Morecambe 1 [Wildig] Crewe 1LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 1 [Wildig] Crewe 1LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Great game of footy to watch. Both sides put in a brilliant effort in terrible conditions. We more than matched a team challenging the title and could have come away with 3 points. We pressed high and won battles in the middle. The defence was solid again. I thought we missed Cole a lot. Wildig looks a proper player.

I thought Artell let himself down with the Phillips sending off. Shouting at a young pro walking down the tunnel was disgusting. Gesturing to get a young lad sent off is even worse.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Brilliant result in front of a decent crowd (2,872)
Could of won it but on to a shellshocked Newport for 3 points
HALMA 1983

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Really excellent performance. We were never going to match Crewe stylistically, so our lowish block was a good tactic and resulted in them hitting a fair few hopeful balls throughout the match. We worked hard not to be organised get sucked in as that would have left us open to being passed around. Obviously they were still able to get at us (they're a really good side IMO) and we rode our luck a bit at times - but they most certainly did as well. Couple of very good saves from their keeper first half, and then Carlos hitting the bar second half.

Standouts for me were Carlos and Wildig. Two players who have come on leaps and bounds since DA's appointment. Really happy to see that Wildig is now making those runs into the box more than ever. He's a smart player and can always find space, and seems to have found his shooting boots now - it was a lovely controlled finish.

Great team performance so don't want to go on too much about individuals. We were organised, kept possession well at times and went toe to toe with one of the best sides in the league. 1-1 was probably a fair result.

Could see Artell's frustration as the referee really should have played advantage - although I'm not complaining too much! His hotheadedness in brandishing a red card for Phillips (could have been a yellow, although it was cynical and pretty wild) probably stopped them from scoring a winner. Very poor of him to react the way he did to Phillips though.

Overall, a very good point and performance against one of the best sides in the division!
Little Shrimp

Re: Morecambe v Crewe LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby black morse » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:1 nil Crewe

Game over I'm afraid

Still in massive massive trouble

I note that you haven't posted since we scored!
Good point lads another step away from the 'massive massive trouble that we are supposed to be in :D
black morse

Postby Andy D » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:Brilliant result in front of a decent crowd (2,872)

Impressive, Crowds like that every week and we’re talking “”Self Sufficient””
Andy D

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Excellent point, which we all would have taken before the whistle. A really good game to watch, which had a bit of everything for the supporters. Probably Slew’s best 45 mins, but still needs to work harder.
No mentions for Cranston, but I thought he had a really solid game today, and willing to have a dig. Bradbury, like the look of him, big,imposing and awkward. Looking forward to him being a right f/ing nuisance for the opposition defence in future games. Crewe will be travelling home feeling like they have lost...GOOD. Well done the lads.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:28 pm

i’d a good view of the Red card and thought Philips made the right decision taking the Crewe player out, Crewe broke out well and looked like scoring.
Andy D

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Wildig is another player who DA has improved out of all recognition in his time as our manager. Add Aaron to Old , Kenyon and Carlos Mendes-Gomes as vastly improved players since the change of management.

As soon as we are safe we need new contracts for Carlos , Cole and an extended contract for Derek as bigger clubs will start sniffing around.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:39 pm

I still think we will get good money for Carlos. Capable of playing at a higher level. Two good, well organised teams but a very poor referee who barely broke into a trot throughout the whole game. The fitness tests must be very lax if a ref who strolls around the pitch is fit enough.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Slanester » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:47 pm

Andy D wrote:i’d a good view of the Red card and thought Philips made the right decision taking the Crewe player out, Crewe broke out well and looked like scoring.

Agree. They were something like 5 on 2(?) and it looked really dangerous for us.
Slanester

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:51 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I still think we will get good money for Carlos. Capable of playing at a higher level. Two good, well organised teams but a very poor referee who barely broke into a trot throughout the whole game. The fitness tests must be very lax if a ref who strolls around the pitch is fit enough.

We will only receive good money if he has a decent length contract otherwise it may be a development/compensation fee :? :?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:52 pm

Slanester wrote:
Andy D wrote:i’d a good view of the Red card and thought Philips made the right decision taking the Crewe player out, Crewe broke out well and looked like scoring.

Agree. They were something like 5 on 2(?) and it looked really dangerous for us.

Philips did the right thing. He took one for the team.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:55 pm

I have not posted since then because i had to go to work on a 12 hour night shift

Good result for the team against a top team

Too many draws but hey ho
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:I have not posted since then because i had to go to work on a 12 hour night shift

Draws are better than defeats though !

We would have lost that game today under JB
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Redalert1970 wrote:I have not posted since then because i had to go to work on a 12 hour night shift

Draws are better than defeats though !

We would have lost that game today under JB

Has anybody used the word "budget" since DA took over?
BerlinWaller

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:31 pm

black morse wrote:

Game over I'm afraid

I note that you haven't posted since we scored!
Good point lads another step away from the 'massive massive trouble that we are supposed to be in :D

What a cock that red alert is. We are not in trouble we are comfortably safe. Negative ned on here after game we go down.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:36 pm

I actually hope we appeal the red card.

Yes it was the most cynical foul possible (and Phillips was right to take out their man).

But it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity and it wasn’t a horrible dangerous tackle. I still genuinely don’t understand on what basis the ref showed a red? By the laws of the game it was a yellow all day long.

Artell has massively over reacted just because he thought they were gonna score from the counter.
CityShrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks for the insult Mfcchris much appreciated
Redalert1970

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:31 pm

Carlos improving and maturing all the time. Starting to look a real player and puts the hard yards in getting back to defend as well.

Wildig revitalised and now justifying the talent we have all seen in glimpses in the past. Had a big smile on his face pre match and seems to be enjoying life again!

Phillips took one for the team and it definitely looked a straight red from the Ace Scaffolding. More of an assassination than a tackle! Probably/maybe saved us a point though.

We are lucky to have DA. Came into a very average under performing outfit and has really shook it up! Seen more entertainment in the last few games than the last few seasons put together and after all that's what it's all about!

Red Alert. You don't come to the games anymore and are getting very boring pontificating your ultra negative comments on here at every opportunity. OK, your personal circumstances dictate you can't come for whatever reason, fair enough, but don't drag us down with ultra negativity when you ain't there to see what's occurring. Under DA I personally feel positive at virtually every game now and he's only just getting started!

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Game on game we are improving. Adams has been a brilliant appointment, i only hope he hangs around long enough to get us in the top half next season. Everything about the club seems to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it’s just the wind blowing a hoolie at every game recently, but it feels like a breath of fresh air.

In the past we gave had some wonderful games against Crewe (home and away) Our previous manager and their current manager played a huge part in the 4-3 epic many of us still gush about

Today’s game didn’t have so many goals yet it was end to end pleasure. A proper football game. We weren’t in awe of a near table topping outfit. We matched them in midfield and showed so much creativity and calmness in possession I wouldn’t have been able, as a neutral observer, to explain why there was such a point difference

It seems to me that Adams is encouraging the squad to play to their strengths and believe in themselves. Watching our players thread telling passes forward instead of persistent hoofball is an absolute joy
Last edited by Caged Lion on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caged Lion

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:12 pm

Crewe forum gives us a lot of credit
We knew how to play them
Morecambe much better than their league position etc
Our home record may well keep us up what a turnround over previous seasons
scalehallshrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Game on game we are improving. Adams has been a brilliant appointment, i only hope he hangs around long enough to get us in the top half next season. Everything about the club seems to be heading in the right direction. Maybe it’s just the wind blowing a hoolie at every game recently, but it feels like a breath of fresh air.

In the past we gave had some wonderful games against Crewe (home and away) Our previous manager and their current manager played a huge part in the 4-3 epic many of us still gush about

Today’s game didn’t have so many goals yet it was end to end pleasure. A proper football game. We weren’t in awe of a near table topping outfit. We matched them in midfield and showed so much creativity and calmness in possession I wouldn’t have been able, as a neutral observer, to explain why there us such a point gulf between the teams

However, the answer is obvious and in my mind indisputable. Derek Adams

Really good post there Caged ;)
That was a masterclass from the manager today and the player's reacted in the best possible way after going behind against such a good side, they could quite easily have folded but to their credit they were still pushing hard after the equaliser.
Once again, rock solid from Sam and Steven but a special mention for Mr Cranston, who is cementing his place in the side with ease.

Good home crowd and from them, all in all a top day at the office!
HALMA 1983

Postby Vinny » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:07 pm

That was a really good game! Rode our luck at times, but created plenty of our own chances. Matched a deservedly high-flying team man-for-man, play-for-play. Many MOTM performances from our lads, but even more importantly, a great team performance. Also thought Bradbury showed great urgency, menace and eagerness when he came on, which is good to know we do have another forward in the squad. Thought the ref was conned by Dave Artell's protest, and Phillips should have been a yellow. Good crowd. Good atmosphere. Great point. Well done Derek and the lads! :D
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:25 am

CityShrimp wrote:I actually hope we appeal the red card.

Yes it was the most cynical foul possible (and Phillips was right to take out their man).

But it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity and it wasn’t a horrible dangerous tackle. I still genuinely don’t understand on what basis the ref showed a red? By the laws of the game it was a yellow all day long.

Artell has massively over reacted just because he thought they were gonna score from the counter.

I'd agree that it may be worth appealing. Far from preventing a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' and not reckless enough to be dangerous (I don't think)? Need to watch it again and find out wha the refs reason was? Isn't it one match ban for preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity? But it is three matches for dangerous play, so a big difference.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:39 am

Game over I'm afraid

Red Alert. Can you please explain why you still think we are in "massive massive trouble" our recent form has us midtable
Not lost at home this calendar year
10above Stevenage
Stevenage have to win as many games between now and May as they have all season. So with what I've said. What makes you think we are still in massive massive trouble? Have you seen us play recently?
lancaster shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion