sam the sham

Re: sam the sham

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2009 5:55 pm

parceldave wrote:
Howe Magic wrote:We have finished eleventh in league two for last two seasons so the answer to your question about the team been better than two years ago is yes it is - and hopefully we will push on and do better next season

We only finished 11th cos Luton ,Bournmouth and Rotherham started on minus points and Darlo also had points deducted and then we finished on a minus goal differance ;)

yes but they all cheated by not paying their Creditors enabling them to spend an inflated amount on players salaries.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Mon May 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Does any one know what our salary cap will be next season :?: :?: :?:

And if we will be exceeding it again and getting another embargo :roll: :roll: :roll:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Does any one know what our salary cap will be next season :?: :?: :?:

And if we will be exceeding it again and getting another embargo :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well the board know what our salary cap will be... but no one else should and I don't expect to see them posting that info on shrimpsvoices :shock:

As for an embargo, I'd be disappointed with the directors if we got ourselves embargo'd a second time. I don't expect it to happen though.
james456

Postby wijit » Mon May 04, 2009 9:58 pm

If this is what we are to endure for the close season we have simply GOT to petition the government to stop cousins marrying.
wijit

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 05, 2009 11:52 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Does any one know what our salary cap will be next season :?: :?: :?:

hopefully wew will get an embargo again
WE ARE GOING UP :lol: :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Posh » Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Our salary cap will again be a proportion of our turnover. As the club can only project what its turnover will be then any idea on salary cap is a best guess.

james456 wrote:As for an embargo, I'd be disappointed with the directors if we got ourselves embargo'd a second time. I don't expect it to happen though.

Any embargo would be down to a shortfall in revenue during the season. If that happened it would be down to not enough people coming through the turnstiles; businesses supporting the club; or people buying Gold Bond stuff.

The only thing the board did wrong was to overestimate revenues during the season. Part of that was down to a recession and part of that was overestimating attendances but I was disappointed to see attendances down by 600 average from last season (at an average of £10 that's £138,000 down on the season before).
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby The Fury » Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Posh wrote:

Our salary cap will again be a proportion of our turnover. As the club can only project what its turnover will be then any idea on salary cap is a best guess.

james456 wrote:As for an embargo, I'd be disappointed with the directors if we got ourselves embargo'd a second time. I don't expect it to happen though.

Any embargo would be down to a shortfall in revenue during the season. If that happened it would be down to not enough people coming through the turnstiles; businesses supporting the club; or people buying Gold Bond stuff.

The only thing the board did wrong was to overestimate revenues during the season. Part of that was down to a recession and part of that was overestimating attendances but I was disappointed to see attendances down by 600 average from last season (at an average of £10 that's £138,000 down on the season before).

Did we not also budget for a cup run? If so, that, it could be said, was particularly risky.
The Fury

Postby shrimper » Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't think we did.

We budgeted for a similar attendance as the previous year which wasn't unreasonable. But they're not daft, they know you can't 'budget' for any cup run.

It was when we felt the effects of the shortfall that someone mentioned the lack of a cup run.

But I think it was merely along the lines of ".... had we had the kind of cup runs we'd had last year, then it may have helped mitigate against our reduced income on the League match gates and we may have been able to avoid the embargo".
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Tue May 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Our cup runs could possibly have been improved if MATTY BELL, had a :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :roll: few games
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Curly » Tue May 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Your Lass must love you!
You can keep going all night! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:56 am

Posh wrote:The only thing the board did wrong was to overestimate revenues during the season. Part of that was down to a recession and part of that was overestimating attendances but I was disappointed to see attendances down by 600 average from last season (at an average of £10 that's £138,000 down on the season before).

The highest average attendance drop in the football league. Crowds down by 23.4%.
RedRedWine1

Postby Crimson Crust » Wed May 06, 2009 11:13 am

RedRedWine wrote:
Posh wrote:The only thing the board did wrong was to overestimate revenues during the season. Part of that was down to a recession and part of that was overestimating attendances but I was disappointed to see attendances down by 600 average from last season (at an average of £10 that's £138,000 down on the season before).

The highest average attendance drop in the football league. Crowds down by 23.4%.

I wonder if the away attendance average dropped?

I suppose being our first season in the football league, we would attract a fair few
neutrals to the ground. (groundhoppers, Press etc') Therefore less in 08/09.

Economic climate.

Disappointing start to the season.

I am optimistic that next season, with a good start - last at the "Pie" - and other initiatives
planned by the club - a good Cup run.. etc; attendances will improve.
Crimson Crust

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 06, 2009 11:29 am

Crimson Crust wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

I suppose being our first season in the football league, we would attract a fair few

Economic climate.

I am optimistic that next season, with a good start - last at the "Pie" - and other initiatives

a good % of the lost fans will be away fans.

Rochdale and Bury both brought around 1,200 the first season and only brought around 600 this season.

Even Barnet brought around 350 in the first season.

only Bradford (and I don't know why people knock them) have brought similar numbers in both seasons.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

Crimson Crust wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

Economic climate.

According to the Football Forum (which is not 100% reliable, but as near to as you are likely to get), the average away following at Christie has dropped from 507 (07/08) to 392 (08/09)

Our effective home support average (not including away supporters) has dropped from 2,305 (07/08) to 1,761 (08/09). 544 home fans per game have gone (23.6%). Clearly the novelty of being in the football league has rubbed off on a few fans, and as you mention perhaps the economic climate has had an effect on our attendances.

TFF 2008/09 away support thread: Final Statistics
TFF 2007/09 away support thread: Final Statisitics (download in excel)
RedRedWine1

Postby Curly » Wed May 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Crimson Crust wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

Economic climate.

Was talking to Why no t yesterday and we were trying to predict the attendance of the last
home game of the season, i reckoned would be all ticket as will be packed to the rafters

Curly

Postby Crimson Crust » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Was talking to Why no t yesterday and we were trying to predict the attendance of the last
home game of the season, i reckoned would be all ticket as will be packed to the rafters[/quote]

Of course! Play-Off Semi. :P
Crimson Crust

Postby Curly » Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 am

Crimson Crust wrote:Was talking to Why no t yesterday and we were trying to predict the attendance of the last
home game of the season, i reckoned would be all ticket as will be packed to the rafters

Of course! Play-Off Semi. :P[/quote]

;) :D

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:36 pm

I thought the stowford press deverved this prediction of his ressurecting :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:14 pm

reading that you would not know the difference if you were told those comments were about todays game
heysham_mfc

Previous

Return to General Discussion