O/T Inside Number 9

O/T Inside Number 9

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 am

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I did a quick search and didn't find a reference.

Last night we watched episode one of series 5 of Inside Number 9 - excellent piece of light relief in these times, especially for a football fan. Available on iPlayer for the next 11 months, so no rush. Think it must have been based on some of the referees we've seen at Morecambe since joining the League.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Re: O/T Inside Number 9

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:00 am

Try looking for this one, it's on youtube, this whole virus event reminded me of it. The Survivors 1975 BBC1.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am

Amazon Prime there’s a Film called “Flu” it’s set in South Korea and the Corona Virus breaking out.

it was only made a couple of years ago, so in reality they’d an idea before hand and how to deal with it, like they seem to be doing up to now.
Andy D

Postby Phil Anderer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:03 am

Contagion last night on itv2 was rather close to the bone, and that was 2011.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

Andy D wrote:
...in reality they’d an idea before hand and how to deal with it, like they seem to be doing up to now.

I was part of a pandemic flu working group about nine years ago. The key point that was hammered home then was when not if.

"Pandemic flu" was then a complete section in our business continuity plan that I wrote for the organisation I worked for. I left there a couple of years ago and have wondered if my BCP had been reviewed or changed since I left, or if it is still mine and whether it was implemented?

Basically, 'they', the government, knew, or should have known how to deal with this for years.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:
...in reality they’d an idea before hand and how to deal with it, like they seem to be doing up to now.

I was part of a pandemic flu working group about nine years ago. The key point that was hammered home then was when not if.

"Pandemic flu" was then a complete section in our business continuity plan that I wrote for the organisation I worked for. I left there a couple of years ago and have wondered if my BCP had been reviewed or changed since I left, or if it is still mine and whether it was implemented?

Basically, 'they', the government, knew, or should have known how to deal with this for years.
Is like when snow arrives in winter, always prepared for it then the plans just fall apart and it all goes out the window!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:55 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Is like when snow arrives in winter, always prepared for it then the plans just fall apart and it all goes out the window!

LOL! Yeah, I guess so! :D

Hopefully, this is going reasonably to plan in the UK. Certainly, nothing on the Isle of Man has surprised me.

We [smug face] had a 'pandemic flu' supply which we've maintained for the last decade, so we weren't even concerned when there was a rush on toilet roll, as we had plenty in the cupboard under the stairs, along with tined food etc. Even a decent stock of cat food. The only 'cock-up' in our preparation is that the Pot Noodles hadn't been rotated and had all gone out of date in 2016! We had people laugh at us in the past when I've previously recommended a 'pandemic flu' stock of essential supplies. After this, when we return to some degree of normality, many more people will prepare for such an occurrence, but hopefully, it will be twenty to forty years before it repeats!

Meanwhile in the USA, I think they are certainly heading for the wrong type of leaves on the line :( Trump is so convinced of his own superior knowledge of everything, a stronger cultural dislike of obeying government instructions and their incredibly screwed up health service, they could have some massive problems. Still, the sales of weapons & ammunition are at an all time high, so what could possibly go wrong? Doctor Trump recommending anti-malaria tablets will kill people too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:

just hope we the UK learn from it, with a ready made plan for next time!

1) stop public transport
2) out of work taxi drivers employed to drive NHS staff about
3) super markets managed to supply and demand better
4) Get right on top of the NHS once and for all

anybody like to add to that list?
Andy D

Postby Freez » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I think panic buying knobheads have seen supermarkets suffer, I think the supply chain is fine otherwise!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Alan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Freez wrote:I think panic buying knobheads have seen supermarkets suffer, I think the supply chain is fine otherwise!

I can honestly say that so far I haven't bought a single knobhead.

Is the supply chain from Chelsea ! :D
Alan

Postby Freez » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Ask Sam? :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby glagys » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Last night we watched episode one of series 5 of Inside Number 9 - excellent piece of light relief in these times, especially for a football fan. Available on iPlayer for the next 11 months, so no rush. Think it must have been based on some of the referees we've seen at Morecambe since joining the League.

Yep I watched thought it was funny, and judging by some refs and liners up and down the leagues, looked pretty close :D
glagys

Return to General Discussion