Baker,Thommo,Twiss

Baker,Thommo,Twiss

Postby TenerifeShrimp » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:10 pm

With Thommo Signing For Scunthorpe And Baker Signing For Stockport.
Also With Twiss On The Verge Of Signing For Bury Then Does Anyone Else Feel We Are Loosing Possibly The Three Best Players We Have Seen At Christie Park Over The Last Few Seasons?

If The Deal For Twiss To Bury Is Finalised Then Surely We Will Be Enquiring About A Left Sided Midfielder. With Money To Spend We Could Be Talking About A Quality Player.

Curtis - Got Us To Wembley Where We Achieved Promotion But Last Year Didn't Really Play As Much As He Had Wished.

Wainwright - Natural Right Winger But Would Like To See What He Can Do Down The Left.
Sammy Mac's Barmy Army
TenerifeShrimp

Re: Baker,Thommo,Twiss

Postby james456 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:14 pm

I think that the team is stronger if anything.

Yes, we have lost some key players but the team has been strengthened overall. Instead of relying on a couple of flair players to win games for us, I think that we have a lot of consistant players in midfield who can score goals and arent afraid to take a shot. The defence has been given more depth and I think we are stronger up front and have strikers who can actually score! (Something we really lacked last season - hence our poor goal difference).

The team and possibly our playing style will be very different this season. And I like the way things are going - we already look like a team capable of sustaining a place in the league and maybe we will be ready to push for promotion sooner then expected.

We do need a left winger, though :)
james456

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm

players come and go
the team looks strong and possibly with more changes to come even stronger
future is bright for us me thinks
good luck to those who have left especially for me thommo and twissy
and much more importantly a big big welcome to those who are here for our campaign next season
onwards and upwards

its all about Morecambe FC................

well done sammy and the board
Shrimpsscene

Postby CASS » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:05 pm

[quote="Shrimpsscene"]
future is bright /quote]
And the future is ORANGE between the sticks
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby wijit » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 pm

We have lost three very useful and influential players. But I have no doubt whatsoever that Sammy isn't of a mind to do this without having an equally good, if not better back up plan.

Very best of luck to those who have left, but in their hearts, they know they'll never meet better supporters! :lol:
wijit

Postby Curly » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:10 pm

We've lost three great players but gained others too!
Parrish, Carr, Wainwright, O'Carrol.
Players come and go, but our squad looks like we could cause a few upsets.
Hope we sign Simon Wiles, looked tricky on the wing against Doncaster.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 pm

my tangerine colleagues in blackpool always liked wiles
long as he stays injury free we have a chance of getting a good un
injuries put him down the pecking order but they still rate him as one to pick out
like ade thought he did well
Shrimpsscene

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:34 pm

I think we've just lost three of the four players who, from last season (and I include Joe Lewis in this), were the type to help us win games against the better sides we played, like Peterborough, Hereford, Stockport and Wolves.

But I think Sammy is replacing them with several who may just ensure we don't lose games against the likes of Macclesfield, Accrington, Dagenham etc (and no disrespect to them but, though they all beat us, they weren't as good as us overall last season and I don't think many would expect them to do anything much this season either).

And I think he's hoping that we will win games by the odd goal that last season we were drawing.

If we'd had the consistency to do that last season, then we wouldn't have needed to beat any of the top sides to get into the play-offs.

And, from what he's been saying, the transfer ins and outs may not be quite finished yet...!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 pm

always the best time of the season this...............
well maybe not..... more work to get stuff prepared for next season
i keep confusing mccann and ocarroll for starters
we're certainly going to need a guide to whos who and as you say it hasnt finished yet..... 8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 pm

i keep confusing mccann and ocarroll for starters

You're not the only one :oops:
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion