobo wrote:What does he get out of owning a football club in EFL 2 or for that matter...any football club.

He can't be doing it for a reasonable ROl as no investment in our club can be regarded as making a sound financial investment. There is something else that he wants to own us but for the life of me I just don't get it.. :!: :!:

My only thoughts on motive is to raise profile in India. Interest in football is booming in India at the moment. Perhaps they intend to harness some of the interest in a similar manner as Reynolds & Wrexham in the USA? This could have a knock-on positive impact upon their own businesses both within the Sikh community here, but in India too? The only 'Indian owned football club in English [European?] football' could be quite a marketing draw in India?

Johal Sarbjot/Sarb Capital still have a £100,000+ investment in the club, so they are a significant share holder already. That investment dragged us out of the smelly stuff, so while I'm 'concerned' regarding the transparency of the investment, I have some optimism too. It's got to be an improvement on what we currently have. If the EFL do due-diligence and satisfy themselves that the funds are legitimate and available, then let's crack on.

It's going to be a great book one day! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:40 am

Actually, the more I think about it, if owning an English Football League team, to promote in India, isn't their business model, it should be!

Over 100 million people regularly watch English Premier League games in India.

If just 0.1% of them subscribe to iFollow, that's 100,000 people. I think it was said that the club gets roughly £3 from a one-off payment to watch a game on the international subscription.

A 3pm kick-off in England is 7:30pm in India.

£300,000 per week income would be nice.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby captain sparkle » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:49 am

black morse wrote:
Gurdwara is a Sikh place of worship.

Indeed, that's why I thought it was a little unusual!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:06 am

Keith wrote:
J.S. wrote:Let’s just hope that the Christie Trust is water tight and no one can get their hands on the land. The football club has to survive.

redrobo wrote:What does he get out of owning a football club in EFL 2 or for that matter...any football club.

He can't be doing it for a reasonable ROl as no investment in our club can be regarded as making a sound financial investment. There is something else that he wants to own us but for the life of me I just don't get it.. :!: :!:

My only thoughts on motive is to raise profile in India. Interest in football is booming in India at the moment. Perhaps they intend to harness some of the interest in a similar manner as Reynolds & Wrexham in the USA? This could have a knock-on positive impact upon their own businesses both within the Sikh community here, but in India too? The only 'Indian owned football club in English [European?] football' could be quite a marketing draw in India?

Johal Sarbjot/Sarb Capital still have a £100,000+ investment in the club, so they are a significant share holder already. That investment dragged us out of the smelly stuff, so while I'm 'concerned' regarding the transparency of the investment, I have some optimism too. It's got to be an improvement on what we currently have. If the EFL do due-diligence and satisfy themselves that the funds are legitimate and available, then let's crack on.

It's going to be a great book one day! :roll:

The only Indian owned football club in English football. LOL.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:07 am

Keith wrote:Actually, the more I think about it, if owning an English Football League team, to promote in India, isn't their business model, it should be!

If just 0.1% of them subscribe to iFollow, that's 100,000 people. I think it was said that the club gets roughly £3 from a one-off payment to watch a game on the international subscription.

Isn’t League 2 football on Sky now?

I agree that if there has been a successful bid from the Indian Sikh Community they need to be more transparent, but with the secrecy surrounding any take over there needs to be a big change in approach.

The other question is while Morecambe in this country will be on now and again they will probably be on every week in India and other countries, that has to change and it slowly will.

Sarbjot’s unsuccessful attempt to buy the club before was met with caution because financially it was not transparent, any new bid needs to be.

In the end whoever makes a successful bid and finally gets rid of JW needs to be given a chance, we do however want serious people who have a sustainable plan to move Morecambe FC forward. That includes investment that will be not only put into the team but the stadium (an upgrade with a much needed roof on the Berlin Wall), the training pitches, and a fan-zone as a matter of importance of things to do.

Good luck today.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:30 am

Keith wrote:

[i]It's going to be a great book one day![/i] :roll:

It's already been published Keith. It's called The Doomsday Book if in remember correctly! ;)
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:09 am

Keith wrote:Actually, the more I think about it, if owning an English Football League team, to promote in India, isn't their business model, it should be!

Great if IFollow was still here
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby al1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:43 am

Blackburn Rovers are owned by Indians,Venkys!
al1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:17 am

What do we as Morecambe supporters want from a new owner of the football club?
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:19 am

Stability and involvement. Get the placed developed so we can stand on our own 2 feet.
Proper training facility and fanzone.

Don't expect it before the season starts
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:42 am

marky No.1 wrote:Stability and involvement. Get the placed developed so we can stand on our own 2 feet.
Proper training facility and fanzone.

Don't expect it before the season starts

Yes, stability would be wonderful but just to clarify involvement Marky we wouldn't want an owner being involved in the running of the team. That happens in some clubs but always leads to strife. Running the team is the manager's job. I'm not even keen on 'Head of Football' approach unless the 2 see eye to eye.
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:46 am

BerlinWaller wrote:What do we as Morecambe supporters want from a new owner of the football club?

In the end whoever makes a successful bid and finally gets rid of JW needs to be given a chance, we do however want serious people who have a sustainable plan to move Morecambe FC forward. That includes investment that will be not only put into the team but the stadium (an upgrade with a much needed roof on the Berlin Wall should keep you happy BW) the training pitches being put into use and a fan-zone as a matter of importance of things to do.

Stability though commitment and investment year on year to move the club forward.
Billy bodger

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:18 pm

black morse wrote:
Yes, stability would be wonderful but just to clarify involvement Marky we wouldn't want an owner being involved in the running of the team. That happens in some clubs but always leads to strife. Running the team is the manager's job. I'm not even keen on 'Head of Football' approach unless the 2 see eye to eye.

Yes, didn't mean it like that, quite happy that the Manager and Directors are left to run the Club, but would rather have an owner that was there to cheer his/her team on rather than be miles away
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:11 pm

What are the first things you want the new owners to do?
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:23 pm

I'd love to see what Derek can do if he was given a decent sum of money to spend over a couple of years.
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:26 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Great if IFollow was still here

I think iFollow will continue to be the platform for international viewers.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:45 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:What are the first things you want the new owners to do?

Fanzone with proper big screens and streetfood. Pie sales maybe overtaken by Chicken Balti kebabs?
marky No.1

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:49 pm

What we have had here with JW is a failure to communicate and I never liked it any more than you other fans. Well, when he’s finally gone and we get who we get, I hope we get an owner or owners who will bring better engagement with the fans.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:23 pm

Billy bodger wrote:What we have had here with JW is a failure to communicate and I never liked it any more than you other fans. Well, when he’s finally gone and we get who we get, I hope we get an owner or owners who will bring better engagement with the fans.

'Cool Hand Billy' after a new nickname or just coincidence?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:55 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:What we have had here with JW is a failure to communicate and I never liked it any more than you other fans. Well, when he’s finally gone and we get who we get, I hope we get an owner or owners who will bring better engagement with the fans.

'Cool Hand Billy' after a new nickname or just coincidence?

No I’m a Bodger through and through.

The gang master speech is one of my top 5 of my favourite film Quotes.

I had another one ready from Kes if Morecambe FC went under!!
Billy bodger

Postby deadorred70 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:26 am

WHAT would i like to see, an actual sale of the club instead of all this uncertaincy :cry:
deadorred70

Postby glagys » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Something doesn’t feel right, hope I’m wrong
Listen to the podcast ( great listen btw),
And I thought they said the trust had met a proposed buy who offered more than the club was worth, but his offer was turned down by jw
So if sarb and Co are buying this club then either they must have really knocked all other bidders out of sight, or there is an ulterior motive that jw has sold it too them,I think the EFL should be scrutinising all bids and reasons for not accepting them and also do they have funds to keep them going
glagys

Postby black morse » Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:29 pm

glagys wrote:Something doesn’t feel right, hope I’m wrong
Listen to the podcast ( great listen btw),
And I thought they said the trust had met a proposed buy who offered more than the club was worth, but his offer was turned down by jw
So if sarb and Co are buying this club then either they must have really knocked all other bidders out of sight, or there is an ulterior motive that jw has sold it too them,I think the EFL should be scrutinising all bids and reasons for not accepting them and also do they have funds to keep them going

That is exactly what was said but the EFL cannot scrutinise all bids only the one that is put before them by the seller. That would include ensuring that money is enough to support the club in the future. Who knows why it looks as if JW has gone for the Sikhs as the preferred bidder but he seems to have favoured Sarbjot all along. Nothing in his reasoning would surprise me. He's probably turned down much better bids because he thought they wouldn't be beneficial to the club :roll: :lol:
black morse

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:37 pm

[quote="glagys"]Something doesn’t feel right, hope I’m wrong

So the question are:-

A. In whose estimation was the offer more than the Club is worth?
B. Does JW have something up his sleeve? (A parting gift so to speak)?
C. Has JW had a high bid all along but has had to wait till all paperwork would pass the EFL Test?
D. When the offer from the mysterious investor was turned down did they just walk away, with no intention of increasing the bid?
E. Has another bid that is higher been now been accepted?
F. If not, have we to soldier for on under JW with limited investment? (Or interest, other than JW getting as near to his valuation of the Club).
G. What will any new owner bring to the Club.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:16 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
glagys wrote:Something doesn’t feel right, hope I’m wrong

So the question are:-

A. In whose estimation was the offer more than the Club is worth?
B. Does JW have something up his sleeve? (A parting gift so to speak)?
C. Has JW had a high bid all along but has had to wait till all paperwork would pass the EFL Test?
D. When the offer from the mysterious investor was turned down did they just walk away, with no intention of increasing the bid?
E. Has another bid that is higher been now been accepted?
F. If not, have we to soldier for on under JW with limited investment? (Or interest, other than JW getting as near to his valuation of the Club).
G. What will any new owner bring to the Club.

The only question that it may be possible to answer is D. The 'mysterious investor' did not 'just walk away' but has contacted the Trust so is obviously still interested but is probably still not prepared to meet JW's high expectations.
black morse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion