Its a 3 horse race now hopefully we aren't the nag at the end of the season
Redalert1970

Re: Next 5 games

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:56 pm

Stop worrying. It won't be us :D
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:13 am

We will finish 2nd or third bottom , and it will be viewed as a major triumph, we weren't to know Stevenage were this poor 5 months ago, or that Bury would fold , but hey, thems the breaks, the real work starts in summer and the board will actually have to find new money, the borrowed clarets will go back , Slew isnt good enough, and if Mark isnt good enough in the managers view then neither is the new keeper coz he isnt any better, we also have players that keep getting injured that we cant count on, I reckon we need 8 out, 8 in , this season is decided.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:10 am

The scary thing is we were worse than Stevenage 5 months ago
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:26 am

Spud man I like your confidence but the season is far from over

We still have Plymouth and Swindon at home plus Exeter and Forest Green away

Also other very tricky games including Salford away and Stevenage at home

We still need to find at least another 10 points from somewhere in my opinion
Redalert1970

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:46 am

[quote="Redalert1970"]Spud man I like your confidence but the season is far from over

We still have Plymouth and Swindon at home plus Exeter and Forest Green away

Also other very tricky games including Salford away and Stevenage at home

We still need to find at least another 10 points from somewhere in my opinion[/quote]

A week ago you were saying that 40 points should see us safe. Since then we've all played another game. With Stevenage Macclesfield and us picking up no points. So we are still 10 points ahead of Stevenage. How do we suddenly need another 10 points?
black morse

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:57 am

Like I said my opinion

I don't think we will get more than 6 points from last 9 games but I might be wrong like I have loads of times before

Plymouth Loss
Forest Green Loss
Stevenage Draw
Orient Draw
Crawley Draw
Exeter Loss
Swindon Loss
Salford Loss
Scunthorpe Win
Redalert1970

Postby Martin » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Redalert1970 » 08 Mar 2020 10:57

Like I said my opinion

I don't think we will get more than 6 points from last 9 games but I might be wrong like I have loads of times before

Plymouth Loss
Forest Green Loss
Stevenage Draw
Orient Draw
Crawley Draw
Exeter Loss
Swindon Loss
Salford Loss
Scunthorpe Win

Working on the above. That would leave Stevenage having to find 15 points from their other 9 games just to catch us. 5 wins from 9 is a big big ask for a team that has so far only managed 3 in 36.
Martin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Redalert, even the most pessimistic fan would be hard pushed to think stevenage will gain 11 more points this season and us pick up none, its over wether you like it or not ! :D
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:42 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Redalert, even the most pessimistic fan would be hard pushed to think stevenage will gain 11 more points this season and us pick up none, its over wether you like it or not ! :D

If we contrive to lose to Stevenage and they win their game in hand, then it will be squeaky bum time again. We shouldn't have lost to them at their place, having a perfectly good goal ruled out for reasons I never understood, but we still managed it. A bit like yesterday (except we couldn't blame the linesman!) where both sides were dreadful and neither deserved three points.

Yesterday was very poor again, but we all know we're better than that. Hopefully, Stevenage will come to us knowing that they must win, which will allow us to outplay them. A true 'six pointer'.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Stevenage haven't got a cat in hell's chance of catching anyone, looking at their remaining games they'll be lucky to get 2 wins and that's being optimistic, they'll be gone within 5 games.
HALMA 1983

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Stevenage have not won many games but they have a winnable game against Newport at home next week

Barnet had not won many a couple of years ago with ten games to go and almost survived
Redalert1970

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:36 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Stevenage have not won many games but they have a winnable game against Newport at home next week

Barnet had not won many a couple of years ago with ten games to go and almost survived

That's one of the games I've factored in like yourself as their best chance but then, they're in for a possible hammering Tuesday night before coming here dispirited for another.
Although, you can never write anyone off, their plight is more desperate after every game.
HALMA 1983

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:27 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Stevenage have not won many games but they have a winnable game against Newport at home next week

OK. I agree that it is possible that Stevenage could survive at our expense but the odds against that happening are enormous. If we thought about what COULD happen all the time we would never go out!
black morse

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:41 pm

black morse wrote:

OK. I agree that it is possible that Stevenage could survive at our expense but the odds against that happening are enormous. If we thought about what COULD happen all the time we would never go out!

Sticking up for Red Alert for a change, surely the point is, if we believe we’re already safe, that breeds complacency? That could be our downfall. As I said before, beat Stevenage and it is all but mathematically done & dusted, but until we do that, we’re still in a relegation battle.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion