Ticket prices for Rochdale

Re: Ticket prices for Rochdale

Postby firthy_SexGod » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:43 am

campdave wrote:
BCFC Morecambe wrote:Nice to see it aint just Bradford that gets a bashing when it comes to pricing policy's.

When or if your new stadium ever comes about, I'm sure you guys will be quiet on the pricing issues as Morecambe will certainly hike the prices to off-set the runnings costs of a new stadium facility.

I thought Bradford's argument was that it was fine to charge the earth if you had a nice stadium :roll:

Well then it's clear you've had us wrong from the start?

We don't condone the prices we charge and we've previously stated exactly that on this very messageboard but what we don't like is other fans from different clubs complaining about our ticket policy just because we have a cheap ST scheme that others seem to think they're paying for. Like i've said in the past, it's not just us that charge stupid prices for this level of football but yet we seem to get shot down every single time - what would you prefer?....£20 at Dale to watch your beloved Morecambe infront of a crowd 2,500 with very average facilities or £20 at Bratfud infront of 13,000 in one of the best away ends in the league? - It's a no-brainer if you ask me but im sure you'll find something to complain about in your replys. :lol:

Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when we take over Morecambe on Good Friday!
firthy_SexGod

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 am

Firthy Sex God wrote.

"We don't condone the prices we charge and we've previously stated exactly that on this very messageboard but what we don't like is other fans from different clubs complaining about our ticket policy just because we have a cheap ST scheme that others seem to think they're paying for. Like i've said in the past, it's not just us that charge stupid prices for this level of football but yet we seem to get shot down every single time - what would you prefer?....£20 at Dale to watch your beloved Morecambe infront of a crowd 2,500 with very average facilities or £20 at Bratfud infront of 13,000 in one of the best away ends in the league? - It's a no-brainer if you ask me but im sure you'll find something to complain about in your replys.

Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when we take over Morecambe on Good Friday"!

Reply.

This might surprise you and it sticks in the throat a bit to say it but BCFC is the one club in Div 2 charging 'rip off prices' which I can't really argue with. It is a Premiership Standard Stadium and is a great ground to visit. Your overheads must be fairly steep as well for running such a facility, so hey ho, I'll visit with the whole clan as long as your in Div 2 with us. A few more seasons there then hopefully!

PS. It is shaping up to be a cracking day on Good Friday with you lot no doubt still there or thereabouts at the top. It hasn't been mentioned yet but a few seasons ago for Carlisles visit in the Conference we put temporary terracing at the back of the away stand to double the capacity to approx 2,000. I think it actually cost us money to do it because the admission money didn't cover the cost of installation and extra policing/stewarding but it might be one idea to allow more Bradford fans to see the game. Your Directors might have to contribute to the cost though as we aren't exactly flush at the moment.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby John L » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:It hasn't been mentioned yet but a few seasons ago for Carlisles visit in the Conference we put temporary terracing at the back of the away stand to double the capacity to approx 2,000. I think it actually cost us money to do it because the admission money didn't cover the cost of installation and extra policing/stewarding but it might be one idea to allow more Bradford fans to see the game. Your Directors might have to contribute to the cost though as we aren't exactly flush at the moment.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Carlisle Utd paid for the hire of the temporary terracing.
John L

Postby Gnasher » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Not entirely sure they paid for all of it, they might have just paid what the club lost i.e. the difference between the cost of the seating and how much they earned from the people using it. They definitely paid towards it though.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby firthy_SexGod » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:54 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Firthy Sex God wrote.

"We don't condone the prices we charge and we've previously stated exactly that on this very messageboard but what we don't like is other fans from different clubs complaining about our ticket policy just because we have a cheap ST scheme that others seem to think they're paying for. Like i've said in the past, it's not just us that charge stupid prices for this level of football but yet we seem to get shot down every single time - what would you prefer?....£20 at Dale to watch your beloved Morecambe infront of a crowd 2,500 with very average facilities or £20 at Bratfud infront of 13,000 in one of the best away ends in the league? - It's a no-brainer if you ask me but im sure you'll find something to complain about in your replys.

Good luck for the rest of the season apart from when we take over Morecambe on Good Friday"!

Reply.

This might surprise you and it sticks in the throat a bit to say it but BCFC is the one club in Div 2 charging 'rip off prices' which I can't really argue with. It is a Premiership Standard Stadium and is a great ground to visit. Your overheads must be fairly steep as well for running such a facility, so hey ho, I'll visit with the whole clan as long as your in Div 2 with us. A few more seasons there then hopefully!

PS. It is shaping up to be a cracking day on Good Friday with you lot no doubt still there or thereabouts at the top. It hasn't been mentioned yet but a few seasons ago for Carlisles visit in the Conference we put temporary terracing at the back of the away stand to double the capacity to approx 2,000. I think it actually cost us money to do it because the admission money didn't cover the cost of installation and extra policing/stewarding but it might be one idea to allow more Bradford fans to see the game. Your Directors might have to contribute to the cost though as we aren't exactly flush at the moment.

Now this is interesting!

Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper for both clubs if you just gave us your North Stand because like you say, if we are still up their come this fixture then we'll no-doubt be taking an healthy following and the 1,500 wasn't quite enough last season and that was on a Friday night. Anyway, at least then you'll be garunteed no away supporters in with the locals not to mention the extra revenue that comes with it. - It's something your board need to think over but I doubt it'll ever happen due to one or two locals uping sticks about giving up their one and only North Stand.....Mind you if it does happen don't do a Hull and charge at what was then 8,000+ City fans in their home end, it'll get messy! :lol:
firthy_SexGod

Previous

Return to General Discussion