Cole Stockton transfer value

Re: Cole Stockton transfer value

Postby redrobo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Dion Charles had effectively been banished from ever appearing again by Stanley so any reasonable offer for him was likely to have been accepted.

Way back last year a figure of in access of £1million was offered by Peterboro but was rejected at which time Dion then refused to play any further games for Accy. As a result he was banished by Stanley.

Bolton have effectively got him 'cut price' which is an excellent piece of business by them.
redrobo

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Oh really?!

Let’s hope Cole nor any of our players put us in that situation. Can’t see it with Cole thankfully. We also seem to be a club more than willing to let players move up when the time and money is right. Let’s just hope we gauge both of those correctly here. I must admit 500k seems low. My worry is we will rightfully stand firm at that. Then at the 11th hour a club desperate for a striker to change their season will pay it
Pandashrimp

Postby SEASIDECLARET » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:15 pm

Just a couple of points, the figure of £500,000 is one being quoted by the sports “gossip” media people, it isn’t something that is in any way official. It is they who have decided on that valuation not MFC.

Also, whilst the club has enjoyed various increased revenue streams over the past 7/8 months I think it pure speculation to say that the club “ the club does not need the cash”. I have always believed that one persons speculation leads to other people believing it as fact, when clearly that isn’t true!
SEASIDECLARET

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:10 pm

SEASIDECLARET wrote:
I have always believed that one persons speculation leads to other people believing it as fact, when clearly that isn’t true!

But... ...but...

...without wild, inaccurate speculation, there would be no need for this forum! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby vvm » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm

I think 1 million should be the figure we look for in the summer. Would be a good amount to invest in further securing our place in league one or trying to bounce back up again from league 2.
vvm

Postby sandgrown » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:04 pm

just read today that 19 year old defender James Hill of Fleetwood is going to Bournemouth for £1.6m.

so where does that leave Stocktons value ?
sandgrown

Previous

Return to General Discussion