Great Memories !!

Great Memories !!

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Crooky MFC

Re: Great Memories !!

Postby shrimper » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Fantastic stuff Seagie! Thanks for putting those up, great memories indeed.

Couple of points. Some very confident finishes there from players still at our club - Twissy and Wayne as well as Gary Hunter. Be nice to see them show that kind of spirit and willingness to 'have a pop' even more in League Two when/if they get a chance.

Also if you look at the 05/06 clips at about 2mn 10secs Twissy's goal against Accy is still one of my favourites of his.

Not a spectacular strike but catching it so cleanly on the run is a great skill and it just stuck in my memory.

Thanks again - and to Crooky for bringing it to our notice.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby steve mfc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Some great goals there from Twiss, but the one by Walmsley against Stevenage was a bit special.
steve mfc

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

I was there when Perkins scored.
Sammy h

Postby Morecamber » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 pm

The second goal, scored by Dean Howell,I think I remember that day well, when we all went into the carwash because we wern't allowed in the Umbro Stand.

Great memories.
Morecamber

Postby bigreddog » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Some very happy memories. Thanks for putting those clips up. Please let the game go ahead tomorrow I'm having withdrawal symptoms
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 am

The Twiss goal at Burton is still fresh in my mind, a screamer of a goal. It was a Tuesday night game early on in the season where we thumped the Brewers 4-0. We had made our usual crap start away from home in the previous away days and the result and performance was a welcome surprise. Walmsley looked quality that night, one of his better games when he was deployed in a midfield role.

My mate drove a car load of us down in a tin can (still don't know how the £100-mobile managed to get us there and back in one piece). I hope Burton make it up this season, we always seemed to play well there (FA Trophy aside) and often seemed to travel there in good numbers. Plus it’s only about 40mins on the train for me :D
RedRedWine1

Postby Mark S » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

RedRedWine wrote:The Twiss goal at Burton is still fresh in my mind, a screamer of a goal. It was a Tuesday night game early on in the season where we thumped the Brewers 4-0. We had made our usual crap start away from home in the previous away days and the result and performance was a welcome surprise. Walmsley looked quality that night, one of his better games when he was deployed in a midfield role.

My mate drove a car load of us down in a tin can (still don't know how the £100-mobile managed to get us there and back in one piece). I hope Burton make it up this season, we always seemed to play well there (FA Trophy aside) and often seemed to travel there in good numbers. Plus it’s only about 40mins on the train for me :D

I remember that game. the first one after the NCBA move wasnt it? Still had faggots though!

Was there a conga that night?
Mark S

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:41 am

Yeah, think it was the first time we visited the Pirelli Stadium to play Nigel Cloughs Burton Albion (NCBA?). That's also a reason why Burton should come up. I worked for Pirelli last year and managed to get free tickets for a couple of games. They still have faggots! Even if the game is crap you can still make a whole host of faggot innuendos to pass the time and brighten up your afternoon.

Indeed there was a conga on the away terrace that night. Sgt Major used to have the video for it on his gazzetta de la shrimp fanzine website. Dig it out Mick!
RedRedWine1

Postby Pandashrimp » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 am

Ah Twissy to have you doing that kinda stuff again!! Forgotten how good he was back then.

Some great memories there. Tell you what, being football league is great, but i kind of miss chasing promotion and that dream and always being one of the best footballing teams in the league under Harvey. Mind you Sammy got the job done and i would rather be a where we are now than still in the BSP. I do miss the end of season buzz we had ever since the playoffs got introduced though. Can't see us having that for a while, unless we have a end of season relegation dog-fight to get stuck into... still not that i am complaining though! :roll:
Also, people say there is not much difference in quality between the top conf clubs and L2. I agree with this, but this must mean that Sammy has got us playing much more efficient and 'route one' stuff in the League, as i would love to see us knocking in goals like that nowadays. It all seems to be set-plays and punts up field now, (However i do realise we can't be expected to out play many teams at this level). On the other hand, it is admirable how we scrap for every goal and every point since promotion, whereas once our talent could provide.
All in all guess what i am saying is, wouldn't swap league status for anything, just miss the entertainment of old!
Pandashrimp

Postby Mark S » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 am

Pandashrimp wrote:Ah Twissy to have you doing that kinda stuff again!! Forgotten how good he was back then.

Some great memories there. Tell you what, being football league is great, but i kind of miss chasing promotion and that dream and always being one of the best footballing teams in the league under Harvey. Mind you Sammy got the job done and i would rather be a where we are now than still in the BSP. I do miss the end of season buzz we had ever since the playoffs got introduced though. Can't see us having that for a while, unless we have a end of season relegation dog-fight to get stuck into... still not that i am complaining though! :roll:
Also, people say there is not much difference in quality between the top conf clubs and L2. I agree with this, but this must mean that Sammy has got us playing much more efficient and 'route one' stuff in the League, as i would love to see us knocking in goals like that nowadays. It all seems to be set-plays and punts up field now, (However i do realise we can't be expected to out play many teams at this level). On the other hand, it is admirable how we scrap for every goal and every point since promotion, whereas once our talent could provide.
All in all guess what i am saying is, wouldn't swap league status for anything, just miss the entertainment of old!

I think that is how a lot of us feel Pandashrimp. You are right though, wouldnt swap it!
Mark S

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Blimey we didn't half play some good football. Nearly every clip was us running onto teams with pace (forgot what that was). More supprisingly was the amount of goals scored due to balls been threaded through from the centre of midfield for the strikers. I always thought the majority of our chances/goals came from out wide.

"It all seems to be set-plays and punts up field now, (However i do realise we can't be expected to out play many teams at this level). On the other hand, it is admirable how we scrap for every goal and every point since promotion, whereas once our talent could provide."

Yes I think we now we have become a stereotypical league 2 team.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion