Songo'o alleged homophobic comment

Re: Songo'o alleged homophobic comment

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I'm not 100% on this kind of thing, but would he be available after his initial red card ban of three matches is up? Then a further ban would kick in whenever a punishment is decided on?

I think it would be a very poor look from the club to play him whilst he's being accused of homophobic abuse. Now he has been charged by the FA is it time for the club to suspend him pending an internal investigation?
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:47 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:I'm not 100% on this kind of thing, but would he be available after his initial red card ban of three matches is up? Then a further ban would kick in whenever a punishment is decided on?

I think it would be a very poor look from the club to play him whilst he's being accused of homophobic abuse. Now he has been charged by the FA is it time for the club to suspend him pending an internal investigation?

Looks to me as though you've found him guilty even though the incident is still not proven.

I always thought you are innocent until found guilty.... :o

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:56 pm

redrobo wrote:
tim-sanchez wrote:

Looks to me as though you've found him guilty even though the incident is still not proven.

No, as has been pointed out to you multiple times suspending an employee is common practice whilst they are under investigation. It is not a presumption of guilt, but done to protect the employer and employee.

It's clear this isn't being dropped or going to just disappear if we ignore it, which seems to have been the club's approach so far.
tim-sanchez

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:45 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:
redrobo wrote:Looks to me as though you've found him guilty even though the incident is still not proven.

No, as has been pointed out to you multiple times suspending an employee is common practice whilst they are under investigation. It is not a presumption of guilt, but done to protect the employer and employee.

It's clear this isn't being dropped or going to just disappear if we ignore it, which seems to have been the club's approach so far.

He's not going to listen Tim :evil: Anyone suggesting such an action is part of a lynch mob apparently.

The club said it would be issuing a statement after receiving the referee's report. He's taking his time in providing it :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Born again Bill » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:02 pm

I presume the games he is missing now will be taken into account when he eventually gets his ban ?
Born again Bill

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Born again Bill wrote:I presume the games he is missing now will be taken into account when he eventually gets his ban ?

I think that is how it works. Automatic three match ban that the FA may choose to extend if found guilty of the charges brought.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:30 am

So we’ve learnt this morning that Songo’o only received a 2-match ban for his actions, and as Derek points out in The Visitor, he’s available for Saturday.
RapidShrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:30 am

Blimey, didn't realise it was just two matches.

If he is in consideration to play, I think we really do need some kind of statement from the club prior to tomorrow's game.
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:32 pm

From the Bradford match day thread:

BHmfc wrote:Disgraceful comments Keith. Are you saying that all the worthy causes the club has supported over the years, including mental health, kick it out, cancer care, rainbow laces and many, many others to which I have contributed to on collection days, are just meaningless. To say it is an 'empty gesture' will cause great distress to all the people who organise these days and all the people who are happy to donate. I think apologies are in order. PS Let the FA investigate all the facts and then make a judgement regarding Songo'o. Too many people are acting as judge and juror without knowing the facts.

We do know the facts...
There are two types of people;
1. Those who can extrapolate information from incomplete data.

Try some logic.

Clubs can appeal red cards if they believe they were issued unfairly.
Songo'o was sent off for using 'foul & abusive language'.
If Songo'o claimed not to have used the word, or had used a different word but been misheard, then the club would have appealed the red card and original two match suspension.
Not appealing it suggests they accept the red card was issued correctly.
The club said they would issue a statement following receipt of the referee's report. We're still waiting.

In any reasonable line of work, someone accused of homophobic language towards a co-worker (or anyone else) they would be suspended on full pay, awaiting an investigation. If a member of my staff called someone a "faggot", they would definitely be suspended.

Suspension is a neutral act, designed to protect the employer & employee

If the club has carried out an investigation, then issue the statement and explain what action is taking place.
If the club hasn't carried out an investigation, but chose to allow Songo'o to play, then I stand by my comment, that gestures, such as 'rainbow laces' are exactly that, 'gestures'.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Time to give it a rest Keith. You've appointed yourself both judge and jury and we all know by now what your belief is.

Let the FA do their job and IF he's proven guilty then he will correctly serve his time BUT until then just give it a rest.....PLEASE... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:00 pm

redrobo wrote:Time to give it a rest Keith. You've appointed yourself both judge and jury and we all know by now what your belief is.

Let the FA do their job and IF he's proven guilty then he will correctly serve his time BUT until then just give it a rest.....PLEASE... :!: :!: :!:

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO RAISED IT THIS EVENING!!!

redrobo wrote:Superb to see Songo back in the starting line up. :) :) :)

DA on Radio Lancashire would not make any comment about what action if any the FA could take next Wednesday where Songo has requested a personal hearing to give his side of the charge.

Respect DA for not commenting to the Media on the matter.

You want to pass your opinion but not have any alternative opinions shared.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:36 pm

But Keith you are passing judgement on something that it yet to be proven....that is my point. :o
redrobo

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:52 pm

redrobo wrote:But Keith you are passing judgement on something that it yet to be proven....that is my point. :o

Did we appeal the two match suspension, or did we accept it?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:04 am

Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:35 pm

Facebook is a US lead platform, therefore they will be unfamiliar with the Midlands delicacies, and will jump to the conclusion that it’s homophobic maybe?

Not really in the same sphere for me!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Freez wrote:Facebook is a US lead platform, therefore they will be unfamiliar with the Midlands delicacies, and will jump to the conclusion that it’s homophobic maybe?

I wasn't suggesting it was. Just showing how some words have different meanings in different cultures/countries.
I remember elderly relatives using rolled up newspaper to light the fire and these were then called faggots.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Freez wrote:Facebook is a US lead platform, therefore they will be unfamiliar with the Midlands delicacies, and will jump to the conclusion that it’s homophobic maybe?

We’ve got to remember Yann is a native French speaker, so this does have some relation in terms of cultural differences.
RapidShrimp

Postby Freez » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:09 pm

An article pulled from the net about food is similar? Mmm not too sure but whatever, at least we have a statement now!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:59 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I wasn't suggesting it was. Just showing how some words have different meanings in different cultures/countries.
I remember elderly relatives using rolled up newspaper to light the fire and these were then called faggots.

Wilful ignorance on your part is what it is.
Joel Ninety

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 am

Joel Ninety wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Wilful ignorance on your part is what it is.

Woke stupidity will be your excuse.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby glagys » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29 am

So what was the result ??
he had until 24th to respond??
Not heard anything yet??
glagys

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:04 am

I checked the FA Website earlier but nothing on there as of yet !!!

We will all know if Songo`o plays tomorrow
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I checked the FA Website earlier but nothing on there as of yet !!!

We will all know if Songo`o plays tomorrow

As I understand it, the 24th was the date by which Songo'o needed to respond to the charge, not the date of any hearing. A hearing date hadn't been set [although it may have been by now?]

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Written evidence supplied to the FA and the club are now waiting for a reply.
redrobo

Postby sandgrown » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:56 pm

gone very quiet from the hang him brigade !
sandgrown

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion