Morecambe 1 Lincoln 1 Bentley F/T

Morecambe 1 Lincoln 1 Bentley F/T

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Good start lads!

Half time, sounds like we're unlucky not to be further in front. Come on lads! :D

Bollocks :(

[Morecambe] "made to pay for a string of misses" :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Lincoln 0 Bentley

Postby forces shrimp » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm

thats it lads now keep it together
forces shrimp

Re: Morecambe 1 Lincoln 1 Bentley F/T

Postby Loyalsupporter » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 pm

1 - 1 FT and could have been 2 - 1 or 1 - 2 or even 2 - 2

quite an end to a match we should have won
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Wainwright was MOM before the soft fanny failed to get stuck in to clear there equalizer
George Dawes

Postby Welshrimp » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 pm

That was one we should have won easily. A bad goal to concede at the end, but the problem was really in not scoring more earlier in the game. Wainwright, Drummond, Blinks, central defenders - a lot of good performances.

Hope Stanners will be ok - looks a nasty knock.

What was Danny doing swallowing pills in the middle of the second half?
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Curtis hitting the bar from a good distance after he came on. A frustrating night :cry: Don't agree about Blinkhorn, he ran his socks off but he didn't do very much, failing to control the ball time and time again.
Last edited by Crooky MFC on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crooky MFC

Postby outsider » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Welshrimp wrote:What was Danny doing swallowing pills in the middle of the second half?

they had ran out of cider???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby admiral47 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:19 pm

A good performance but should have won. Blinks standing on the ball!!
admiral47

Postby Mark S » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Welshrimp wrote:
Hope Stanners will be ok - looks a nasty knock.

I heard after the match (but not official) that Stanners had broken a bone in his foot.
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 pm

metatarsal, like Beckham Gerrard Rooney 6 weeks max!
George Dawes

Postby Martin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Two points dropped tonight; a very disappointing result.

The performance, however, was at times brilliant. The start of the second half we had them all over the place. You felt though that we needed the second goal and that we might get caught at the end, especially after Jimbo headed Artell's shot off their line!

The turning point was the two injuries, if Stanners is a broken bone, then that's going to be quite a blow. I think we came more unstuck when McLaughlan went off. He provides that protection in front of the defence and once he'd gone, they looked a little exposed. We should have had the game wrapped up well before then.

An entertaining game, a good performance and signs that the consistency we need is starting to come.
Martin

Postby james456 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Disappointing to say the least. We need to start finishing off games. We sat back too much in the second half and we payed the price. Still, a few positives to take from this...

We are still in 14th place (I think), with other results going in our favour. We performed well and looked more comfortable on the ball with a few individuals doing well in particular.

Roche - 7. Saved two one on ones.
Yates - 7. Classy performance. I think he's definitely improved - we aren't seeing as many mistakes and he gets forward into good positions.
Artell - 7. Pretty solid game. Distribution still poor but he did what he does best.
Adams - 6. Quiet game, not much to say here.
Bentley - 7. Good goal, steady in defence.
Wainwright - 8. Some real flashes of brilliance. Improving each game.
Stanley - 8. Wonderful passing. Key player for us - hope his injury isn't serious.
McLachlan - 6. Quiet but passing was good tonight.
Drummond - 6. Worked hard, some good passes but made a couple of errors.
Twiss - 6. Playing with a bit more confidence but made a couple of mistakes.
Blinkhorn - 5. Held the ball up well but made a number of mistakes, misplaced passes/headers.
james456

Postby steve mfc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 am

Very unfortunate to lose both Stanley and McLachlan, i think we would have gone on to win the game if they had not gone off. Good performance though and very entertaining.

What a revelation Neil Wainwright has been lately, at last he is showing the form that he promised in the pre season games. This is what we have been missing since Thommo and Baker left, its what fans want to see, its that expectation when a player like Wainwright gets the ball, he has the ability to produce that bit of magic.
steve mfc

Postby mfcbro » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:45 am

Thought it was a good solid performance,entertaining,ok we should have won the game but we played some good stuff,Stanners could be out for a while 5th metatarsal broken,alls not dome and gloom,could be some good news tomorrow?
mfcbro

Postby Harry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 am

Quite an enjoyable night of football, too bad there weren't that many down to see it. Thought we played some really good stuff and were unfortunate not to get that killer second goal, but to be fair to Lincoln their goal was coming for 5 minutes and was typical of us not putting in the tackle and being afraid to close the opposition down.

Such a shame to have 2 of what would now be considered the nucleus of the first team injured tonight. What I envision is Hunter replacing McLachlan, with Twiss dropping back to midfield and either Aaron or Diarmuid (don't think Wayne is fit enough yet) to parter Blinkhorn up front. We're in a dire position squad-wise now, we can only scrape a bench even if Matty Bell (do you think Sammy remembers he's eligible to play?) is on it.
Harry

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 am

Rene Howe should be ok for Saturday
Shrimpsscene

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 am

missed him, at least he can hold the ball up, and bash defenders about
George Dawes

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 am

We are sooo Going to mis Craig! he is fab at crossing corners and free kicks into the box.
hes out for 6 weeks and maybe the rest of the season.
i-love-mfc

Postby campdave » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:Rene Howe should be ok for Saturday

Has his suspension passed now then? Someone said about 7 days for it to kick in, which would mean it would have been served last night?
campdave

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 am

Ive had a good few rants at Wainwright recently, as those on the north stand have probably heard, however against Accrington, he was along with the other 10 absolute bobbins, at best!

I commented last week on his performance vs Brentford, but last night it wasn't so much what he did in possession, but off it...continually creating space out wide, offering himself, being aware of a potential attack...Yates was the same, hence those two were probably, quite rightly picked out as the best performers.

If Neil had an extra 1/2 stone on him then he'd be perfect, but as already revealed already on another posting, he was at fault for their goal, not entirely of course, but a weak, feeble challenge left me scratching my head again!

I thought at times the football we played, through midfield, knocking it wide, into feet, YES into feet, was very good to watch. Much better than the drivel we've been used to so far this campaign.

Its a shame that we are failing once again to bury chances; Bentley signed for them at half time i think, and Curtis was desperately unlucky to hit a post.

I'm a big fan of Hunter but i do fear for him at the moment, he's struggling to get into the games when he comes on, and he needs to get into the rigours a lot more/quicker or he could be on his way to FGR (seems most players we let go end up there).

Roche made some top-class saves - Player of the year so far imo.

Can anyone confirm what purpose the 4th official had in running down the touchline in the second half (just before Stanley went off)!!!??

Great performance, possibly the best footballing game ive seen this season, because Lincoln didn't hold back, just really gutted we couldn't finish them off!

Bring on the Wright stuff (or wrong!) on saturday.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:56 am

The game changed when Stanners and Fraser went off.

Jackson saw that our midfield was much weaker and they pushed forward and very nearly won it which would have been an injustice.

I would like to see Matty Poole get a go in Stanners place.

Its hard to see where goals are going to come from when Rene Howe is missing.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 am

good game,the key moment was when stanners and mclachlan went off,our midfield went to pieces then and they looked likely to score for the last 15 minutes
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am

2 points dropped without doubt.

Can't understand this habit of trying to defend a 1 goal lead as we did for the last 30 minutes. We gave them too much room and as a result they took control of the game.

Personally I would have taken Blinks off because for us he looked dead on his feet for the last quarter. I fail to understand why Sammy will not use Taylor when he knows that he's always capable of scoring.

Can somebody also please explain the logic in having all outfield players in our box to defend a corner? It's inviting trouble. Any loose ball out of the box by one of our players is bound to go to one of theirs thereby inviting even more pressure.

Possibly if Stanners and Fraser had stayed on we could have weathered the storm but so bloody frustrating in defending a 1-0 lead.

As for Saturdays selection, maybe the league will grant us access to the emergency loan system, otherwise we could struggle to have a competitive bench. Wouldn't suprise me if O'Carroll makes an appearance in central midfield as he has been doing of late in the reserves.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am

campdave wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:Rene Howe should be ok for Saturday

Has his suspension passed now then? Someone said about 7 days for it to kick in, which would mean it would have been served last night?

it was served last night he is eligible to play if fit
official......
Shrimpsscene

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:26 am

Christies Child wrote:2 points dropped without doubt.

Can't understand this habit of trying to defend a 1 goal lead as we did for the last 30 minutes. We gave them too much room and as a result they took control of the game.

Possibly if Stanners and Fraser had stayed on we could have weathered the storm but so bloody frustrating in defending a 1-0 lead.

Neil - you kind of answer your own point.

I didn't see any deliberate 'trying to defend' - we got our goal after 18 minutes and then spent nearly all the rest of the game looking for a second. We bossed them all over the park for long periods.

It was only when we lost the two workers in midfield and lost our shape a bit that they got any really useful possession. No 'trying to defend' there - it was a case of having to.

They're not a bad side, you know, and have some very good players. Hardly likely that we are going to keep them in their own half all night. (But we did for most of the game).

Yes, disappointing on the night that we didn't get the three points we deserved - but let's just take a step back for a minute.

We are saying that we - 'Morecambe' - are disappointed that we didn't get three points against Lincoln City - that's Football League side, Lincoln City, the real one.

Being "disappointed" that we didn't 'kill off' Lincoln, against whom we looked comfortably the better side (ditto Port Vale) is - to me - a massive, massive 'positive'.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Next

Return to General Discussion