A Good Article

A Good Article

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:34 am

In today's Daily Mail .

A full page about Morecambe FC if one of the "anoraks" can put a link on.
Gone_Shrimping

Re: A Good Article

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... me-preview

We get £164,000 from the £50M, that might last us till Easter.
Where's the £3M budget come from
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 am

marky No.1 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8160851/Coronavirus-frontline-Morecambe-Football-Leagues-smallest-club.html?ito=facebook_share_article-home-preview

We get £164,000 from the £50M, that might last us till Easter.
Where's the £3M budget come from

I think £3 million will be total turnover from all activities.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 am

An excellent read but I still maintain that the Premier League has a moral duty to look at its less well off colleagues and create a hardship fund that clubs can access to help in their survival.

It will not happen of course and the Premier league clubs will still negotiate transfers of millions and weekly wages that would equate to a high proportion of our clubs annual playing budget.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Be interesting to hear how the EFL have determined the amount each club gets. What's the betting we get less than any other club......with no account given to the loss of other revenue streams :evil: :?:
redrobo

Postby Rod Taylor » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Neil, once again, you do not know what you are taking about!
Quote: "Be interesting to hear how the EFL have determined the amount each club gets. What's the betting we get less than any other club......with no account given to the loss of other revenue streams :evil: :?:.

Neil, where is your evidence for that comment? and by the way it is total *ollocks!

Quote: "An excellent read but I still maintain that the Premier League has a moral duty to look at its less well off colleagues and create a hardship fund that clubs can access to help in their survival."

Neil, who earns the dosh? ....the Premier League through their TV agreements! Any monies distributed to EFL clubs is as a gift from them, they could turn the tap off tomorrow! What I will say, again, is that when we return to some sort of "normality", football has to take a long hard look at itself and decide what kind of future it wants. Do we want Community clubs who work so hard in their locality and are a mainstay for the community or do we want only the Premiership with players being paid (I nearly said earning!) massive wages, well in my opinion, obscene amounts of money per week. BTW, I don't put the blame at he players door, clubs chasing success at all levels are responsible Our PM earns circa £160k pa, many top flight footballers are being paid many multiples of that per week! Also, the agents who are sucking the lifeblood out of our game! I have worked tirelessly for MFC for 26 years, not been paid a penny and would not want it. Football needs a re-boot, period!
Rod Taylor

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Wise words from a Shrimps legend, take heed Neil!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 am

Rod Taylor wrote:Neil, once again, you do not know what you are taking about!
Quote: "Be interesting to hear how the EFL have determined the amount each club gets. What's the betting we get less than any other club......with no account given to the loss of other revenue streams :evil: :?:.

Neil, where is your evidence for that comment? and by the way it is total *ollocks!!

:lol: :lol:

I was thinking myself that as much money as Premier League Clubs 'have' just how long can they sustain paying players a million pounds a month, etc etc
The income from matchdays, advertising, worldwide shop sales and particularly tv will all dry up as its not happening, so im sure they will be tightening their belts as this goes on.

I would like to see Aguero and co surviving on £2500 a month
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 am

Sanchez at Man Utd on a £530.000 per week could pay for at least “20 x NHS Nurses” wages for a year. :|
Andy D

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:20 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Rod Taylor wrote:Neil, once again, you do not know what you are taking about!

Neil, where is your evidence for that comment? and by the way it is total *ollocks!!

:lol: :lol:

I was thinking myself that as much money as Premier League Clubs 'have' just how long can they sustain paying players a million pounds a month, etc etc
The income from matchdays, advertising, worldwide shop sales and particularly tv will all dry up as its not happening, so im sure they will be tightening their belts as this goes on.

I would like to see Aguero and co surviving on £2500 a month

If you have that amount to live off each month, you should think yourself very fortunate indeed
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 am

When the EFL announced its £50 million aid package it did not (and my apology if it did) imply that the money was an advancement of monies already earmarked for the clubs as per other seasons. The way that it came across was that this money was an emergency fund and was indicated as such.

If as it now appears that my understanding was wrong then I apologize.

I'd still like to hear how the EFL determine the amount payable to each club?

As for my original suggestion about the Premier League donating money to a rescue fund for EFL1 and 2 then the Gillingham Chairman has suggested that Premier league clubs should donate £2.5 million towards a rescue fund for those clubs like ourselves who see millions being spent on transfer fees and hundreds of thousands per week paying individual players.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... aul-scally

Deputy Chief Sports Writer Ian Herbert in the Daily Mail wrote in his column of yesterday that 'at a stroke clubs like Manchester City or Arsenal could ensure the future of football in the EFL by making perhaps a £50m contribution to a fighting fund for football. To put that sum into perspective Man Utd's wage bill is £332m. United among others will have saved tens of millions by May in appearance fees and player bonuses which become non-payable. With clubs' futures intact the EFL and National league could then set about working to establish greater sustainability'.
redrobo

Postby Ego Tripping » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:09 am

Here is an idea

If/when the seasons re-start there will probably need to be a short pre-season. Pair lower league clubs with big club, play home & away and share gate receipts.
Ego Tripping

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 am

Ego Tripping wrote:Here is an idea

If/when the seasons re-start there will probably need to be a short pre-season. Pair lower league clubs with big club, play home & away and share gate receipts.

That's a touch of genius, a really great idea
HALMA 1983

Postby paulshrimp » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:41 pm

I read somewhere that the EFL money is split 80% to championship, 12% to league 1, 8% to league 2. The leagues then split that up among the teams in their league.
paulshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:13 pm

I bet people seeing this post thing , "oh good, this will be nice to read " , click on it and think, "I wish I hadn't read this now" :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:00 pm

Will be really interesting to see if the Premier league offers any extra support. Like Rod says, you can't take it for granted.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby tim-sanchez » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:40 pm

paulshrimp wrote:I read somewhere that the EFL money is split 80% to championship, 12% to league 1, 8% to league 2. The leagues then split that up among the teams in their league.

It's split equally amongst teams in each league as well, no bonuses for where you finish. So we should have received the same amount as every other League 2 team.
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am

tim-sanchez wrote:
paulshrimp wrote:I read somewhere that the EFL money is split 80% to championship, 12% to league 1, 8% to league 2. The leagues then split that up among the teams in their league.

It's split equally amongst teams in each league as well, no bonuses for where you finish. So we should have received the same amount as every other League 2 team.

Thanks for that info about how much each club in EFL2 gets.

Seems a lot of difference between all the leagues. 80% for the Championship whilst EFL2 gets only 8% is a wee bit harsh in my opinion.

A more even split for me should be Championship 60%. EFL1 25% and EFL2 15%.
redrobo

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:41 am

Just goes to show how little money there is in the bottom two leagues.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Return to General Discussion