Next Season.....

Next Season.....

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:01 pm

...and beyond.

It's almost 2 seasons since promotion.
The country is in a mess, and run by an idiot,
Most of us can't guarantee our own financial stability.
So what about the future of the MFC?
The average Joe in the town couldn't give a toss, so would the club be better off in a lower league?
Plain Peter

Re: Next Season.....

Postby al1 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 pm

yes,i think we should ask to be placed in the unibond north with city of lancaster.
al1

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks for that. It's very easy to laugh things off, but shit happens tha'knows, and to bigger clubs than our own.

The recent home gate means that apart from me and thee there ain't too many folk watching ;)
Plain Peter

Postby james456 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:04 am

Why would we be better off in a lower league?

And by that logic, shouldnt all the clubs in the country be in a lower league?
james456

Postby Aal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 am

You are a doom merchant for sure...

And by the way I think it's a bit much to call our leader an idiot. Jeremy Clarkson got away with it but it's not appropriate on here. :x
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am

If all Clarkson had done is call the PM an Idiot, then there'd have been no bother.
The PM is an idiot.
Alistair Darling is an idiot.
Mandelsoehn is a dangerous idiot.
Ed Balls is an idiot too, and I fear there is much worse to come from him.
Ooops I forgot the Fotreign Secretary. He's keeping quiet at the moment, as is his kid bruv. Time'll tell with them two.

I can say all that because I am a prudent saver, who has contributed not one iota to the financial mess this country has found itself in.
That mess has been coming for the past 3 or 4 years.
I owe nobody owt, never have done, apart from when I had a manageable mortgage.
I pay my credit card bill in full every month.
Now what? The idiots who borrowed what they couldn't affordto repay are being bailed out so they can borrow again, while blokes like me are suffering for it.
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:45 am

Calling politicians "idiots" is fare game on here, how else would a certain Ms Smith get described? :roll:

As for us in a lower league, that's just Peter, coming in from a night on the sauce, harking back to his Lancaster City days :lol: I'm sure Bradford City fans would agree with his logic that you should be promoted on the basis of fan base rather than merit. Which is odd really, because you'd think someone from the right wing would be in favour of a meritocracy?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:39 am

Aal wrote:You are a doom merchant for sure...

And by the way I think it's a bit much to call our leader an idiot. Jeremy Clarkson got away with it but it's not appropriate on here. :x

He is not my 'Leader'. He might be the PM, but I didnt vote for him and he wasnt part of the deal at the last election. He is an idiot.
Mark S

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:06 am

I don't think Jeremy Clarkson said anything that was untrue.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:08 am

mind you Clarkson is a prat too
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:56 am

Polish shrimp here.

Lee has kindly taught me to speak and write in Irish.

I will use his computer to pass on weekly lessons in thrift.

Lesson one... CHEAP NIGHT OUT WITH FOOD!!!

Christie park to watch the reserves 15 minutes after kick off and you get in free, go to the food counter in the last ten minutes and ask the food lady if she will sell you the left over hot dogs for ten pence each.

WALK HOME WITH TWO HOT DOGS EACH INCLUDING SAUCE AND ONIONS. TOTAL SPEND FORTY PENCE!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

Lower league :o We're going to a higher league! You watch us go in the next few seasone when the financial benefits of the new development kick in; allied to the business acumen of our directors.

A lot of clubs who rely solely on gate income and little else are really going to struggle in the harsh financial realities which are going to be the next few years. We should definitely be in a lot better position to prosper whiilst others falter. The net result will equal a higher standard of player attracted, higher gate income ( even in our fickle footballing region ) and a rise up the league rather than down! :D
Burnley Shrimp

Postby pompeyred » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:43 am

We are only 14 points off the play-offs with 2 games in hand
pompeyred

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:44 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Lower league :o We're going to a higher league! You watch us go in the next few seasone when the financial benefits of the new development kick in; allied to the business acumen of our directors.

A lot of clubs who rely solely on gate income and little else are really going to struggle in the harsh financial realities which are going to be the next few years. We should definitely be in a lot better position to prosper whiilst others falter. The net result will equal a higher standard of player attracted, higher gate income ( even in our fickle footballing region ) and a rise up the league rather than down! :D

That for me would be a bonus.

I can see the new stadium being an attraction for hte first season but after that I'm not so sure. That is why the off-field activities that the new development brings are so crucial to our survival. To rely on gate money has proved to be problematical this season. Without the new stadium nothing would have changed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Peter wrote:...and beyond.

It's almost 2 seasons since promotion.
The country is in a mess, and run by an idiot,
Most of us can't guarantee our own financial stability.
So what about the future of the MFC?
The average Joe in the town couldn't give a toss, so would the club be better off in a lower league?

look at Wimbledon and there attitude, when they had a ground and fan base like ours in the old 1st division and went on to win a FA CUP , and had a good 10yrs in the top flight premier league

they should be our role models
George Dawes

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Keith wrote:As for us in a lower league, that's just Peter, coming in from a night on the sauce, harking back to his Lancaster City days :lol:

;)
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Mark S wrote:He is not my 'Leader'. He might be the PM, but I didnt vote for him and he wasnt part of the deal at the last election. He is an idiot.

And now he's bailing out the Foreign Office because the drop in the value of sterling means they can't do their job properly.
My son works for the FO and HO, and has just flown from Riyadh to Delhi first class, accommodated in the Oberoi Hotel for 5 nights, and wined and dined every night from the same publically funded pot which is now apparently empty.
It's a decent bean-counter this country needs.
Plain Peter

Postby Gnasher » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:06 pm

You must be so proud of him wasting public money like that.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Peter wrote:I can say all that because I am a prudent saver, who has contributed not one iota to the financial mess this country has found itself in.
That mess has been coming for the past 3 or 4 years.
I owe nobody owt, never have done, apart from when I had a manageable mortgage.
I pay my credit card bill in full every month.
Now what? The idiots who borrowed what they couldn't affordto repay are being bailed out so they can borrow again, while blokes like me are suffering for it.

Fully with you on all of this Peter except for the credit card because I don't even have one of those, it's been way too easy for people to borrow far more than their earnings can comfortably cover and I have no sympathy for any of em if they crash and burn (which I hope they do!!!)

I have certainly had to make adjustments to our way of life in order to continue being solvent in my own right, this sadly includes giving up the luxuries, one of which is watching football :cry:
Until things level out it will remain that way i'm afraid, to add to this:
I had my car written off last Monday and nearly got killed as I slid towards the middle of a very Busy Heysham rd full of Power station traffic because Lancashire county council decided not to grit the 2 hills I live between which they have done for years and have since taken off the gritting route (without telling us or providing a container for us to do it ourselves) I was told when I contacted county hall, I also added to that the amount of 6 inch deep potholes I dodge every morning but haven't even received a reply!

The only good thing to come from my car being rammed from behind and destroyed was the lady who was in the other vehicle was travelling far faster than I down the hill and would have been straight into the middle of the road causing certain carnage at 7-58am in the morning had she not hit me, Thankfully we survived.
HALMA 1983

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:33 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Fully with you on all of this Peter except for the credit card because I don't even have one of those, it's been way too easy for people to borrow far more than their earnings can comfortably cover and I have no sympathy for any of em if they crash and burn (which I hope they do!!!)

Providing you pay the bill in full every month a credit card is a definite must have.
I've got an EasyJet Mastercard, and pay be DD.
So far I've had a free flight, and am building up air miles for my next jaunt.
I haven't, nor will I ever pay a penny in interest charges.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape, only 8 left now.
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Gnasher wrote:You must be so proud of him wasting public money like that.

You mean my son and not the 'Idiot'?
My lad's only doing his job, it's the rule makers who ought to be hanging their heads in shame.
I spent 30 years as a Crown Servant, always very close to dishing out public money.
I could spin a few yarns, many you wouldn't believe.
Plain Peter

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I see that one of the 'idiots' is being sited as claiming expences for a London home that's in her sisters name.

No doubt it's all been a terrible mistake and she's sorry.....(for getting caught???).
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby wonder shrimp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:I see that one of the 'idiots' is being sited as claiming expences for a London home that's in her sisters name.

No doubt it's all been a terrible mistake and she's sorry.....(for getting caught???).

according to the today programme there's no suggestion that jacqui smith actually broke any rules. but i was half asleep so i could be wrong!
wonder shrimp

Postby wijit » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Peter has a good point. Given the current situation, plus the fact that we are not getting enough bodies through the gate to pay the bills it may well be prudent (Cheers Brownie) to reduce the bills by being in a lower league. That isn't something we want, but Peter was asking a perfectly legitimate, if hypothetical, question. There may be clubs who are so far in debt that they go out of buisness, Stockport owe £450,000 to the taxman, for instance and their options are even more limited than ours!

As for Gordon brown, yes, the man IS an idiot. He has taxed us to the hilt with more hidden taxes than at any other stage in history! I'm also pretty sure one of his eyes isn't real and he is Scottish so Clarkson was bang on if you ask me.
wijit

Postby The Red Knight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:15 pm

wijit wrote:Peter has a good point. Given the current situation, plus the fact that we are not getting enough bodies through the gate to pay the bills it may well be prudent (Cheers Brownie) to reduce the bills by being in a lower league.

I don't see how this would do us any good. Surely we would lose money by being in a lower league as we wouldn't get all the payouts that come from being part of The Football League?
The Red Knight

Next

Return to General Discussion