Squad Shaping Up Nicely

Squad Shaping Up Nicely

Postby The Red Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Just been having a more indepth look at our what our squad is likely to be after all the recent comings and goings are done:

Goalkeepers
Barry Roche, Scott Davies

Right Backs
Ryan McCann, Andy Parrish

Left Backs
Danny Adams, Michael Howard

Centre Backs
Jim Bentley, Henry McStay, David Artell, Matty Bell

Right Midfielders
Neil Wainwright, Paul Lloyd

Left Midfielders
Wayne Curtis

Centre Midfielders
Craig Stanley, Stewart Drummond, Michael Carr, Garry Hunter, Fraser McLachlan

Strikers
Matty Blinkhorn, Diarmuid O'Carroll, Rene Howe, Aaron Taylor

We must surely be bringing in another left winger to compete with Wayne but other than that we seem to be pretty much set at every position and we could now be near the end of the Summer transfer dealings.

What does everyone else think? Any other areas that look like they need strengthening or do we think that Sammy, Mark and the board have done really well this Summer?
The Red Knight

Re: Squad Shaping Up Nicely

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 pm

Left midfield /winger and a further left back as competition to DA.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:19 pm

we need another left winger and mabe another striker if Twiss moves to Burn thats it unless any player leave
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm

having cash from the two guys leaving may give us some unexpected room to bring in a left winger. Otherwise, I think that looks pretty good.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby admiral47 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Yes its exciting and and looks stronger, although for me there are a coupe of areas of convern-Wayne and his lack of pace and Danny Adams given that he is carrying at least 2 stone of extra weight. I know he is a quality footballer but its a long season and wonder if we last another one out. I would like to see Adam Yates in the squad - but is he leaving? Hopefully the team will have more pace around the park as last year that was a real concern with a couple of exceptions
admiral47

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:30 pm

brendan mcgill is out of contract...sign him up
Shrimpsscene

Postby Harry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:02 pm

admiral47 wrote:Yes its exciting and and looks stronger, although for me there are a coupe of areas of convern-Wayne and his lack of pace and Danny Adams given that he is carrying at least 2 stone of extra weight. I know he is a quality footballer but its a long season and wonder if we last another one out. I would like to see Adam Yates in the squad - but is he leaving? Hopefully the team will have more pace around the park as last year that was a real concern with a couple of exceptions

Really, 2 stone??

It's easy to exaggerate when referring to Adams, I remember a game at the Pie last season where he skinned two places with ease!
Harry

Postby DTSJim » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Danny Adams if is the same size he was last season (although he could do with some kit that fits him, he looked like a dwarf yesterday).

I think sammy mac summed it up at the end of season do when he said 'he doesn't look like a footballer, but he's a goodun' (or something to that effect!).

He's a quality defender who I think is often underestimated by opposition players, which can only be to his advantage.
DTSJim

Postby c_lilly » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:07 am

Thank you DTS Jim - couldn't have put it better myself!
c_lilly

Return to General Discussion