Jim Bentley Out

Re: Bentley out

Postby bill ding » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:26 am

marky No.1 wrote:10 years ago Thomson, Carlton, Bentley, Adams, Jesus, Curtis, Stanners & Co. worked their bollocks off to get us where we are today.
Forest Green, Tranmere, Lincoln, Wrexham, Chester, Torquay, York and others are all waiting to pinch our space.
It is time to get a grip of this situation, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, get some grit and passion.. get out on that pitch, show some endeavour, pass the fckin ball and start winning football matches

Dont think we are allowed on the pitch Marky and definatelly not with a ball :roll:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby John L » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:55 am

marky No.1 wrote:10 years ago Thomson, Carlton, Bentley, Adams, Jesus, Curtis, Stanners & Co. worked their bollocks off to get us where we are today.
Forest Green, Tranmere, Lincoln, Wrexham, Chester, Torquay, York and others are all waiting to pinch our space.
It is time to get a grip of this situation, stop feeling sorry for ourselves, get some grit and passion.. get out on that pitch, show some endeavour, pass the fckin ball and start winning football matches

Spot on, and I imagine that many of those who have stopped coming have become so disaffected with the current situation on the pitch that they decided to do something less wasteful of their time and money and will return once changes have been made to restore that grit and passion. Hopefully they (and we more tolerant fans) won't have that long to wait, even if it means we find ourselves back in the same division we were 10 years ago...
John L

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:20 am

Exactly. Those lads went out on the pitch to win and it showed. Heart on their sleeve sort of people.

With the promotion to the FL came too many broken promises, too many self centred mediocre players and above all we lost our 'little old Morecambe' tag. As an established FL team the paying public expect a lot more for their money.

On a personal level I could have nutted it out, despite the rubbish football and lack of success, if it hadn't been for all the broken promises. So unless things change and the club start to respect the fans more I don't intend to return any time soon.

I still love the club and wouldn't go anywhere else, but my money isn't going to the current regime
Caged Lion

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 am

Have you any idea what those players were earning? It was more than what our current players are on now. I'd give my right bollock to have thommo back from Wycombe BUT WE CANNOT AFFORD HIM.

Good players cost money. These run hard and care too. They're just not that great yet
SupermarketShrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:55 am

I would point out that the ''current regime '', are at present, leaving pretty much everything in the hands of the minor shareholding directors, a group of local fans, who put in lots of money and unpaid hours work because they love the club.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 am

SupermarketShrimp wrote:

Have you any idea what those players were earning? It was more than what our current players are on now. I'd give my right bollock to have thommo back from Wycombe BUT WE CANNOT AFFORD HIM.

Good players cost money. These run hard and care too. They're just not that great yet

There is no correlation between what someone is paid and the amount of effort or passion they demonstrate (and of course, you equally have no idea what they are paid or what the others were paid).

You cannot even compare the effort that was shown against Portsmouth for instance, to the last 7 home games. There has been no change in ability in that time, but certainly a drop in determination. People are not stupid, if the players give there all they will still get clapped off. We have had more booing at full time this season than the entire time I have supported the club.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:25 am

Well put Jack, the list I gave IMO had more passion than quite a few we have had in the Football League, regardless of what they were earning.
The booing is getting ridiculous now, but a lot of it is the only way that some, if not most fans can vent their anger/frustration/concern
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:43 am

Absolutely agree Jack , just have to think of a couple of those players that Mark mentioned - Wayne Curtis was no great player but had the heart of a lion and the strength of a buffalo and would perform with the same passion and desire week in week out no matter what the result . The same could be said for Jim Bentley and Dave Artell , not the most skillful centre-halves in the world but nothing much got past them and they scared the shit out of the opposition defence when they went up for corners and free-kicks . Present players take note and watch the video's ;) . (if you can find something to watch them on ) :o
parceldave

Postby John L » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Agree with Jack's, Mark's and Dave's opinions.
John L

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I would point out that the ''current regime '', are at present, leaving pretty much everything in the hands of the minor shareholding directors, a group of local fans, who put in lots of money and unpaid hours work because they love the club.

Going to watch Morecambe play was the highlight of our week and all we could afford. Those minor shareholding directors are very fortunate to have enough surplus cash to indulge their passion for the club. Many people just don't have much money to chuck around frivilously and need to spend their money carefully.

Every year we spent hundreds of hours and all our 'holiday' money supporting Morecambe. Eventually we stopped believing all the promises offered to encourage us to spend our holiday money on the club and stayed away.
Caged Lion

Postby shrimperteer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:09 pm

SupermarketShrimp wrote:How about we give a shit, give them a song if we go behind and back them. They might just get that extra 10% we need.

I guarantee you, if we can just get a result on Saturday, and take that going forward, December will be a much better month.

Agree with this. I'd not managed to get to a home match for a couple of months before the Coventry FA Cup game and it was noticeable at that how negative things were. The players were getting a load a stick for every little mistake from minute 1.
shrimperteer

Postby halfwayprawn » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 pm

One guy in c2 was told not to sit next to them again, because he was supporting the team with red passion. :roll:
halfwayprawn

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

I don't want to say "I told you so"

No, I actually want to say "I TOLD YOU SO" as loud as I can.

The fightback has started. I look forward to seeing where it takes us
SupermarketShrimp

Re: Jim Bentley

Postby Posh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:51 pm

As this thread is predominantly a discussion about Jim Bentley and his managerial style and the person with comments based on a variety of different times and positive and negative, I felt it time to change the thread title. Any of the other mods or the original poster can change back if they like but I think it's now a more accurate reflection of the topic now.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 pm

Posh wrote:As this thread is predominantly a discussion about Jim Bentley and his managerial style and the person with comments based on a variety of different times and positive and negative, I felt it time to change the thread title. Any of the other mods or the original poster can change back if they like but I think it's now a more accurate reflection of the topic now.

Completely agree, more appropriate.

Now watch this! :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vrjVgqE6w
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:02 am

Knowing what we know now... Just wow.
Sir James of Bentley, a legend in every sense of the word. Proud to have made a contribution towards your fine.
If we had the money a statute of your good self should be erected in front of the Globe.

Feel like my club is mine again. We maybe few but together we can sort this crap out...
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 am

I just watched a fantastic game of football, then at about 4.52 I walked into the warm bit and met Swidz and Gill who simply mentioned the collection , they had raised £990 during the day without me knowing tbh, they were going to seek a tenner from somewhere! I am proud, priviledged and honoured to make it to that magical £1000
Worth every penny Sir James of Bentley
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:55 am

''I do a lot for cha- ra -dee! but I don't like to talk about it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby bill ding » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:11 am

marky No.1 wrote:I just watched a fantastic game of football, then at about 4.52 I walked into the warm bit and met Swidz and Gill who simply mentioned the collection , they had raised £990 during the day without me knowing tbh, they were going to seek a tenner from somewhere! I am proud, priviledged and honoured to make it to that magical £1000
Worth every penny Sir James of Bentley

Just to P#ss on Markys chips I put one of the first tenners in so I'm proud to help get the ball rolling :roll: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :roll: . Didnt matter what you put in its the overall gesture that was fantastic ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:18 am

Director MH, put in a generous wad.
mrpotatohead

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:36 am

Still waiting for me change! :D :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 am

Took my lad to his first game yesterday. He had some money for sweets at half time but put a pound in for Jimbo.
halftimeresults

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Great to see Jim giving it some after the fourth goal went in. Was really celebrating with the fans and the fans loved it. It's not normally his style but more of the same in future wouldn't go a miss.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:33 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:Great to see Jim giving it some after the fourth goal went in. Was really celebrating with the fans and the fans loved it. It's not normally his style but more of the same in future wouldn't go a miss.

Get him sat with the fans next Saturday! That would be great! His view would be as good as from anywhere and he could still phone Kenny up.

Quick quiz question, who can not be 'sent off' by the referee?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Keith wrote:
broadwayshrimp wrote:Great to see Jim giving it some after the fourth goal went in. Was really celebrating with the fans and the fans loved it. It's not normally his style but more of the same in future wouldn't go a miss.

Get him sat with the fans next Saturday! That would be great! His view would be as good as from anywhere and he could still phone Kenny up.

Quick quiz question, who can not be 'sent off' by the referee?

Sadly themselves , some of them could do with it !
bill ding

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion