Coronavirus and football

Re: Coronavirus and football

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:People in Morecambe today just don’t get it, acting like it’s some sort of bank holiday, we’re only weeks behind Italy who have a superior Health service to ours and the Italians are being totally overwhelmed, our poorly equipped Health Service doesn’t stand a chance! :|

Going out for a walk or a run is absolutely fine if you don't have symptoms. In fact, being outside is probably healthier than anything else! Unless you are stood right in front of someone who is coughing in your face! Sitting in a cinema or bar is a bit dumb. Go for a walk, just try not to snog any strangers while doing it!

But! people can carry it for days before developing all of the symptoms.
Andy D

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:04 pm

How are you expecting those people spreading it by going for a walk? As long as you are a reasonable distance away from people on the prom or in a park (about 1 meter), you can't spread it or catch it. Fresh air & sunshine (Vit D) helps to boost your immune system.

Far more at risk being in a crowded supermarket trying to panic buy bog-roll!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Keith wrote:As long as you are a reasonable distance away from people on the prom or in a park (about 1 meter), you can't spread it or catch it...

Apologies, the official guidance on social distancing is two meters not one.

"You can also go for a walk or exercise outdoors if you stay more than 2 metres from others"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ble-adults
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Th prom was heaving today, not much social distancing going on at times.

I thought me and the lad would be the only ones daft enough to go for a bike ride as it was freezing but couldn't believe the amount of people out.

Same yesterday when walking the dog it's never been so busy and on the narrow paths when you gave to give way to people the 2 meter rule seems to go out of the window.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm

it’s said that people can still catch it off surfaces, including the Supermarkets, you could pick up an item on the shelf’s after somebody infected has just had their hands on the item after sneezing or wiping their noses, coughing etc?

don’t think enough people locally so far are taking this seriously.
Andy D

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:24 pm

I agree it's like they think it hasn't come to little old Morecambe & Lancaster yet.

I think people wont take it seriously until it starts affecting people they know.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Brian S » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:29 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Th prom was heaving today, not much social distancing going on at times.

I thought me and the lad would be the only ones daft enough to go for a bike ride as it was freezing but couldn't believe the amount of people out.

Same yesterday when walking the dog it's never been so busy and on the narrow paths when you gave to give way to people the 2 meter rule seems to go out of the window.

It's being treated like every day is Easter Sunday. I'm 101% with Keith's posts.

Now wash your hands.
Brian S

Postby Brian S » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:45 pm

For anyone that thinks this is only going to impact those southerners squashed into tubes, skyscraper offices and 200 floor blocks of flats darn sarf. This was posted on the Trust's Facebook page today.....

We have very sad news to share this afternoon, we're sorry to say that a patient has died from coronavirus in one of our hospitals.

Aaron Cummins, Chief Executive for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust said: "We can confirm that, sadly, a man has died whilst an inpatient on our Furness General Hospital Site. The patient had tested positive for COVID19, was in their 70's and had underlying health conditions."
"Our thoughts and condolences remain with the patient’s family and loved ones and we would ask that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

For further information please contact the NHS England and NHS Improvement media team on nhsengland.media@nhs.net or 01138 250958/9

The Trust, Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement will not be giving out any further information on this patient.

The media are asked to respect the wishes of the families, and the interests of staff at the hospital to avoid any disruption to operational services.
Brian S

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:23 am

Rod and Graham Howse (Sky spelt it Howes ! ) were on Sky Sports News yesterday afternoon talking about the EFL financial help and the Government wages support up to 80% in respect of staff.

Maybe an anorak (MarkyNo.1) could find a link and put it on here.
Gone_Shrimping

Previous

Return to General Discussion