Jim Bentley Out

Re: Jim Bentley

Postby g66k69 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Check the Daily Mirror website, when Jim gets handed the money to pay his fine, think it says it all.
g66k69

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Time to resign? :o :?:
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:53 pm

17 fit players.
Players & staff not paid on three occasions.
Cheltenham signed seven players in the January window.
Newport County signed something like 15 in the January window.
We signed one.
We don't even know who owns the club.

Yup, Jim to go, there'll be a queue a mile long of managers wanting to take his place. FFS. :evil:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Kev and Drummie to see us to safety. Might come up with a way of actually playing football and going forward insted of the hoof ball non tackling game we play under JB. Thank god for our February run or we would already be in the bottom 2!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:58 pm

We may not have to worry when the season finishes if we still don't have the ownership issue dealt with. Jim & the rest may not get new contracts after all this.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:We may not have to worry when the season finishes if we still don't have the ownership issue dealt with. Jim & the rest may not get new contracts after all this.
Jim's contract runs until the end of next season doesn't it? I imagine most players who are out of contract at the end of the season wil be off. If we stay in League 2 this season and then stay in existence next season will be worse under the current management. He will have the excuse that his hands were tied in getting new players though, then after Christmas he can blame our poor pitch! :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby asda shrimp » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Keith wrote:17 fit players.
We signed one.

Yup, Jim to go, there'll be a queue a mile long of managers wanting to take his place. FFS. :evil:

+1
asda shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:06 pm

asda shrimp wrote:
We signed one.

+1
Yep J (teflon) B football genius!! 800+ fans vote with their feet, money is short, it's not ALL the ownerships issues doing. Get those rose tinted glasses off!! FFS
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
asda shrimp wrote:
We signed one.

+1
Yep J (teflon) B football genius!! 800+ fans vote with their feet, money is short, it's not ALL the ownerships issues doing. Get those rose tinted glasses off!! FFS

Can I just ask what Fishwicks' Funeral Services (Beetham) have to do with it all?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Yup, Jim to go, there'll be a queue a mile long of managers wanting to take his place. FFS. :evil:[/quote]
+1[/quote] Yep J (teflon) B football genius!! 800+ fans vote with their feet, money is short, it's not ALL the ownerships issues doing. Get those rose tinted glasses off!! FFS[/quote]

Can I just ask what Fishwicks' Funeral Services (Beetham) have to do with it all?[/quote] They could be measuring up our football league status! :(
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Here we go again...... FFS......

Time to kill Shrimps Voices again Keith.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Here we go again...... FFS......

Time to kill Shrimps Voices again Keith.

Agreed Seasider. The problem is some people just don't get it.
broadwayshrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Considering all of the trouble and controversy that has fallen against Jim, I think he has done decently well to maintain our current position but his interviews just get worse and worse and it looks to me like he is pretty much on the verge of giving up... But then his loyalty has really showed over the last few months and as others have said, who would want to come into the job right now? I'd much prefer Bentley over Drummy or Kevin.... :roll: The amount of stress he must be under right now must be for sure the biggest he's ever experienced in association with football.
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Jim was 100% the right man to get us through those dark days and his record during that time was fantastic. I have been on Jims case for a couple of seasons but held my hands up and applauded the way he conducted himself and led his team to some remarkable results. He seemed to have that fire in his belly again and started beating the drum which was brilliant to see. Jim got all the plaudits and rightly so. Now, 7 defeats on the bounce, relegation a real threat again and Jim is peddling the old excuses. If Jim deserved all the plaudits a couple of month back, he shouldn't be immune to the flack he is getting now.
BerlinWaller

Postby skeletor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:35 pm

time for a new pair of eyes and new ideas before its too late.bring someone in until the end of the season,we still need points to avoid danger!
skeletor

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:06 pm

We are on the worst run of results in my living memory and back in November I honestly thought it was time for Jim to go. However over the last six months (with all that has gone on) he has been the glue that has stuck us all together. I still expect him to get another 3-4 points this season to see us stay up. I think right now even Jim is considering his future in the summer, but regardless lets back the guy to do what is necessary to keep us a League 2 club for an amazing 11th season.
Wild Bill

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:44 pm

You could not blame Jim if a bigger club came and offered him a job and he took it.But i for one would like to see him stay at M.F.C, working for a board which gives him a decent amount of money to get the players he actually wants.What other manager could have put up with all the crap he and his team have had to deal with.
halfwayprawn

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:01 pm

halfwayprawn wrote:You could not blame Jim if a bigger club came and offered him a job and he took it.But i for one would like to see him stay at M.F.C, working for a board which gives him a decent amount of money to get the players he actually wants.What other manager could have put up with all the crap he and his team have had to deal with.

The possibility of him moving to a bigger club is an interesting one. Although it would appear to be an easy decision to join a bigger club (offer permitting) with a higher budget, better facilities and no off field problems, it would also increase the pressure on him. Although he might be feeling the strain of having to deal with issues here that managers at other clubs don't have, his job is safe regardless of results. At a bigger club he would be required to achieve something and certainly wouldnt get away with long winless runs that he often has here. He remains popular with a large proportion of our fans based on his loyalty and status at the club but this will count for nothing at another club. As we have experienced, his managerial abilities are limited and for that reason I can't see him succeeding at any other club.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Lloydie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 am

Lloydie

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 am

Wow now who could blame Jimbo if he wanted to leave ? but..........
We need to sort it out ASAP because any Manager should be building for next season now (like JB has done before )
halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:43 pm

We are used to pretty much having our squad assembled for pre season. I expect next season to be different.
Has anyone ever managed to build on quicksand?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:We are used to pretty much having our squad assembled for pre season. I expect next season to be different.

We have about 5 players contracted for next season. Could be very interesting !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Lloydie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:We are used to pretty much having our squad assembled for pre season. I expect next season to be different.

Usually some statto does a list of contracts around now, so who are we entering in the Heysham High 5/side league then for next season?
Lloydie

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Lloydie wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Usually some statto does a list of contracts around now, so who are we entering in the Heysham High 5/side league then for next season?

McGowan
Winnard
Nizic
Conlan
Turner

Academy players Luke Jordan and Tyler Brownsword signed pro deals for next season too.
Shrimpy

Postby John L » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Has anyone ever managed to build on quicksand?

Globe Construction?
John L

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion