Scunthorpe 1 Morecambe 1 [Wildig] LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Scunthorpe 1 Morecambe 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:51 pm

YESSSSSS
Redalert1970

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Get in there!!! Great decision by the ref to give a dropped ball :lol: :lol:

Kelvin Mellor fantastic, 90 minutes played and he's run the length of the pitch and played the perfect cross
tim-sanchez

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

I just woke up when freez called the ref a bar steward, most exciting part of the game
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Scunthorpe 1 Morecambe 1 [Wildig] LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Thought that Stockton tackle was more of a foul than NKP's earlier, no chance the ref was going to give it though
tim-sanchez

Postby Andy D » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:55 pm

1-1 what a relief ;) :)
Andy D

Postby Andy D » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Ref bottled giving us a penalty!
Andy D

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm

The subs made all the difference , should have been on earlier !
Born again Bill

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:Thought that Stockton tackle was more of a foul than NKP's earlier, no chance the ref was going to give it though

Funnily enough, I thought the opposite. I think NKP felt a push in the back, so went down, but the push was definitely there. Watched Stockton about four times now and not entirely convinced either way. Not sure if he simply slipped, then bumped in to the defender, or slipped because of contact by the defender? 50-50 to me.

Glad we got a point but bloody awful game.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Thought the ref was ok for most of the game (the NKP pen would have been very soft), but what a bizarre and terrible last 10 mins from him.

Ironically, that ridiculous decision not to give us a corner led to the goal when we won the ball back. And then not to give a penalty for that foul on Stockton at the end was criminal.

Two decent defences with both attacks not offering much in particular. Draw was probably the fairest result, although if anything I think we may have marginally deserved to win as we started to really command the game a bit when DA first brought on Stockton. Good use of subs again from DA - Stockton coming on swung the game in our favour and their goal was against the run of play I thought.
Little Shrimp

Postby Slanester » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 pm

How did we manage to let such a poor side, take 2 points away from us, and so relieved to get anything? Awful game of football, of which we played our part, so disappointing. Conditions didn’t help, but we should be beating teams like Scunthorpe. Next.
Last edited by Slanester on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Delighted to get a point out of that. And could we have have had a pen at the end? Pleased that in the past two games, we have come back from conceeding first. But can't help but think, If we had a goalscorer on the pitch. The past two games, we'd have had more than two points? Anyway Onto Salford!
lancaster shrimp

Postby Vinny » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 pm

We should have gone out to win that, but a deserved point in the end. Should have been a penalty with Cole at the end, ref had a nightmare last 10 mins and put dampener on the game as well as the rain. We obviously didn't want to give away any clues for next weeks game ;)
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:30 pm

We are still in touching distance of the playoffs. Our best season in so many years.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Don`t agree with some of the messages ... Why should we be beating teams like Scunthorpe ???

Good point away from home even though didnt play that great
Redalert1970

Postby Slanester » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Don`t agree with some of the messages ... Why should we be beating teams like Scunthorpe ???

Pleased to see you showing some positivity.
I have watched EVERY game this season, in all competitions, and have based my opinion on what I have seen so far. I also do a bit of research into our opposition. Did you watch the game today? If you did, and felt that it was a decent representation of our form this season, well that’s your opinion, and fair enough. They were poor, as I expected, and so were we, which I didn’t, based on what I have seen previously. That’s footy, but I stand by my.....” we should be beating teams like Scunthorpe.”
Slanester

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Don`t agree with some of the messages ... Why should we be beating teams like Scunthorpe ???

Because we're 10th in the league and they're 22nd. They've got one of the worst attacks and worst defences in the league, we should at least have been forcing their goalkeeper into more saves.

I'll take the point, but our results so far this season mean we should be looking at a team like Scunthorpe as a possible 3 points.
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Watched most of the match and have to agree with their commentators that it was a good competitive game that we just shaded. If you look at the stats and see the number of shots we had but how few were on target which we simply have to improve upon.

Next up is the FA Cup and it will not be easy against a team who will not allow us any space in which to play so every shot we have which may be limited has to at the very least be on target.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 pm

How times have changed. Last season we were told by many on here to just be happy to finish one place above relegation but now "we should be beating teams like Scunthorpe". What about big clubs at this level or playing budgets? Crazy times.
BerlinWaller

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm

redrobo wrote:Watched most of the match and have to agree with their commentators that it was a good competitive game that we just shaded. If you look at the stats and see the number of shots we had but how few were on target which we simply have to improve upon.

Next up is the FA Cup and it will not be easy against a team who will not allow us any space in which to play so every shot we have which may be limited has to at the very least be on target.

Don’t forget Salford on Tues evening CC.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Slanester » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Scunny fan....” would have been daylight robbery if we had won the game.”
Slanester

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:33 am

Just another day in the life of being a Morecambe fan, the lows and highs are part of it, so frustrating at times, but at least now we have a bit of grit.
Happy for a point in the end, but we do seem to let ourselves down against lower placed teams..

Cox out! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:07 am

Woke up very disappointed.....I dreamt we had got another with the last kick of the game :shock: :lol:
black morse

Postby Slanester » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:10 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Cox out! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Lol when Freeze read it out.
Slanester

Previous

Return to General Discussion