Mark, Sammy this is truly FANTASTIC!!!

Mark, Sammy this is truly FANTASTIC!!!

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:48 pm

I thought I'd start the thread off for Negative Ned, who on the basis of us beating a Championship team must surely now be as high as a kite and placing his life savings on us to win Division Two!!!

When he gets home after worshiping the feet of Sammy and telling his friend the Chairman what a fantastic season we're going to have, I'm sure he'll tell us all about it in breathless tones...

...probably :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Mark, Sammy this is truely FANTASTIC!!!

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Negative Ned was clearly just out fishing, hence his username.
durhamshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Klever Keith? :lol:

Whoooooosh
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Like the title of this thread IT WAS TRULY FANTASTIC!!!!

That was the best £8 quid i've ever spent for what I received in return from that team tonight, Youth, Experience and tenacity were all on show and any fears about Thommo and Baker moving on have been erased.
The rearguard was majestic, Danny Adams what can I say? IMMENSE! Jimbo and Arts Brilliant but Parrish Bloody marvellous!
Michael Carr snapping away at anything in his path and O'Carroll showed just how good he is and scored a screamer.
The player I couldn't help but notice was our number 7 Simon Wiles, Tricky, Pacey and must be signed up because he's Tremendous

I was stood behind Sammy and Mark tonight after wanting to see a game from the managers perspective and must say this teams as immaculate as the pair running it

Thank you one and all for a terrific nights entertainment
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:32 pm

the lads out on the pitch where having some good banter too :D
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:34 pm

you just had to be there............. 8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Forgot to mention Fraser :oops:
Another brilliant contribution from an outstanding player ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Ned » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Very pleased with tonight's performance and even if we had lost there was enough positives to take from the game unlike Saturday. It was reassuring that the management team are on the same wave length as they identified and addressed the specific problem areas.
I cannot continue posting positivity as it brings me out in a cold sweat and CB1 will not be amused.
Ned

Postby Mark S » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Very pleased with tonight's performance and even if we had lost there was enough positives to take from the game unlike Saturday. It was reassuring that the management team are on the same wave length as they identified and addressed the specific problem areas.
I cannot continue posting positivity as it brings me out in a cold sweat and CB1 will not be amused.

:o :o

:D
Mark S

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Very pleased with tonight's performance and even if we had lost there was enough positives to take from the game unlike Saturday. It was reassuring that the management team are on the same wave length as they identified and addressed the specific problem areas.

Welcome to the real world of MFC :o
HALMA 1983

Postby Curly » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:12 pm

Hope they do sign Simon Wiles, never put a foot wrong in first half, looked tricky too.
Parrish great throughout.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Negative Ned wrote:I cannot continue posting positivity as it brings me out in a cold sweat...

:shock:

Bloody hell, it must have been good! :D

Negative Ned wrote:...and CB1 will not be amused.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Keith wrote:
Negative Ned wrote:I cannot continue posting positivity as it brings me out in a cold sweat...

:shock:

Bloody hell, it must have been good! :D

Negative Ned wrote:...and CB1 will not be amused.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As stated previous you just had to be there and to think of all those poor sods that decided not to turn up in favour of watching some crap on the box
You don't know what you missed! :roll:
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 am

Negative Ned wrote:It was reassuring that the management team are on the same wave length as they identified and addressed the specific problem areas.

I have it on very good authority that the chairman just reads your posts and then hauls the management team into his office to instruct them accordingly. But then, with your connections, you'll already know all that.

:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 am

Curly wrote:Hope they do sign Simon Wiles, never put a foot wrong in first half, looked tricky too.
Parrish great throughout.

I nearly put my foot in it last night (what again I hear the shouts :lol: ) when I started on about 'that right back didn't look up to it on Saturday' referring of course to McCann, 'cause who was within ear shot but Parrish's father...whoops! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks to Phoenix I was quickly introduced to Parrish Snr who was standing next to Phoenix's box prior to the game.

We met again during the match as he was sat behind me in the stand, encouraging his lad as well as others throughout and could provide vocal opposition to a certain John Traynor! :o :o :o

After the game we had a brief chat and he seemed impressed with what he had seen but more to the point he said the Bury will regret loosing his son. OK fatherly talk, but there where signs last night that we've found a more than adequate replacement for Yates IF he decides that his future is elsewhere.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Mark, Sammy this is truly FANTASTIC!!!

Postby Raeyes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:54 am

Don't read too much into the results or performances of pre-season. Two words, Dean Howell.
Raeyes

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks to Phoenix I was quickly introduced to Parrish Snr

Only because you were about to comment on McCann but said Parrish by mistake :lol: :lol: I could have said nothing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Really impressed last night. We played a strong Doncaster side with experience all over (Neil Sullivan in goal for instance - good banter with the fans too) We looked very compact, as said by others Wiles on the right looked fantastic.another game to avoid rushing to judgement, but on last nights form looks like a good player. very impressed with parrish as a right back, frasers clearing up infront of the back four was outstanding. Carr, the forgotten summer signing, OMG - how good is he? and a last mention in dispatches for me has to go to the front two. Blinks and O'Carroll worked really well together, good pace and power, held up the play really well and the goal was a really good take. Those who only saw us against Preston are think we're doomed would have been greatly encouraged by last night.

Hats off to Sammy and Mark.

Best of luck to Carl and Michael. The club moves forward.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby james456 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Am I the only one who thought Wiles was a bit crap?
james456

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

james456 wrote:Am I the only one who thought Wiles was a bit crap?

I thought he did ok
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 pm

I thought he did well but nothing special. Thought Paul Lloyd would have got a chance on the right.
Harry

Postby fretz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm

talking to wiles after he came off says he as had an injury and nowhere near fully fit yet lets see what hes like after a couple of games :roll:
fretz

Postby shrimper » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Wiles looked very capable to me. Didn't try anything too rash but had good ball control, worked hard up and down the line, getting back to cover, and put in some good crosses when they were appropriate.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:34 pm

It's been said on here a few times as to how you see a game differently depending where you stand and it's true, my usual vantage point is from the top of the North but last night I decided to stand near the tunnel and found be closer to the action alot more exciting.
So I got to see Wiles at close hand and he worked his heart out up and down that wing not to mention the very useful crosses he whipped in, better than good IMO

On the down side of being near the dugouts I was distracted by Wayno passing in front of my view and missed the goal, Sometimes you just have to take someone elses word as to how good it was :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Mental-Jeebys » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Sammy has mentioned that he is not interested in results during pre season, but he must have been very pleased with the performance last night. I couldn't make the mid week games last week and i also missed saturday as i was away for the weekend, so last night was my first game of what i hope is another interesting, encouraging and enjoyable season.

I've heard and read about peoples views, with regards to the three previous outings but on last nights evidence, the team/squad is looking in good shape and put on a good show. The new lads all looked very capable and put in good performances. I know its only early and some of you lot have seen more games than me, but they all look like good additions to the squad on last nights evidence. The team may have lost the tricks and flicks of Baker and the power and pace of Thompson, which im sure any team in league two would miss, but overall they played some good stuff last night and created a few chances for a strong looking partnership in Blinkhorn and the ex Celtic boy, who impressed me and also took his goal well. The team looked strong, fit and worked hard all over. Its good to see the likes of Frazer and Mr Drummond coming back to full fitness after big injuries, the back four was solid infront of Roche and Davies when he came on, Carr looked good and seems to cover alot of ground in the middle of the park. There was plenty of positives throughout and i went away from the ground pretty pleased with what i saw. Looking forward to more of the same on Saturday hopefully.
Mental-Jeebys

Next

Return to General Discussion