Boardroom Update | New club vision & strategy

Boardroom Update | New club vision & strategy

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 pm

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/february/boardroom-update/

The phrase “Goodbye Little Old Morecambe” has been heard regularly over the last 12 months, and it neatly encapsulates the club's more ambitious and focused approach to aim higher and be better in all areas, on and off the pitch.

The Vision forms the headline of the strategy:

“To be a competitive and sustainable League One club by 2024”

The club have also released the new badge for 2021/22 and beyond... looks brilliant!
RapidShrimp

Re: Boardroom Update | New club vision & strategy

Postby Screenster » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:41 pm

That is first class from the board, exactly the kind of ambition we want to see! Even if we don't go up this year I believe a top half finish is on the cards and sets the foundations for next season nicely.
Screenster

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:10 pm

There were people on here that didn't want change, that were happy to just plod along at the bottom of League 2. I got so much abuse from these people, they told me to go and watch another team if I didn't like it. Well, this is a different team and a different club. Derek, James and Charlie have brought new life in to this club and I f*cking love it. The owners with the help of Rod(The Rod Taylor Stand is a must) and Graham kept the club alive and now we are pushing for League1. What a day.
BerlinWaller

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:18 pm

This is sounding good,
onwards & upwards!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.6 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby tim-sanchez » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm

A really bold statement, great to see! I'd be curious to know where it leaves our owners?

In the midst of all the covid doom & gloom I think it's great that our club have released such a positive message.

I love the new crest as well, blend of old and new.
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Simply superb news and I want to be a part of it if only from my seat in the stadium..... :lol:

A comment from our owners would be most welcome.... :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by redrobo on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby BigRedOne » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Great statement, well done to all involved, the new badge is far classier than the old one. Onwards and Upwards.
BigRedOne

Postby AndyReifman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Huge fan of the new badge and this mindset, everything points to a bright future for the club.
AndyReifman

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Deja vous... i recall someone else saying the same thing a few years ago.

Hopefully the new regime will complete the task, get a goalscorer and we can succeed in much less time
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Deja vous... i recall someone else saying the same thing a few years ago.

Hopefully the new regime will complete the task, get a goalscorer and we can succeed in much less time

The remarks from the Shanghai group & Lemos were unfounded claims, there wasn’t really any basis to them, other than to appease supporters. Now, as you say under the new regime of the club, this has turned into a real sustainable possibility and I look forward to seeing how the club develops over the coming years! :D
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:18 pm

It was PMG who stated a 3? year plan to League 1, when we moved to the new stadium
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Can't see how anyone can disagree with the new vision & strategy. Great stuff....and love the badge. :D
black morse

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:03 pm

marky No.1 wrote:It was PMG who stated a 3? year plan to League 1, when we moved to the new stadium

Yes, but we've got fans, with heart in the club saying it now! :D :D :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:37 pm

marky No.1 wrote:It was PMG who stated a 3? year plan to League 1, when we moved to the new stadium

My bad, forgot he mentioned a plan - he can also be added to the list of figures with baseless plans :lol:
(at least in his last few years at the club)
RapidShrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Interesting season and a half ahead. Get into L1 for next season, find our feet up there, then maintain another 2 seasons. Not a lot of time for a lot of work.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:35 pm

Finally bigging ourselves up instead of doing ourselves down! Remains to be seen if we achieve these goals (hopefully) At least it is a positive mood instead of be grateful for finishing third from bottom! Onwards and upwards! COYS :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby redrobo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:26 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Interesting season and a half ahead. Get into L1 for next season, find our feet up there, then maintain another 2 seasons. Not a lot of time for a lot of work.

Far too early for us to even consider promotion.

End of next season after DA has free reign in who stays and who goes will be a better time to get promotion.....and more importantly STAY UP. :!: :!: :!:

Hopefully the BoD can find a few extra pennies for DA to bring in some quality who are hungry for success.
redrobo

Postby Martin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:51 pm

redrobo wrote:
jbc.shrimp wrote:Interesting season and a half ahead. Get into L1 for next season, find our feet up there, then maintain another 2 seasons. Not a lot of time for a lot of work.

??
End of next season after DA has free reign in who stays and who goes will be a better time to get promotion.....and more importantly STAY UP. :!: :!: :!:

Hopefully the BoD can find a few extra pennies for DA to bring in some quality who are hungry for success.

We're 4th in the table. Are you suggesting that, if the opportunity for promotion comes along, we just throw it until we're 'ready'?

I don't know if we can maintain , or improve, our position this season, but if the chance comes along surely we should grab it and leave the board to worry about next season.
Martin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Martin wrote:
redrobo wrote:

??

We're 4th in the table. Are you suggesting that, if the opportunity for promotion comes along, we just throw it until we're 'ready'?

I don't know if we can maintain , or improve, our position this season, but if the chance comes along surely we should grab it and leave the board to worry about next season.

In two posts he has had a pop at a player after a derby win and at the BoD's ambition.
BerlinWaller

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:05 pm

We need to be having a look at what Burton & Accy have done and try to replicate it.

Not so long ago Accy were the team with the lowest attendance and wage bill in the league yet they have managed to get themselves to league 1.

We just need to make sure that if we do make it to league 1 we don't end up doing a Daggenham, Macclesfield, Hereford etc and falling all the way back down and out of the league.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:22 pm

redrobo wrote:

I certainly wasn't trying to predict promotion, although I would love to see us go up automatically, which I think is a possibility. I was just trying to show a little of the positivity people are calling for on here.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 am

Martin wrote:We're 4th in the table. Are you suggesting that, if the opportunity for promotion comes along, we just throw it until we're 'ready'?

Definitely need to grab any opportunity when it offers itself.

That said, missing out this season, then going up next season when the fans can be a part of it would be special! If we went up this season, I'd prefer it through the Play-Offs because we might just be able to go to Wembley!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 am

Keith wrote:
Martin wrote:We're 4th in the table. Are you suggesting that, if the opportunity for promotion comes along, we just throw it until we're 'ready'?

Definitely need to grab any opportunity when it offers itself.

That said, missing out this season, then going up next season when the fans can be a part of it would be special! If we went up this season, I'd prefer it through the Play-Offs because we might just be able to go to Wembley!

You may not be able to get home again though :lol: :lol:
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:27 am

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:Definitely need to grab any opportunity when it offers itself.

You may not be able to get home again though :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If it means I have 21 days quarantine in exchange for watching Morecambe at Wembley, I'll find something to binge watch for three weeks!!!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:43 pm

Its great (and normal?) for a football club to have ambition. Refreshing to see that the club is seemingly openly targeting a goal of being a sustainable League One club in 3.5 years. What I would say, as others have alluded to, is that we need to see the detail before getting carried away (again) - and this will soon follow.

At the moment its just a statement, which we've had before. On previous occasions it was merely grandstanding/corporate bullshit without any substance. I do think that this time could be different, and know from my previous involvement as a Shrimps Trust Trustee that Charlie and James (who have both been great additions to the board) have been working on the development of a new strategy for the club. Lets hope that its SMART:

Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
Measurable (meaningful, motivating)
Achievable (agreed, attainable)
Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)

I'm more interested about what all this means off the field (the sustainability part), but on it our results have improved dramatically since the appointment of Derek Adams. The board/people who made this decision couldn't have made a better call IMO. For me, the biggest statement of intent would be to sign the manager up for the duration of the project - or at least persuade him to stay for another 2 years. He clearly deserves a new deal, regardless of what happens from now until the end of the season, and it will also safeguard the clubs interests.

There is reference to it on here and elsewhere ("get another striker in propel us to League One now - we don't need 3 years") - but I'm really struggling to understand some of the logic behind this.... what do such statements even mean in reality?

Tactically, we are light on goals vs. what we are expected to score (xG - more Yank/FIFA stat crap infecting the game 8-) ) - which means that we are creating opportunities, and can improve. But would the addition of a new striker (presumably to increase our goal output) be a replacement for Stockton who has been central to our success (we are set-up to play with a lone striker that brings midfield runners into play, something Cole does very well as demonstrated on Saturday), or to complement/partner Cole (and therefore abandon the tactics that have proved successful to date)? We have had strikers on the bench throughout, who have not really been utilised because they do not fit into the tactics that have been successful to date. Seems odd/baffling that people are inadvertently questioning Derek's approach, given the current league standings.

Fundamentally, It is difficult to understand the logic/interpretation that leads somebody to take the clubs well meaning statement about achieving sustainable growth and promotion, and conclude that we should've pushed the boat out to bring in another striker (in the middle of a pandemic where there continues to be uncertainty around football finances) to possibly help achieve promotion now.

Finally - you don't pick and choose when you are good enough to be promoted in a sporting competition. This is possibly the worst take I have read all year. Congratulations Neil, a new entry into your top5. ;)
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Next

Return to General Discussion