O/T Virus protection

Re: O/T Virus protection

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:42 pm

I do actually have some respect at this time for all staff at asda at Shaw and all over the country but to make things less hazzardus for the workers surely what they are doing in some stores is allowing so many in the store which is more sensible rather than putting the customer and staff members in danger. As for trolleys their are two in shaw so one cleaning them and one putting them away would benefit people who are struggling like the elderly or disabled. Do you clean the screen regulars because that is cross contaminating? I understand the pressure and anxiety supermarket staff are under but feel in some areas they could improve like alot in big stores with the spread of the virus
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

I do actually have some respect at this time for all staff at asda at Shaw and all over the country. However to make things less hazardous for the workers surely what they are doing in some stores is allowing so many in the store which is more sensible rather than putting the customer and staff members in danger. As for trolleys their are two in shaw so one cleaning them and one putting them away would benefit people who are struggling like the elderly or disabled. Do you clean the screen regulars because that is cross contaminating? I understand the pressure and anxiety supermarket staff are under but feel in some areas they could improve like alot in big stores with the spread of the virus.[/quote]
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:12 pm

I've just returned from doing my house bound mother in laws shopping and was shocked at the number of couples and families walking on the prom hand in hand.... :o :roll:

If you or anybody you know is one of these idiots in view of the Government's warning about contact then you bloody deserve anything that may come your way in the coming days.

How many more times does it take for verbal warnings to get through to these stupid and idiotic individuals who appear to believe that they are immune.....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:16 pm

redrobo wrote:I've just returned from doing my house bound mother in laws shopping and was shocked at the number of couples and families walking on the prom hand in hand.... :o :roll:

If you or anybody you know is one of these idiots in view of the Government's warning about contact then you bloody deserve anything that may come your way in the coming days.

How many more times does it take for verbal warnings to get through to these stupid and idiotic individuals who appear to believe that they are immune.....

Better to stay at home with a crap bottle of beer and cheer yourself up by watching outbreak, contagion and for something closer to home, Chernobyl :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm

it’s the 7th day of the lockdown incubation period, basically it’s around now you should start to show symptoms if you’ve got it.
Andy D

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Enough of this nonsense!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... jGt3KrNYEu

Now go and do something positive and give a thought for those poor sods on the frontline
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:07 am

redrobo wrote:I've just returned from doing my house bound mother in laws shopping and was shocked at the number of couples and families walking on the prom hand in hand.... :o :roll:

You are allowed out to exercise.
If you live in the same household, there is no problem with holding hands.

If they are from different households, then they are numpties, but otherwise, what's the problem?

I genuinely think the government are seriously needing to give thought to people's mental health & soon. For some people, they are in effect suggesting months of solitary confinement. You couldn't do that to misbehaving prisoners!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:09 am

Indeed .....Neil's comments on this demonstrate perfectly how little people digest information properly.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Brian S » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am

I'm married to one of today's statistics, one of the 17,089 tested positive in the UK as of this morning. We both work for the NHS and because she had a cough, sent home & swabbed. The rules are I'm isolated for 14 days as well, even if she recovers and returns to work before then. I am 99.9% sure I've got it as well but we only have the mild symptoms. No point me being swabbed, it wouldn't change anything, grounded for 14 days minimum due to my wife's result.

The guidance for anyone known to have the virus is the same as those showing symptoms. Had we not worked for the NHS, we'd be in the showing symptoms category.

We have only left the house for one exception, to drive to mum's and phone her from her garden so she could see we are OK. She's 85, fell & broke her hip 4 weeks ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago with a new hip. We can't go near her but her carers keep us updated and she has an amazing neighbour.

We also have an amazing community, from Kelly's Heroes at Seaborn Road Londis to the neighbours, one of whom dropped a Saturday night kit at our door yesterday, beer, wine & popcorn. And family of course.

If you're healthy and feeling OK, fit enough to go for a walk every day, think yourselves lucky. There's people far worse off than you and by that I don't include myself.

I'd also say now's the time to drop the forum animosity but I can't see that happening, not even Boris could sort that out :(

One of the best Gov pages is

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -infection
Brian S

Postby Andy D » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:12 am

Brian S wrote:
One of the best Gov pages is

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -infection

this is what i’ve been following, i like how they update it daily if anything changes.
Andy D

Postby Brian S » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:14 am

I forgot to confirm for all the hoarders that C19 doesn't cause you to shit yourselves to death.
Brian S

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:25 am

Brian S wrote:I forgot to confirm for all the hoarders that C19 doesn't cause you to shit yourselves to death.

Should be starting to level out now as most of em will be running out of money
God help em when they hit the really tough times a month or so down the line

P.S Hope you both get well soon and best wishes to mum ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Brian S » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
Brian S wrote:P.S Hope you both get well soon and best wishes to mum ;)

Thank you. Can't find the item now but one town has shamed residents by posting photos of the piles of fresh food binned because it's gone out of date after they stripped the store shelves bare.
Brian S

Postby MFC-Manc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:24 am

We are being asked quite righty to stay home...... so why is Heathrow and Gatwick still accepting 20 plus flights a day from Covid-19 hotspots with no checks?
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 pm

I hear the Steam Racket Co. are temperature checking people at Heysham harbour. I know that now only Manx people can travel home, but does this mean there are infected Manx people wandering round Heysham, that weren't allowed on the boat , looking for digs?
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.6 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby redrobo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:34 pm

How can passengers keep 2m apart on a train or for that matter on a bus....... :?: :?:

The Big Blue Bus that travels between London and Glasgow always appears to be full even of late.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm

captain sparkle wrote:I hear the Steam Racket Co. are temperature checking people at Heysham harbour. I know that now only Manx people can travel home, but does this mean there are infected Manx people wandering round Heysham, that weren't allowed on the boat , looking for digs?

Even Manx residents can't freely travel home. They need special permission. For the last week or so, no-one has travelled except certain 'VIP's' (a doctor & his wife were the only ones I've heard of). There are some people stuck in England who can't even find a hotel that's open to stay in. One Manx resident has been stuck in Thailand. He's *hopefully* on a flight to England today from Bangkok but doesn't know when he'll be allowed on to IoM. And when he does, even though he has his own home, he has to go to a specific hotel for two weeks quarantine and pay for the honour.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion