http://www.skysports.com/share/11945306
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Coronavirus and football

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Deferred another month

'Coronavirus latest: PL, EFL suspended to April 30'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11945306

Boris and the Chief Scientific Officer hoping that the virus will be on a downward curve by end of June. Hard to see football being allowed before July.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Andy D » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Malaria tablets sound like they have the ingredients to beat the Coronavirus,

More people die of Malaria worldwide, an estimated 600.000 deaths in 2019 https://www.wwarn.org

Symptoms are very similar, fever, heigh temperature, shivering and sweating etc
Andy D

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 am

Andy D wrote:Malaria tablets sound like they have the ingredients to beat the Coronavirus,

More people die of Malaria worldwide, an estimated 600.000 deaths in 2019 https://www.wwarn.org

Is there any scientific evidence for that claim?

Malaria is a parasite, COVID-19 is a virus.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:44 am

A man has been arrested on the Isle of Man for refusing to self isolate. Can you imagine the scenes? I would pay good money to see it.
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:13 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:Malaria tablets sound like they have the ingredients to beat the Coronavirus,

Was said over a week ago that Australia and around Indonesia had been trailing basic Malaria pills to treat it having some success with it, and also yesterday in that live daily Trump, USA update, their Health Minister equivalent to ours was backing Trump up saying pretty much the same with Maleria Vaccines.
Andy D

Postby morecambegeek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Andy D wrote:
Keith wrote:

Was said over a week ago that Australia and around Indonesia had been trailing basic Malaria pills to treat it having some success with it, and also yesterday in that live daily Trump, USA update, their Health Minister equivalent to ours was backing Trump up saying pretty much the same with Maleria Vaccines.

That doesn't appear to have been said

. But minutes later, Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, cautioned that in fact chloroquine has not been approved for use against the coronavirus and must still be tested for its effectiveness and safety.

Chloroquine “is already approved, as the president said, for the treatment of malaria as well as arthritis condition”, Hahn pointed out. “That’s a drug that the president has directed us to take a closer look at as to whether an expanded use approach to that could be done to actually see if that benefits patients.

“And again, we want to do that in a setting of a clinical trial, a large pragmatic clinical trial to actually gather that information and answer that question that needs to be asked and answered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -readiness
morecambegeek

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:08 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:A man has been arrested on the Isle of Man for refusing to self isolate. Can you imagine the scenes? I would pay good money to see it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most probably got a garden the size of happy mount park, the well heeled, self centered fool
HALMA 1983

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:55 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Andy D wrote:Was said over a week ago that Australia and around Indonesia had been trailing basic Malaria pills to treat it having some success with it, and also yesterday in that live daily Trump, USA update, their Health Minister equivalent to ours was backing Trump up saying pretty much the same with Maleria Vaccines.

That doesn't appear to have been said

. But minutes later, Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, cautioned that in fact chloroquine has not been approved for use against the coronavirus and must still be tested for its effectiveness and safety.

Chloroquine “is already approved, as the president said, for the treatment of malaria as well as arthritis condition”, Hahn pointed out. “That’s a drug that the president has directed us to take a closer look at as to whether an expanded use approach to that could be done to actually see if that benefits patients.

“And again, we want to do that in a setting of a clinical trial, a large pragmatic clinical trial to actually gather that information and answer that question that needs to be asked and answered.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -readiness

so, either they’re saying

1) trialing malaria vaccines?

2) not trailing malaria vaccines?
Andy D

Postby Andy D » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm

TV footage inside of very well equipped Hospitals in Italy struggling is scary! :(
Andy D

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:58 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:A man has been arrested on the Isle of Man for refusing to self isolate. Can you imagine the scenes? I would pay good money to see it.

Most probably got a garden the size of happy mount park, the well heeled, self centered fool

Apparently, quite the opposite. He had nowhere to stay. Government have found him somewhere to self isolate and he wasn't charged.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimperteer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:20 am

Andy D wrote:TV footage inside of very well equipped Hospitals in Italy struggling is scary! :(

Yep. Seems most people in this country are still oblivious to how seriously grim it’s going to get here in the next few weeks.
shrimperteer

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:20 am

shrimperteer wrote:
Andy D wrote:TV footage inside of very well equipped Hospitals in Italy struggling is scary! :(

Yep. Seems most people in this country are still oblivious to how seriously grim it’s going to get here in the next few weeks.

We best be getting serious about this as

My spanish friend who lives in the centre of Madrid has just sent me this harrowing message and he's obviously very concerned this is much more than 'common flu'

ALIVE!!!

Hello my friend,

How are you and family? We are at moment in good condition but our country is falling down with coronavirus. Everyday is a hard test for us, cases are increasing and it seems will not stop!!

Im asking you and family strongly: this is not a joke, your BORIS is a stupid and irresponsible!!!

Be ready to see how people will be infected so please buy first: 

MASKS AND GLOVES it will the first you will not find in shops.

WHEN YOU GO OUT PLEASE WITH MASK AND NITRILE GLOVES. 

YOUR FAMILY MUST BE KEEP INTO HOUSE OR YOUR OWN GARDEN

Buy in the supermarket for a month. May be some products will not available. Extreme precautions when you are inside supermarket, remember always with mask and gloves.

When you back home take off your NITRILE GLOVES with care. After that wash your hands with soap or disinfection liquid.

Wash your hands frecuenty with soap or disinfection liquid.

We can’t  go out to the street, only for buy and only one person walking on the street. 

We can’t  go together 2 or more people. Police and Army are watching the streets 

IM WORKING AT HOME AND T TOO. S HAS HIS SCHOOL CLASSES VIA SKYPE EVERYDAY

Thanks the Lord we are work at moment but many people have to close their shops and bussines so they will not earn money.

This situation will be for A LONG TIME MY FRIEND. BE READY!!!

PLEASE CONTACT WITH ME 

GOD BLESS US

YOUR FRIEND

A.
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:51 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:
shrimperteer wrote:

We best be getting serious about this as

My spanish friend who lives in the centre of Madrid has just sent me this harrowing message and he's obviously very concerned this is much more than 'common flu'

ALIVE!!!

Hello my friend,

How are you and family? We are at moment in good condition but our country is falling down with coronavirus. Everyday is a hard test for us, cases are increasing and it seems will not stop!!

Im asking you and family strongly: this is not a joke, your BORIS is a stupid and irresponsible!!!

WHEN YOU GO OUT PLEASE WITH MASK AND NITRILE GLOVES. 

YOUR FAMILY MUST BE KEEP INTO HOUSE OR YOUR OWN GARDEN

Buy in the supermarket for a month. May be some products will not available. Extreme precautions when you are inside supermarket, remember always with mask and gloves.

When you back home take off your NITRILE GLOVES with care. After that wash your hands with soap or disinfection liquid.

Wash your hands frecuenty with soap or disinfection liquid.

We can’t  go out to the street, only for buy and only one person walking on the street. 

We can’t  go together 2 or more people. Police and Army are watching the streets 

IM WORKING AT HOME AND T TOO. S HAS HIS SCHOOL CLASSES VIA SKYPE EVERYDAY

Thanks the Lord we are work at moment but many people have to close their shops and bussines so they will not earn money.

This situation will be for A LONG TIME MY FRIEND. BE READY!!!

PLEASE CONTACT WITH ME 

GOD BLESS US

YOUR FRIEND

A.

What more can the Government be doing other than acting on the advice of the experts?

I think he is doing a good job, keeping us informed and closing schools and entertainment places as and when necessary.

My only criticism is that he talked of 25000 deaths which is a wee bit alarmist but not helped at all by the media who are creating panic in certain situations.

I can't see us playing any football until late July if at all and still expect this season to be declared null and void.
redrobo

Postby shrimperteer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 pm

If you think things are going to be anywhere near normal enough for football to be back in July you’re dreaming. Maybe behind closed doors.
If you think 25’000 is alarmist then I think you’re in for a hell of shock with what is coming.
There’s a difference between alarming and alarmist but the numbers we’re looking at are genuinely alarming. I know a lot of the media are playing for shock value as it sells papers and increases viewer numbers, but this really is going to get a lot lot worse before it gets better.
shrimperteer

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:46 pm

The initial estimates for potential deaths were around 315,000. Far from alarmist, 25,000 could be a good outcome. As for the masks, forget them; no use whatsoever unless they are 'full face fit' and protect the eyes as well. I'm equally sceptical about the gloves, as you could just end up spreading the virus around with them. If you do wear them DO NOT touch your face and bin them immediately you take them off. Some might think me alarmist, but I've simply read about things and not from the more sensationalist media outlets, so between BBC, the Times and the Guardian, I would hope I have a reasonably well rounded take on the situation.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:49 pm

There is no way that the 2019/20 season will be completed. Clubs can't really play behind closed doors as so many away teams will be travelling and staying in hotels , stopping for meals etc etc.

