Stadiums to reopen

Stadiums to reopen

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks Boris for saying that all being well stadiums can reopen to live sports from 17 May.....just as our season has finished.....but possibly play offs... :?: :?: :?:

Cheers for nothing.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... t-covid-19
redrobo

Re: Stadiums to reopen

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 pm

redrobo wrote:Thanks Boris for saying that all being well stadiums can reopen to live sports from 17 May.....just as our season has finished.....but possibly play offs... :?: :?: :?:

Frustrating, but did you expect anything else given the current, and past, situations?

We’ll be back for L1 anyway ;)
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Be nice to have a centenary party or a big do for the POTY awards
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:29 pm

redrobo wrote:Thanks Boris for saying that all being well stadiums can reopen to live sports from 17 May.....just as our season has finished.....but possibly play offs... :?: :?: :?:

I think that is one of the most stupid, childish statements. There is far more at stake here than being present at football matches....even if it is our beloved team.
black morse

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Not sure why people are complaining at being able to go see the play-off final 8-)
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Not sure why people are complaining at being able to go see the play-off final 8-)

The ones that complain we were let out too soon will be the same ones moaning we are let out too late this time....

If we do get to Wembley, as you say, then we will also get to see us in the qualifying games, was it home and away last season , cant remember
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:57 pm

If this is the date we are working towards, why don't the football authorities look to move the fixtures back so every club can at least have one home fixture with their spectators?

Football is nothing without fans and I think it will be a nice gesture, particularly for all the fans that bought season tickets to help keep their club going.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am

I hope I'm very wrong, but I fear the roadmap could all turn turtle.....the Human Race is far too demanding, argumentative, and basically stupid.

First thing that needs doing is to reel-in the media, any feck-ups by either the authorities or the general public will get blown out of all proportion, there's plenty of that still to come.

While it seems much of the world is too busy fighting or in internal conflict, thus making Covid almost impossible to stem, I really can't see foreign travel taking off any time soon.

Mother Earth is having a laugh at us mortals.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby black morse » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 am

Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:I hope I'm very wrong, but I fear the roadmap could all turn turtle.....the Human Race is far too demanding, argumentative, and basically stupid.

First thing that needs doing is to reel-in the media, any feck-ups by either the authorities or the general public will get blown out of all proportion, there's plenty of that still to come.

While it seems much of the world is too busy fighting or in internal conflict, thus making Covid almost impossible to stem, I really can't see foreign travel taking off any time soon.

A lot of truth I'm that Scouseport. The decline in daily cases already shows signs of stalling. It may be a blip but it is worrying!
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:52 pm

black morse wrote:
Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:I hope I'm very wrong, but I fear the roadmap could all turn turtle.....the Human Race is far too demanding, argumentative, and basically stupid.

A lot of truth I'm that Scouseport. The decline in daily cases already shows signs of stalling. It may be a blip but it is worrying!

When you "cases" do you actually mean people that have tested positive for the virus?
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:19 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
black morse wrote:

When you "cases" do you actually mean people that have tested positive for the virus?

Yes.
black morse

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm

I think one of, if not the, most important figure is people in hospital. I'm sure I heard there's a backlog of something like 10 million people waiting for treatment/surgery which are not Covid-related, but because of the demands on the NHS these are getting pushed further and further back. This includes cancer treatments/investigation, so it literally could be life and death for some people. Until the figures for people in hospital get down to sensible, manageable levels, restrictions will still be in place to try to keep the load on the NHS under control.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I think one of, if not the, most important figure is people in hospital. I'm sure I heard there's a backlog of something like 10 million people waiting for treatment/surgery which are not Covid-related, but because of the demands on the NHS these are getting pushed further and further back. This includes cancer treatments/investigation, so it literally could be life and death for some people. Until the figures for people in hospital get down to sensible, manageable levels, restrictions will still be in place to try to keep the load on the NHS under control.

Exactly. It is incredible that this still needs to be explained...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I think one of, if not the, most important figure is people in hospital. I'm sure I heard there's a backlog of something like 10 million people waiting for treatment/surgery which are not Covid-related, but because of the demands on the NHS these are getting pushed further and further back. This includes cancer treatments/investigation, so it literally could be life and death for some people. Until the figures for people in hospital get down to sensible, manageable levels, restrictions will still be in place to try to keep the load on the NHS under control.

Might be worth copying and pasting the latest figures published by the BMA, and not numbers from a Guardian article over 8 months old.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm

16,000 people in hospital with Covid as of today so you would think that with 1,300,000 employees, the NHS would be able to cope.
BerlinWaller

Postby Bare bum » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:14 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:16,000 people in hospital with Covid as of today so you would think that with 1,300,000 employees, the NHS would be able to cope.

Are you lonesome BW? Do you want someone to respond to you?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 pm

I suppose that is how forums generally work isn't it?

Enjoy the game? What a job Derek is doing eh?
BerlinWaller

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:16,000 people in hospital with Covid as of today so you would think that with 1,300,000 employees, the NHS would be able to cope.

B.W. Let's not forget the N.H.S. is top heavy so most of those 1.3 mill are non medical staff. Then you have medical that deal with other areas. So all in all there are very few staff coping with a still large number of Covid patients.
jbc.shrimp

Return to General Discussion