Shirt sponsor...

Shirt sponsor...

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:15 am

... Prime space on a Marathon runners vest in return for generous sponsorship.
As you know I'm running the London Marathon to raise money for leonard Cheshire Disability. I've just had it confirmed by the charity that I can have a sponsors logo printed onto my running vest.

Anyone know of, or work for a company that would be interested? Maybe the club shirt sponsors Mopay.co.uk? or maybe Sainsbury's? - anyone have any idea how to contact them?

Alternatively another idea is to raffle the space off, company sponsorship gets you entered into the raffle?

please PM me if you can help!

2 months, 13 days until race day. £455 raised so far.
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Shirt sponsor...

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:46 am

It really is tough trying to fundraise, as I well know (remember when I had curly hair???!!!) And it is definately harder to raise funds for an 'unsexy' charity, such as physical disabilities.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll get there! Have you asked the club if you can do a bucket collection at the Bradford match? A decent sized crowd and a game that I intend to be over for. I'm sure that I can rustle up some Leonard Cheshire Disability volunteers to help as long as I know in good time.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Shirt sponsor...

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Keith wrote:It really is tough trying to fundraise, as I well know (remember when I had curly hair???!!!) And it is definately harder to raise funds for an 'unsexy' charity, such as physical disabilities.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll get there! Have you asked the club if you can do a bucket collection at the Bradford match? A decent sized crowd and a game that I intend to be over for. I'm sure that I can rustle up some Leonard Cheshire Disability volunteers to help as long as I know in good time.

I've mentioned it a couple of times to an official at the club and dropped them an email with posible matches to collect at, Bradford being one of them. I'm just awaiting confirmation now.

I had an idea whilst watching the Lincoln match which may or may not help with creating a bit of interest and stimulate some sponsorship..... I also have a place in the Manchester 10km run in May, If I put a silly figure in the air like £3000 and said if I reach this ammount a certain Christie the Cat ;) will feature in that race (I'm sure that would generate alot of local media interest!) then maybe that would capture peoples imaginations and encourage them to sponsor me.
North Stand Shrimp

Return to General Discussion