£50,000 for twiss

£50,000 for twiss

Postby shakers08 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:10 am

Being confirmed on monday that he is signing for us,knilly showed him round the ground yesterday and shook hands on the deal, whats he like guys, only seem him twice and i remember the cracker for you against us at chrisitie park, any thoughts appreciated, cheers!
shakers08

Re: £50,000 for twiss

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:19 am

We all think he still has a lot to offer and, given the right environment, can be an exceptional player.
For a variety of reasons it's not quite been going right for him these past couple of seasons here but if he turns out to be a cracking signing for you then no-one at Morecambe will be in the least surprised.

I will say, though, that he needs to be played as a central striker to get the best out of him. He 'can' play in midfield (and perhaps that was the problem - because he's versatile he tended to get moved around instead of being given the striker position as his own for a long run) but it's up front where you'll see him shake off defenders and crack in a snap shot.
He has good pace over ten yards and can worm between defenders with close control.

We'll be watching out for him because he is a firm favourite here, has served us really well and, though we can understand why Sammy is letting him go, we all hope he will thrive with you next season.

Good luck Twissy and thanks for the very many great memories!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:32 am

shrimper wrote:He 'can' play in midfield (and perhaps that was the problem - because he's versatile he tended to get moved around instead of being given the striker position as his own for a long run)

That's exactly what I was going to write. It's a bit like Perks, who could play in different positions but never made one of them his own (after Michael Howard arrived). I would have liked to see Twissy given a good run up front or in the hole or even on the left wing but it wasn't to be.

I'm off to the bookies to put a few quid on him scoring for Bury the next time he plays at Christie Park!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm

good luck Twissy will look forward to seeing him next month a Christie Park 50k if a very godd price for him he has served us well since he has been here one again good luck and thankyou
heysham_mfc

Postby sandgrown » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:19 pm

very sad to lose you Michael, but oh boy what memories you have given us !
sandgrown

Postby Posh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Quite possibly the most powerful left foot in English football. His goal against Kidderminster in the FA Cup beat the keeper from 18 yards before he even flinched.

I've seen the goals on video but people remember the game against Cambridge United away as one of his finest matches. Goals and passes of awesome quality.

A great player who needs to play up front to deliver. No offence to Sammy but I think he's been wasted like he was under Mark Wright. Sammy has had the sense to sell him and it gives him another chance to show what he really can do.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 pm

ah yes the cambridge game posh....a great day 3 1 and two great twissy goals
the pass from perks and that volley was unbelieveable
a wonderful player who will be missed by us all for what he did for us
lets hope he can kickstart his career wherever he goes
hes in my all time 11 a great lad
good luck michael and yes thanks for the memories
cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:00 pm

Great player, great memories of watching him perform some Twissy magic,
a shot that could snap a crossbar! :o
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Another quality player gone , im absolutely gutted as someone else mentioned that goal against Kiddy was priceless and we have no one who can strike the ball as hard and as accurate as Twissy could.Lets just get rid of all our best players and keep the ones who cant score. :o :o :o
parceldave

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 pm

parceldave wrote:Another quality player gone , im absolutely gutted as someone else mentioned that goal against Kiddy was priceless and we have no one who can strike the ball as hard and as accurate as Twissy could.Lets just get rid of all our best players and keep the ones who cant score. :o :o :o

come on dave we will move on mate
we used to get taken up and down the m6 at break neck speeds but we had to adapt.... :lol: :lol:
we thought it would never be the same again
mind you can you do bournemouth 251108..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
we will miss these lads but as they go we get another crop of great players
the board havent let us down yet have they?
onwards and upwards and dont forget we need formula one to bournemouth not formula62mph
Shrimpsscene

Postby parceldave » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
parceldave wrote:Another quality player gone , im absolutely gutted as someone else mentioned that goal against Kiddy was priceless and we have no one who can strike the ball as hard and as accurate as Twissy could.Lets just get rid of all our best players and keep the ones who cant score. :o :o :o

we used to get taken up and down the m6 at break neck speeds but we had to adapt.... :lol: :lol:
onwards and upwards and dont forget we need formula one to bournemouth not formula62mph

If im given the right van i will get you there in 4 hrs cos i suppose you will want a piss. :lol: :lol: :lol: . Im still going to miss Twissy though , he dont have many tap in's do he . I think its fair to say he has scored some of our best goals :cry:
parceldave

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:43 pm

parceldave wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:

If im given the right van i will get you there in 4 hrs cos i suppose you will want a piss. :lol: :lol: :lol: . Im still going to miss Twissy though , he dont have many tap in's do he . I think its fair to say he has scored some of our best goals :cry:

depends on the tyres as to piss stops son... :lol: :lol:
agree with you on twissy
we remember his great moments dont we always great goals with that left foot
good luck to michael
see ya soon mate
Shrimpsscene

Postby Harry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:56 pm

2 of our best goals last season...

Twiss v Bury
Baker v Stockport

pattern?
Harry

Postby Neil G » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:14 am

I don't mean to start off by sounding disrespectful to MT because he's given us some glorious moments and personally he's one of my all time favourite signings but I honestly think his head went down too early too often last season and he just didn't look up for the challenge of the league, apart from that fantastic performance as lone striker at Wolves his body language has been all wrong, this could have been down to later being played out of position or down to personal stuff, or both, who knows. One thing is for sure a move to Bury could kick start his career and playing closer to home could be just the tonic, if Michael returns to the kind of form we all know he is capable of then Bury will certainly have themselves an outstanding player.
All the best Michael, Hull City was your most memorable goal for me and the day I met your very proud and loyal dad. Don't be coming back here and biting us on the bum now will you :lol:
Neil G

Return to General Discussion