What happens to players who have a contract until 30 June which applies to a good number of our players ? They are free to sign for other clubs on 1 July although they wouldn't be able to play for their new clubs in any 2019/20 fixtures. It would though leave us with just a handful of players able to play after 1st July and I would imagine a good few league 2 clubs would be in the same boat as us.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 pm

shrimperteer wrote:If you think things are going to be anywhere near normal enough for football to be back in July you’re dreaming. Maybe behind closed doors.
If you think 25’000 is alarmist then I think you’re in for a hell of shock with what is coming.
There’s a difference between alarming and alarmist but the numbers we’re looking at are genuinely alarming. I know a lot of the media are playing for shock value as it sells papers and increases viewer numbers, but this really is going to get a lot lot worse before it gets better.

Jesus....I do wish some folk would read my entire posts....I did actually say 'IF AT ALL'.....which implies that I'm doubtful that any football would be played in July....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Whilst our lot are pushing each other around, stripping shelves off for no reason other than greed.

The Spanish man's only concern is towards their aged parents and the possibility of them dying alone, without any goodbyes, as they can't get out

The penny is about to drop from a great height and maybe this will change people's actions for the better, IF they survive long enough!
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Keith wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:

Apparently, quite the opposite. He had nowhere to stay. Government have found him somewhere to self isolate and he wasn't charged.

I was going to start a collection for your bail Keith
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I was going to start a collection for your bail Keith

Thanks, glad to know someone cares! 8-)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:51 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:We best be getting serious about this as

ALIVE!!!

Hello my friend,

Please don't! Don't buy stuff in the false hope that it will protect you. Plus some people actually need them.

HALMA 1983 wrote:WHEN YOU GO OUT PLEASE WITH MASK AND NITRILE GLOVES. 

Why? If you are infected, you shouldn't be going out in the first place. If you aren't infected, there's no point wearing a mask.

HALMA 1983 wrote:YOUR FAMILY MUST BE KEEP INTO HOUSE OR YOUR OWN GARDEN

Great, now there will be a run on tents too!

HALMA 1983 wrote:Buy in the supermarket for a month. May be some products will not available.

Yeah, because we've not got enough morons panic buying, let's encourage it! :roll:

HALMA 1983 wrote:Extreme precautions when you are inside supermarket, remember always with mask and gloves.

"Extreme precautions" should be standing clear of other people, DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE & wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands as soon as you get home. First thing I do when I walk in to my home is wash my hands. Before I eat, wash my hands. If my eyes itch, I wash my hands.

HALMA 1983 wrote:When you back home take off your NITRILE GLOVES with care. After that wash your hands with soap or disinfection liquid.

Cut out the middle man. Just wash your hands.

HALMA 1983 wrote:Wash your hands frequently with soap or disinfection liquid.

AT LAST, some good advice! Normal soap is fine. Twenty seconds minimum. Top & bottom of hands.

When I was managing a unit supporting people with dementia, over the years we had two outbreaks of Norovirus (AKA 'Winter Vomiting Bug'). I told all my staff that if any of them went down with it, they would be going on a health & hygiene course as soon as they returned to work, as they clearly hadn't maintained good enough hygiene at work. Funnily enough, we never had a member of staff off sick with it during either outbreak.

Wash your hands.
Don't touch your face.
Wash your hands.
Don't rub your eyes.
Wash your hands.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:53 pm

People in Morecambe today just don’t get it, acting like it’s some sort of bank holiday, we’re only weeks behind Italy who have a superior Health service to ours and the Italians are being totally overwhelmed, our poorly equipped Health Service doesn’t stand a chance! :|
Attachments
43094776-D0D9-4017-BCBC-56527CBB9C79.jpeg
43094776-D0D9-4017-BCBC-56527CBB9C79.jpeg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Andy D

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Andy D wrote:People in Morecambe today just don’t get it, acting like it’s some sort of bank holiday, we’re only weeks behind Italy who have a superior Health service to ours and the Italians are being totally overwhelmed, our poorly equipped Health Service doesn’t stand a chance! :|

Going out for a walk or a run is absolutely fine if you don't have symptoms. In fact, being outside is probably healthier than anything else! Unless you are stood right in front of someone who is coughing in your face! Sitting in a cinema or bar is a bit dumb. Go for a walk, just try not to snog any strangers while doing it!

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion