Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley Out

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm

No matter who you get there are no guarantees of success, the manager can only do so much and the players also need holding accountable for performance and results, off field influences also play there part in stifling momentum.
Until your bank rolling the complete running of the club then not much you can do but moan.
HALMA 1983

Postby KenH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Andy D wrote:However its the results and perfomances at home game's whats been depressing attendance figures season after season after season.

There's no doubt the huge losses affect Jim's budget, but it's Jim's tactics/game management that have driven people away, hence at least partially causing those same losses. Also, Jim's poor cup form has meant we've lost out on huge sums of money (winnings and tv monies) that again could have reduced the losses and given Jim more money for players. So, to some extent, Jim has to accept some responsibility for the fall in attendances, resulting increases in losses and reduction of budgets. It's been a vicious circle.
KenH

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:53 pm

KenH wrote:
Andy D wrote:However its the results and perfomances at home game's whats been depressing attendance figures season after season after season.

There's no doubt the huge losses affect Jim's budget, but it's Jim's tactics/game management that have driven people away, hence at least partially causing those same losses. Also, Jim's poor cup form has meant we've lost out on huge sums of money (winnings and tv monies) that again could have reduced the losses and given Jim more money for players. So, to some extent, Jim has to accept some responsibility for the fall in attendances, resulting increases in losses and reduction of budgets. It's been a vicious circle.

Great honest assessment on what may lie ahead again.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 pm

He keeps us in league 2 against all odds year after year, MFC cannot survive without being subsidised , either by directors loans or by selling our assets, this has always been the case since the club was formed.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Slanester » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:40 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
KenH wrote:

Great honest assessment on what may lie ahead again.

So which of the options from my earlier post, would you fellas like to see as a change of manager, and bring about the changes that you feel will follow?
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Slanester wrote:
So which of the options from my earlier post, would you fellas like to see as a change of manager, and bring about the changes that you feel will follow?

Think Jim will keep us up this season(playing some good stuff at times).

But to answer your question i would choose option number 3.) a good example this season is John Sheridan who's been sacked a fair few times, people on here have mocked him, but he's gone up to Carlise with a reduced budget compared to what Keith Curle got, and has raised a few eyebrows.

also remember John Coleman was unemployed for half a season after his sacking at Rochdale before he returned to work at Accrington.
Andy D

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:48 pm

redrobo wrote:....or option 4.

A former manager at our level who resigned due to constant interference from that clubs Chairman or did not agree with certain aspects of how that club was being run.

:?: :?: :?:

Who did you have in mind? Genuine question. The post was a bit cryptic, obviously too cryptic for me!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Gary Bowyer the former Blackpool manager who resigned after on going problems with the Chairman and the Oyston family
redrobo

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:05 pm

redrobo wrote:Gary Bowyer the former Blackpool manager who resigned after on going problems with the Chairman and the Oyston family

Ah! Ta.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRampage » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:07 pm

with Carlisle looking for a new manager, and after all the speculation last summer, I wonder if Jim will be on their radar? I for one REALLY hope so!
RedRampage

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:40 pm

RedRampage wrote:with Carlisle looking for a new manager, and after all the speculation last summer, I wonder if Jim will be on their radar? I for one REALLY hope so!

Hang on I'll check the satellite :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby Slanester » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:50 pm

RedRampage wrote:with Carlisle looking for a new manager, and after all the speculation last summer, I wonder if Jim will be on their radar? I for one REALLY hope so!
Slanester wrote:Right, let’s say for those that want the change of manager, and it was to happen. With everything, and I mean everything taken into consideration with regard MFC, no financial changes. Being realistic, there are only three options.

1. Somebody looking for their 1st football managerial position. No experience, no track record of success or failure.
2.A manager from a lower league club. Not likely to move from a successful lower league club, that are going places. Same thing applies, some track record of football management, but not with the massive pressure of a club in the football league.
3. A manager who has experience of football league club management, but has been sacked from a number of previous clubs, for not achieving.

Of the 3, which option do you feel would be the right one for MFC, and definitely achieve the success that JB, in your opinion is not able.

Just interested, which option for you RR, if JB did go?
Slanester

Postby redrobo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:01 pm

Gary Bowyer ex manager at Blackburn and recently Blackpool with Kevin as his assistant.

Unlikely to happen though....
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:04 pm

redrobo wrote:Gary Bowyer ex manager at Blackburn and recently Blackpool with Kevin as his assistant.

Unlikely to happen though....

Interesting, but very unlikely.
Question was to the other RR, but any opinions welcome.
Slanester

Postby RedRampage » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:30 am

Slanester wrote:Just interested, which option for you RR, if JB did go?

Anyone but Jim Bentley! :D
RedRampage

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 am

Or and far more likely we turn into the league 2 Ipswich.

Fans wanted McCarthy to go

Everyone at the club wanted him to stay

McCarthy went

Ipswich currently rooted to the bottom of the championship.

Jim remains the best man for the task that we can afford.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:24 pm

SupermarketShrimp wrote:Ipswich currently rooted to the bottom of the championship.

And knocked out of the FA Cup at Accrington

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am

Keith wrote:
SupermarketShrimp wrote:Ipswich currently rooted to the bottom of the championship.

Some Irony in that though! Its like contradicting the point SupermarketShrimp is making.

Beaten by Accrington smallest club in the FL(or was) and chance of championship football, showing us up and how its done.
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:06 am

Coley doesn't care who the opposition is, he's said in many an interview he expects his teams to win every game regardless of who they are playing. His attitude is we are Accrington who are you, our attitude is you are bigger than us with a better squad and training facilities ohhh we're worried about you.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:10 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Coley doesn't care who the opposition is, he's said in many an interview he expects his teams to win every game regardless of who they are playing. His attitude is we are Accrington who are you, our attitude is you are bigger than us with a better squad and training facilities ohhh we're worried about you.

If only it was that simple.
Slanester

Postby KenH » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 am

Coleman gives a lot of interviews on Radio Lancashire in their breakfast programme and he's always very positive and bullish. No doubt he's like that in the dressing room and on the training ground too.

Compare that with Jim's "playing above our weight" constant negativity in his media reports - if he's like that with the players, no wonder our players usually look like rabbits in the headlight.
KenH

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 am

Andy D wrote:
Keith wrote:

Some Irony in that though! Its like contradicting the point SupermarketShrimp is making.

Beaten by Accrington smallest club in the FL(or was) and chance of championship football, showing us up and how its done.

Accrington were never a smaller League club than us, by a long stretch! They have had a lot of investment. But the last bit, it pains me to say so, you are right, they are showing us the way. On & more importantly, off the pitch, they are a long way ahead of us. Their entire 'match day experience' is far ahead of ours. And when a problem is recognised, they quickly do something about it. For example, when fans ['customers'] weren't able to get served a beer quickly enough at half time, they got their 'pods' in a couple of weeks later. We've had queuing problems for eight years and still not resolved them! How much revenue have we lost in that time, simply because we've been turning custom away? What is it like at the away end? Do their fans get served quickly enough or do we lose money there too?

But back to this topic, Accrington haven't chopped & changed managers!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:05 am

Yep coley said on footballs focus "we won't win the FA Cup but I want us to win the game "
Jim after yesterday's game "we keep making silly mistakes "
Sorry the mistakes start at pitch level' how many league 2 teams would Kenyon & Ellison get into, never mind be captain and start ok so he scored a wonder goal but that was all he gave,and Kenyon found their players more than ours
Last edited by glagys on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
glagys

Postby Doonhamer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:35 am

But back to this topic, Accrington haven't chopped & changed managers![/quote].

True but it makes a difference if the manager is competent
Doonhamer

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Keith wrote:
Accrington were never a smaller League club than us, by a long stretch! They have had a lot of investment. But the last bit, it pains me to say so, you are right, they are showing us the way. On & more importantly, off the pitch, they are a long way ahead of us. Their entire 'match day experience' is far ahead of ours. And when a problem is recognised, they quickly do something about it. For example, when fans ['customers'] weren't able to get served a beer quickly enough at half time, they got their 'pods' in a couple of weeks later. We've had queuing problems for eight years and still not resolved them! How much revenue have we lost in that time, simply because we've been turning custom away? What is it like at the away end? Do their fans get served quickly enough or do we lose money there too?

But back to this topic, Accrington haven't chopped & changed managers!

Not splitting hairs but Accrington did have a change of managers, Coleman went to Rochdale, then was sacked and unemployed for half a season while Ex Premier League player Beattie was buying players with his own money and they still struggled, then Coleman took charge for a 2nd time.

Also Accrington were smaller up to 2014/15 ish, and Sammy Mcilroy certainly had a bigger budget and maybe Jim in his first season or so.

I thought that was common knowledge, unless Coleman and the BBC, ITV, SKY TV are telling fibs.
Andy D

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion