League Two Playoffs

League Two Playoffs

Postby lancaster shrimp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am

Does anyone know when or when the two legged semi final dates are? Or when the dates are to be announced?
lancaster shrimp

Re: League Two Playoffs

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 am

Not sure but if I'm correct stadia is able to let fans back in from 17 May . The season finishes on the 8th so fans may just miss out on seeing a play off game live.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Postby ianmcm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:39 pm

L2 play-off final currently scheduled for 28.5. Be great to avoid it of course!
ianmcm

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Lets be careful guys ... We might not even make the play offs yet ???

Lots of work to do yet - few teams closing the gap below us (Carlisle, Orient and Newport)
Redalert1970

Postby ianmcm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm

By which I mean that the semi-finals would have to be between the 8th. of May and the 28th. Maybe 11.5 and 14.5, though that would leave a long wait until the final.
ianmcm

Postby ianmcm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:49 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Lets be careful guys ... We might not even make the play offs yet ???

Lots of work to do yet - few teams closing the gap below us (Carlisle, Orient and Newport)

Indeed, caution is always advisable but then so is belief sometimes.
ianmcm

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm

I agree Ian

3 / 4 wins from last 7 should be enough for play offs
Redalert1970

Postby lancaster shrimp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Lets be careful guys ... We might not even make the play offs yet ???

Correct, but Newport have a hard run in on paper and i would also have points on the bored this stage of the season
lancaster shrimp

Postby AndyReifman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:22 pm

ianmcm wrote:L2 play-off final currently scheduled for 28.5. Be great to avoid it of course!

Of course this would be the season we'd get there too. I told myself several years ago if we made it to Wembley I'd be there.
AndyReifman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 am

lancaster shrimp wrote:Does anyone know when or when the two legged semi final dates are? Or when the dates are to be announced?

Last game 8th May.

FA Cup final 15th May, government planning pilots for a semi final with 4000 fans. (Chelsea v Man City 17th April?)

Bank Holiday play off finals wkend 29th May.

Should be Saturday/Tuesday, but who knows in this Covid world, they will be banging their heads together with protocols for crowd or no crowd.

Only 2 Saturdays, 15th or 22nd, I would guess the 15th
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:14 am

What's the likely hood of a certain former player / legend coming back to haunt us in the play offs or even a Wembley final.... :?: :?: :?:

He's done it once this season so it could well happen as both clubs are in contention for the play offs.

redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:38 am

redrobo wrote:What's the likely hood of a certain former player / legend coming back to haunt us in the play offs or even a Wembley final.... :?: :?: :?:

He's done it once this season so it could well happen as both clubs are in contention for the play offs.

Mullin or Ellison could both haunt us in the play-offs although Mullin never achieved Legend status.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
redrobo wrote:What's the likely hood of a certain former player / legend coming back to haunt us in the play offs or even a Wembley final.... :?: :?: :?:

Mullin or Ellison could both haunt us in the play-offs although Mullin never achieved Legend status.
Mullin wasn't fancied by a previous manager, he didn't fancy Amond or Miller or Devitt or Redshaw most of the time either!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Posh » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Mullin wasn't fancied by a previous manager, he didn't fancy Amond or Miller or Devitt or Redshaw most of the time either!!

A few facts then.

Mullin was heavily used as a substitute by Jim Bentley. However, at both Swindon and Tranmere he played a greater proportion of starts as a sub than in the starting lineup. https://www.soccerbase.com/players/play ... r_id=70542.

Miller and Devitt started the vast majority of their appearances. Both players were offered contracts to stay but only left when a former Director decided to reduce the offer.

Redshaw did start about 30% of appearances from the bench. However, almost all of these were when he joined or when he came back from injury. He was sold for good money.

Redshaw kept out Amond for some games, and I’d argue is the only player Jim “didn’t fancy”. With a tight budget and three forwards, he let Amond go.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Mullin wasn't fancied by a previous manager, he didn't fancy Amond or Miller or Devitt or Redshaw most of the time either!!

Not sure where this bizarre notion comes from that JB didn't fancy these players.

To reiterate some of the points Posh made - JB tied Mullin down with a three year contract initially. When Swindon signed him at the end of that contract, they had to pay a fee which I believe only happens for U23 players if they are offered a new contract by their current club? And I'm pretty sure JB once mentioned we got a sell-on fee when he joined Tranmere, so he obviously rated him enough to think he would fetch a fee in the future.

Amond played 82 games for us over two seasons. He left and made way for Miller (the highest scorer in a single season under JB) and Barkhuizen (probably the best player we've had since Duffy). They formed a strike force with Devitt (who played loads under JB) and Mullin which was the most potent of the Bentley era. And Redshaw played a lot for us before fetching a fee from Blackpool!
Little Shrimp

Postby Posh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 am

This ^

I was being polite. There’s good players in there that were all found and great for us.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion