Twissy Leaving?

Re: Twissy Leaving?

Postby Welshrimp » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:20 am

shrimper wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:What the hell is going on????

The manager is doing his job, mate.

Spot on, Glen. Given what happened after Christmas last season, we'd have been (or should have been) worried if there had been no activity this close season.

Learning the players' names will take some time this time around! If you hear shouts of 'Come on, Dennis' or whatever from the main stand, that'll be me. :lol:
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby morecambe TID » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

well whatever happens i wish him all the best for the future he's been magnificent for us so good luck twissy
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:46 pm

CC, I told you last night, only half aren't talking to you. The other half have finally got online :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby steve mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 pm

A change of club might just be what Twiss needs, though i think he is one of the best players ever to play for Morecambe the fact is he hasn't been at his best for some time.

So though i am sad to see such a quality player leaving the club i can also realize the reasons behind it, i had a feeling when Sammy talked about fans favorites leaving that Twiss might be one of them.

Only time will tell if we are going to be a better side after all the comings and goings.

Very surprised about Yates though, Parish had a good game last night but cant say i think that he is better than Adam, again only time will tell and you have to respect Sammys opinion.

This must be the most interesting close season for many a year, one concern that i do have is that it might take some time for this new look team to gel.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 pm

steve mfc wrote:A change of club might just be what Twiss needs, though i think he is one of the best players ever to play for Morecambe the fact is he hasn't been at his best for some time.

So though i am sad to see such a quality player leaving the club i can also realize the reasons behind it, i had a feeling when Sammy talked about fans favorites leaving that Twiss might be one of them.

Only time will tell if we are going to be a better side after all the comings and goings.

Very surprised about Yates though, Parish had a good game last night but cant say i think that he is better than Adam, again only time will tell and you have to respect Sammys opinion.

This must be the most interesting close season for many a year, one concern that i do have is that it might take some time for this new look team to gel.

its like a new club now with all the comings and goings
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:57 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Twissy, Baker, Thommo are all Morecambe legends

What has Baker done to deserve legendary status? A good half season and two goals at home to Stockport? As much as I like the guy, when it comes to naming legends Carl is nowhere near Thommo and Twissy.
Bare Ben

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

What has Baker done to deserve legendary status? A good half season and two goals at home to Stockport? As much as I like the guy, when it comes to naming legends Carl is nowhere near Thommo and Twissy.

well said.......
Shrimpsscene

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

(I can feel a razor across my wrist moment coming up!)

I agree with you Ben, :shock:

Baker had the potential to go on to become a legend.

But to place his name along side players like Norman, Coleman, Jackson,[ insert any of many names], Grimshaw, Twiss and to a lesser extent Thomson. Well it seems to me just plain wrong.

Baker couldn't even last the full season. First season of full time football?
Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy.

I loved it when he went on his mazy runs and got annoyed when he lost the ball, then loved it when he hurried off after the player who stole it.

Good bit of business by the board in my opinion. Good for both parties, good luck Carl (I mean it too).
morecambe mick

Postby John L » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:36 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I loved it when he went on his mazy runs and got annoyed when he lost the ball, then loved it when he hurried off after the player who stole it.

....but then bloody well hated it when he got sent off as a result!!! :evil:

:roll:

:lol:
John L

Postby Sharpy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

more pressing than Twissey, What the hell is yates on the list for!!!!!!!

possibly the most insane move Sammy has ever made! i would sooner see Twiss leave on a free than loose Yates! Stupid!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:33 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

(I can feel a razor across my wrist moment coming up!)

I agree with you Ben, :shock:

Baker had the potential to go on to become a legend.

But to place his name along side players like Norman, Coleman, Jackson,[ insert any of many names], Grimshaw, Twiss and to a lesser extent Thomson. Well it seems to me just plain wrong.

Baker couldn't even last the full season. First season of full time football?
Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy.

I loved it when he went on his mazy runs and got annoyed when he lost the ball, then loved it when he hurried off after the player who stole it.

Good bit of business by the board in my opinion. Good for both parties, good luck Carl (I mean it too).

Fair comment to you both :oops: Getting carried away for a minute, legend is a bit OTT but Carl is one hell of a skillful footballer and will be a pleasure to watch move up those leagues remembering he was once at Morecambe and I also agree with you Mick :o good bit of business done there :!: Onward and upward :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:52 pm

morecambe mick wrote:I loved it when he went on his mazy runs and got annoyed when he lost the ball, then loved it when he hurried off after the player who stole it.

(Sorry for the delay but i've been trying to avoid bikes in Amsterdam!)

Same here Mick apart from that particular time when he lost the ball in midfield and ran 70 yards to try and get the ball back in the box and gave away the penalty - he was subbed within 5 mins! - who were we playing :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion