Season Tickets

Season Tickets

Postby Ego Tripping » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Not sure when season tickets normally go on sale for next season but if the club was to release them now I’ll certainly buy one. Also not bothered about a refund if this season doesn’t go finish.

Finally I’ve mentioned on here a few times that I think we should do season tickets by direct debit. I’m convinced it would encourage more people to get one. We pay everything DD now so why not season tickets? I’ve seen in other countries they also add other things to it e.g. £x more a month and get your shirt as part of the deal. Could start in June so people have paid 2 months before any games to ensure there is some sort of security for the club. If we had this in place now the club would still have some income (yes I know some would cancel).
Ego Tripping

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Crazeenick » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Yes, great idea. I'd go along with all that.

Someone close to the club should suggest it to them.
Crazeenick

Postby Andy D » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:52 pm

like a lot of people concerned and worried glued to the News, this is the biggest threat to “Human Life” in the UK since WW2, next season might not even happen yet :(
Andy D

Postby Ispyshrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:15 pm

I think that is a great idea

Considering how many people will have or will be having a tough time financially with lack of work or reduced work due to the current situation, a monthly payment would be a great help and probably encourage more fans to buy season tickets as well as help those who would struggle to pay the full amount and maybe have to reduce the games attended.

like its been said, adding on a shirt or other extras will be more affordable than payment all at once.

you will get the odd few who maybe cancel DD but there season ticket can be easily stopped and prevented being able to work at the entrance on match day

hope the club take this on board or its put forward by the trust
Ispyshrimp

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Andy D wrote:like a lot of people concerned and worried glued to the News, this is the biggest threat to “Human Life” in the UK since WW2, next season might not even happen yet :(

I actually think the threat to human life is not now as bad as first feared. Originally there was talk of over 300,000 dead, when they're now talking about keeping it under 20,000. 20,000 is still a lot of dead in a short period, but massively better than 300,000. It does however rely on each and every one of us playing our part.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Andy D » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I actually think the threat to human life is not now as bad as first feared. Originally there was talk of over 300,000 dead, when they're now talking about keeping it under 20,000. 20,000 is still a lot of dead in a short period, but massively better than 300,000. It does however rely on each and every one of us playing our part.

But Safety? even by August distancing could still be in place and will no doubt effect crowd numbers at Sport venues

The Government’s tactic is dangerous and it’s only to slow the virus down so they can have the economy ticking over, like accepting everybody is going to get it but over a controlled length of time.
Andy D

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Andy D wrote:
Phil Anderer wrote:I actually think the threat to human life is not now as bad as first feared. Originally there was talk of over 300,000 dead, when they're now talking about keeping it under 20,000. 20,000 is still a lot of dead in a short period, but massively better than 300,000. It does however rely on each and every one of us playing our part.

But Safety? even by August distancing could still be in place and will no doubt effect crowd numbers at Sport venues

The Government’s tactic is dangerous and it’s only to slow the virus down so they can have the economy ticking over, like accepting everybody is going to get it but over a controlled length of time.

I haven't seen suggestions of ending controls early except from that complete (insert expletive here) in charge in America. If we maintain the social distancing and self-isolation for longer it reduces infections and deaths and allows time for a vaccine to be developed. That is desperately needed as this is with us for years to come and will be like flu, with annual vaccines to combat the mutations. In the meantime we should all do as our undemocratically unelected mostly benevolent dictator (I mean Keith, not Doris) keeps telling us: "WASH YOUR HANDS"!
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:In the meantime we should all do as our undemocratically unelected mostly benevolent dictator (I mean Keith, not Doris) keeps telling us: "WASH YOUR HANDS"!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shhh, whisper this quietly... I don't say this too often, but I think Johnson is getting it pretty well spot on. :o :shock: :o

I think the virus has to get around the population but slowly, or at least, a lot slower than in Italy. Their problem, as in Woohan originally, the deaths were largely due to health services being overwhelmed by so many people becoming ill all at the same time. If those ill people were spread out over 12 months instead of three, then the survival rate would be greatly increased. If we had gone directly for lock down, then as soon as the lock down was lifted, the virus would arrive then anyway. Obviously there are some things that could have been done differently but overall, I think we're doing reasonably well. The USA however...

One of the other things that is simply not being discussed is the level of deaths that would be expected anyway. During the 2017/18 winter, there were 50,100 Excess Winter Deaths. EWD is the measure of deaths December to March minus average number deaths in the preceding August to November & average number of deaths during the following April to July. I would put money on it that the number of EWD's will be extremely low this year, once COVID-19 related deaths are taken out of the equation. This is because the weather has been extremely mild and of course, the unintended consequence of the population being both isolated and increased hand washing means that the normal seasonal flu & colds are going to be significantly lower than usually expected.

In other words, the mortality rate is going to be higher than normal but probably nothing like the 'end of the world' levels that some people are fearing. Once adjusted, EWD's probably won't be that much above 17/18 levels.

My other prediction is that COVD-19 isn't going to go away. We'll still be getting it in five years time, but won't be testing for it because it won't be hitting everyone at the same time.

Back to the thread...

Paying for a season ticket by Direct Debit has got to be a good idea. As said earlier, start taking payments for the following season a couple of months before it begins, so if someone stops paying, then there are a couple of months to either catch up or cancel the season ticket. Chuck in a new shirt as an incentive. Club increases season ticket sales and maintains a steady, predictable income.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Keith wrote:
Shhh, whisper this quietly... I don't say this too often, but I think Johnson is getting it pretty well spot on. :o :shock: :o

:o :shock:

Blimey, first Ed Balls on the One show and now you Keith :lol: but I do agree that they appear to be making a good job out of a terrible situation.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
but I do agree that they appear to be making a good job out of a terrible situation.

To prove that it is nothing to worry about, Johnson has even caught it himself! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Keith wrote:
Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
but I do agree that they appear to be making a good job out of a terrible situation.

To prove that it is nothing to worry about, Johnson has even caught it himself! :lol:

He didn’t look too well on the news just now.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:
Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:

He didn’t look too well on the news just now.

it’s alright if you can isolate, but some of us still have to work under the stress of being contaminated being key workers :|
Andy D

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Andy D wrote:it’s alright if you can isolate, but some of us still have to work under the stress of being contaminated being key workers :|

I'm no longer working, but the advice I've been giving is that if you are not in a high risk group, did you worry about getting seasonal flu last year? If not, then don't worry about COVID-19. Observe good hand washing and the other advice. If you get it, and are otherwise healthy, you will almost certainly recover after about a week.

All you key workers are doing a fantastic job!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Finding the cost of a seat in C Premier in one lump sum is difficult for me (but that's my choice :) ) so a monthly DD scheme would work out fine for me and I think the club would benefit from a regular monthly cash stream from fans throughout our club.
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:14 pm

I get the 2 year deal for my season tickets, and it is paid by direct debit, so already an option. Stay safe all.
Slanester

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Slanester wrote:I get the 2 year deal for my season tickets, and it is paid by direct debit, so already an option. Stay safe all.

Pretty sure that’s a standing order. I also do that scheme but benefits of DD:
Lower cost than 2 year deal (would hopefully encourage more people?)
DD doesn’t end - therefore will automatically renew each season
Price can go up- club can increase DD when ticket prices rise. Standing order is for a fixed amount(s) and for a fixed period and can’t be changed
Ego Tripping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Is there anything the club can sell in some kind of flash sale to create a quick influx of cash? Old training gear, memorabilia or some kind of membership? People will be wanting to help but often want something in return.

The DD idea for season tickets is the way forward IMO.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:49 pm

Ego Tripping wrote:
Slanester wrote:I get the 2 year deal for my season tickets, and it is paid by direct debit, so already an option. Stay safe all.

Pretty sure that’s a standing order. I also do that scheme but benefits of DD:
Lower cost than 2 year deal (would hopefully encourage more people?)
DD doesn’t end - therefore will automatically renew each season
Price can go up- club can increase DD when ticket prices rise. Standing order is for a fixed amount(s) and for a fixed period and can’t be changed

Much prefer the monthly payment system, so whatever works best for the club, and as you say maybe
encourages more fans to commit.I wonder why they have chosen SO over DD?
Slanester

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 pm

DD is more costly than SO to administer.

I suspect the reason we don't offer a payment plan for 1 year is that once the season ticket is issued there is no way the Club can stop people using it, even if they cancel the DD. I'm not convinced the electronic turnstiles we have are that sophisticated. At least with the 2 year plan they can withhold the 2nd year ticket.
Morecambe Jack

Postby al1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:14 pm

I would like to pay £200 towards my season ticket for next season as soon as possible,can someone from the club or the trust advise me how to do this please?
Also I am disappointed that there seems to have been no fund raising ideas put forward by either the club or trust to help out our club in these difficult times! Have noticed that Accy are doing a 'virtual half time draw' each week at £1 a go,also Southport have a 'go funding' page set up for donations.I realise we probably will not raise massive amounts but we need to be proactive in our response to this critical situation and must not just sit back and hope for the best!
al1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm

I mentioned fund raising a few weeks back. There must be some old training kits, memorabilia and other bits and bats that we could bid for or buy.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:22 pm

al1 wrote:I would like to pay £200 towards my season ticket for next season as soon as possible,can someone from the club or the trust advise me how to do this please?
Also I am disappointed that there seems to have been no fund raising ideas put forward by either the club or trust to help out our club in these difficult times! Have noticed that Accy are doing a 'virtual half time draw' each week at £1 a go,also Southport have a 'go funding' page set up for donations.I realise we probably will not raise massive amounts but we need to be proactive in our response to this critical situation and must not just sit back and hope for the best!

Can't afford much out of my pension but I'd willingly do a SO for £20 a month....if the club would get something together.

:) :) :)
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Season tickets are a traditional way of getting a much needed cash injection at the beginning of the season, hence early bird deals, I asked at a Q&A session a few years ago about a payment plan and was told at the time it would be expensive to administer and finance because of the low number of season ticket holders, this was admittedly in the PMG era though.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm

I would be quite happy to pay now for my 2020/2021 season ticket even though there is no prospect of seeing a game at The Globe for a few months maybe not even this year. Perhaps the renewal forms could incorporate a space for donations to the club in these unprecedented times.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Can we not get Captain Tom to walk round the pitch a few times, that might get a few quid
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion