Sorry if I said wrong thing just really frustrated

See you all at Crewe
Redalert1970

Re: Donny 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE Match Thread

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Sorry if I said wrong thing just really frustrated

See you all at Crewe

No problem, we all find it frustrating.

Too many misplaced passes and not enough creativity. I thought Cole was going to grab an equaliser right at the death.

We definitely need to improve, but there wasn't much in it and Rovers will feel they were fortunate today. Just typical that they got their good luck when they came up against us.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 pm

feel the 3 man midfield isn't working for us.
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Yet another set piece and that after we've supposed to have been working on them.

My picture froze as soon as Adam gave the ball away so can't comment on who or what was the problem with yet another set piece.

Move on to Crewe who are not having the best starts BUT it's only 8 games into a season so (hopefully) plenty of game time to sort things out but as much at hates for me to say it, I doubt this set of defensive nightmares would not have happened under DA's management where our defensive organisation was excellent and that is not having a pop at SR who is more attack minded thankfully.

Whatever happens going forward I'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MY TEAM COME WHAT MAY....as I've always done for the past 65 years..... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Sounds like Wooton had a decent game which is a bonus

Frustrating thing for me is we have lost 4 games and all by 1 goals so not that far away
Redalert1970

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 pm

We definitely deserved something from that today. Their keeper was man of the match with two great saves plus he got a great chunk of luck when he wasn't penalised for his foul in the first half. In the second half Cole struck a powerful shot which looked goal bound till Phillips managed to get in the way of it. They fed off scraps but got the crucial goal.

Trouble is it's becoming a common theme and we should also not have lost v Gills away and Wimbledon, Preston and Everton at home.

Obika training on the pitch pre match but heavily strapped on one leg and looks to be a way off full fitness yet.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm

Very much doubt Obika will be back before Xmas

Ayunga maybe in a couple of weeks
Redalert1970

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:57 am

Not seen the pen incident but by all accounts stonewall and the ref clearly missed it
glagys

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 am

glagys wrote:Not seen the pen incident but by all accounts stonewall and the ref clearly missed it

And linesman, who must have had a clear view of it. One of the worst decisions you'll see all season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby sandgrown » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:48 am

Andy D wrote:feel the 3 man midfield isn't working for us.

we've looked short in midfield for most games for me.

Phillips is too good to be on the bench !
Last edited by sandgrown on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
sandgrown

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:00 am

sandgrown wrote:

we've looked short in midfield for most games for me !

Unfortunately we've never replaced Yan and his defensive capabilities.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:21 am

redrobo wrote:Unfortunately we've never replaced Yan and his defensive capabilities.

Which is ironic, because he's not even got off the bench in Bradford's last three games!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:35 am

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Unfortunately we've never replaced Yan and his defensive capabilities.

Which is ironic, because he's not even got off the bench in Bradford's last three games!
#

Is he not injured....?????

I'd have him back even on loan but can't see DA allowing him to return to us even in the transfer window.

I suspect that SR will be looking into those defenders currently without a club as direct replacements for our current bunch and possibly making some available for loans to clubs in the National league which I think is allowed.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:52 pm

sandgrown wrote:

we've looked short in midfield for most games for me.

Phillips is too good to be on the bench !

Midfield needs sorting. Shane Mc is brilliant but he can't be both a ball winner and the one making the runs in to the box. Toums is a must. Alfie is tidy and skillful but doesn't contribute enough, gives it away cheaply. We need to get both Adam and Aaron in to the side but it will probably be one or the other. Derek had the midfield balanced brilliantly but we are struggling with it this season.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:56 pm

We also need to get Aaron back into the starting 11 and get him scoring goals once again. DA had him playing in a more advanced role which enabled him to get a good quota of goals from midfield.

Maybe it's up to Aaron to suggest to SR that he can contribute more by playing regularly and in a more advanced role.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:42 pm

redrobo wrote:Is he not injured....?????

I think that was earlier in the season. He's certainly been on the bench for all the games.

BerlinWaller wrote:Midfield needs sorting. Shane Mc is brilliant but he can't be both a ball winner and the one making the runs in to the box. Toums is a must. Alfie is tidy and skillful but doesn't contribute enough, gives it away cheaply. We need to get both Adam and Aaron in to the side but it will probably be one or the other. Derek had the midfield balanced brilliantly but we are struggling with it this season.

I'd agree with this. I'm hoping that it is still 'early days' and the creative, final ball will come. Similarly to McDonald, showing improvement in most games, hopefully we will be gelling more over the next few games. Having Wildig & Phillips back to full fitness will help.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:18 am

Just seen the penalty incident cannot understand how the ref gave nothing, well a goal kick

And he’s in charge at Rochdale today
So the powers that be must think he did a decent job last week :?:
glagys

Postby Crazeenick » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 am

glagys wrote:Just seen the penalty incident cannot understand how the ref gave nothing, well a goal kick :?:

Could you please post a link that shows the penalty incident? I can't find a video clip that includes it.
Crazeenick

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:17 am

They showed on quest football last Saturday, didn’t feature in the highlights but they showed it after when they discussed it
glagys

Previous

Return to General Discussion