Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

KenH wrote:Coleman gives a lot of interviews on Radio Lancashire in their breakfast programme and he's always very positive and bullish. No doubt he's like that in the dressing room and on the training ground too.

Repeat. If only it was that simple.

Compare that with Jim's "playing above our weight" constant negativity in his media reports - if he's like that with the players, no wonder our players usually look like rabbits in the headlight.

That’s just your take on the interviews, which of course is your right. Plenty would offer a different opinion.
Slanester

Postby parkyboy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm

TIME THE GUY WAS OUT
parkyboy

Postby Phil Anderer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:52 pm

parkyboy wrote:TIME THE GUY WAS OUT

Capslock stock again Parkyboy?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:56 pm

glagys wrote:...how many league 2 teams would Kenyon & Ellison get into, never mind be captain and start ok so he scored a wonder goal but that was all he gave

Kev was my second choice MotM yesterday! He was back defending well, on both wings, through the middle and scored a cracker! Not sure what else you want from a 76 year old?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRampage » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Alex Kenyon wouldn't be 1st team at a conference club. conference north at a push.
RedRampage

Postby RedRampage » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 pm

100% mate. he should have left years ago!
RedRampage

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Keith wrote:
glagys wrote:...how many league 2 teams would Kenyon & Ellison get into, never mind be captain and start ok so he scored a wonder goal but that was all he gave

Kev was my second choice MotM yesterday! He was back defending well, on both wings, through the middle and scored a cracker! Not sure what else you want from a 76 year old?

Yet another example of how we all see games and players differently.

There was a consensus around me yesterday including the opinion of a former Director and his family that of the players who should have been off before he scored his usual wonder goal was Kevin. No wonder I looked sheepish when he blasted in our second. But for a growing number of games of late he's been off the pace and not contributed much to the team...but what the hell do we know in our section.... :?: :?: :?:

:lol: ;)
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Slanester wrote:Right, let’s say for those that want the change of manager, and it was to happen. With everything, and I mean everything taken into consideration with regard MFC, no financial changes. Being realistic, there are only three options.

1. Somebody looking for their 1st football managerial position. No experience, no track record of success or failure.
2.A manager from a lower league club. Not likely to move from a successful lower league club, that are going places. Same thing applies, some track record of football management, but not with the massive pressure of a club in the football league.
3. A manager who has experience of football league club management, but has been sacked from a number of previous clubs, for not achieving.

Of the 3, which option do you feel would be the right one for MFC, and definitely achieve the success that JB, in your opinion is not able.

RedRampage wrote:

100% mate. he should have left years ago!

Come on lads, which option? Not seen yours yet. :?:
Slanester

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Slanster
Why do you persist with this. 1st you do not know who would apply and 2ndl we do not know what attitude changes would be made to management style player attitude etc. Redrobbos comment on the Oswell gone to Wrexham thread is the most sensible thing said on the subject. No one either Jim or the club are achieving under the current partnership. Something has to change.
Doonhamer

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Doonhamer wrote:Slanster
Why do you persist with this. 1st you do not know who would apply and 2ndl we do not know what attitude changes would be made to management style player attitude etc. Redrobbos comment on the Oswell gone to Wrexham thread is the most sensible thing said on the subject. No one either Jim or the club are achieving under the current partnership. Something has to change.

I persist, because I am interested. I have made it clear, that I am JB in, and definitely don’t want MFC to take the gamble on a new manager.

Point 1. Nobody knows who would apply, including you.
Point 2. Nobody can predict that either, including you.

So based on what I do know, I have made my decision. Which option are you willing to gamble on?
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Slanester wrote:

I persist, because I am interested. I have made it clear, that I am JB in, and definitely don’t want MFC to take the gamble on a new manager.

So based on what I do know, I have made my decision. Which option are you willing to gamble on?

So Slanester its safe to say you voted "Remain" in the EU Referendum :lol:
Andy D

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Andy D wrote:
Slanester wrote:

So its safe to say you voted "Remain" in the EU Referendum :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, that's a really good analogy!

Jim 'remainers' believe we're punching above our weight and that there is huge risk involved in changing him, simply out of frustration.

Jim 'outers' think that it is fine to make a massive change without any plan for the future, believing it will all just simply work out and that Morecambe were brilliant in the 1960's. If we sack Jim we'll get Christie Park & Arnold Timmins back! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Andy D wrote:
Slanester wrote:

So its safe to say you voted "Remain" in the EU Referendum :lol:

Not sure where that comment fits with relation to anything football, or why I am bothering to reply, but “Out“ for me.
Back to topic....Your option for the managerial gamble??
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Slanester, i gave my option in the original thread and was first to reply.
Andy D

Postby roogler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 pm

I would make a few points on the reasons stated as to why Jim Bentley should remain or go:

1. if the "plan" each year is to finish 3rd bottom and no more, will this bring fans back in - eh No !

2. No one is saying if he goes things will automatically improve but watching what his tactical nous produces week in/week out, will it be any worse?
3, in my view he is extremely lucky to have been employed by Morecambe as if he had been at any other club he would have been long gone.

We ALL obviously want the same thing- a successful Morecambe , but having watched the same tactics employed every game, winning teams changed for no apparent reason and where we lose goals either 5 mins in, or in 95 mins surely a change of tack is required. If the Manager cannot see this , someone needs to see it for him.
roogler

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Weather it's in or out, let's get one thing clear, we have never been a well supported club, there are no "missing thousands" , of fans , so the Jim is driving them away nonsense is bollocks, Spartan conditions in the home end combined with overpriced tickets yes, I'd agree with that, and sadly it's looking like improvements on that side are sadly not being dealt with.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Keith
What a ridiculous suggestion what the outers want. We don’t want Christie park or the 60 ,s back we want a successful team which for some time now we do not have. If mediocracy is what is required that’s fine you can have it. Just for the record Morecambe are not punching above their weight we are where we are because we deserve to be there or because a dishonourable Coventry side stitched up Barnet and the league allegedly.
To answer Slanster I am willing to gamble on both your opinions and no I don’t know the future but that’s why it’s called a gamble and not a certainty.
Doonhamer

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 pm

At the end of the day the Morecambe and Lancaster area has a fairly large population which could surely support a lower league club....given a modicum of success. However for several seasons now success seems to be judged by not being relegated and very little else. When was the last time we had a decent cup run? Todays FA cup results by the so called 'little teams' really hurts because we all crave that excitement ourselves. Instead we have played six cup games this season and managed a paltry draw against lower league opposition at home followed by an abject away defeat. Yes I know all the arguments why success hasn't happened but I'll tell you what. We need entertainment whether it be in the EFL or back in non-league. I watched most games Bentley played for us and he was an absolute legend as a player. As a manager I'm now not so sure. It hurts me to say this but it is surely time to take a gamble on a new man.It is a gamble because it can go either way. We could end up as a Chesterfield, York, Stockport, Hartlepool etc' etc' or maybe just maybe, a Newport County or Accrington Stanley. I hope this whole saga turns round and we find the spark we are looking for under Jim but at the moment it's like Groundhog day most weeks.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 pm

roogler wrote:1. if the "plan" each year is to finish 3rd bottom and no more, will this bring fans back in - eh No !

If the plan (and budget) is to finish third from bottom, then how would that change by having a new manager? Jim doesn't set that goal or budget.

What I'd like to see is Jim being given a budget and goal for top half or play offs or promotion, then we can really see what he's capable of. But at the moment, he's being given a part-time, bottom third Conference budget and expected to be improving upon previous seasons.

Bring another manager and give them third from bottom as a goal and an ever decreasing budget and we can confidently predict they will play exciting football that will see us in the play offs? Or get a journeyman manager who'll have an eye on his next move and dump us as soon as possible when another opportunity presents itself?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:We need entertainment whether it be in the EFL or back in non-league.

I think that is a really strong point that needs to be acknowledged. There is a really positive argument that being a Conference side would be more entertaining than a struggling League club. If more people admit that they think this, then fair enough. I like being in the same league as Notts County and recently Blackpool etc. Clubs that are massively bigger than us.

But yes, being relegated may well make the football more enjoyable.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Keith wrote:
roogler wrote:1. if the "plan" each year is to finish 3rd bottom and no more, will this bring fans back in - eh No !

If the plan (and budget) is to finish third from bottom, then how would that change by having a new manager? Jim doesn't set that goal or budget.

What I'd like to see is Jim being given a budget and goal for top half or play offs or promotion, then we can really see what he's capable of. But at the moment, he's being given a part-time, bottom third Conference budget and expected to be improving upon previous seasons.

Bring another manager and give them third from bottom as a goal and an ever decreasing budget and we can confidently predict they will play exciting football that will see us in the play offs? Or get a journeyman manager who'll have an eye on his next move and dump us as soon as possible when another opportunity presents itself?

What is a budget got to do with sh** team selection sh** tactics and poor team performence
Doonhamer

Postby black morse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

But it could result in a bigger slide downwards as several ex - league 2 teams have proved. It's a gamble if we go that way and one which I would think would be no better than evens.
black morse

Postby RedRampage » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Bentley out! we want our morecambe back!
RedRampage

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:54 pm

[

Not sure where that comment fits with relation to anything football, or why I am bothering to reply, but “Out“ for me.

Willing to gamble on the future of the country though.
Doonhamer

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Doonhamer wrote:[

Willing to gamble on the future of the country though.

Wrong forum :!: :!:
Slanester

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion